“Tired & Needs a facelift” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Winnipeg, Canada
“Tired & Needs a facelift”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband & I travel about 40-50 days every winter & have stayed in many different properties. We don't mind older properties if they are kept updated but we found Best Western Walton Beach in dire need of an update, right from the lobby to the rooms. We had a gulf view room which had an amazing view and was very clean. However someone had tried to freshen it up by painting the bathroom door white, which would be OK if it was kept clean. The back side of the door was black (gross). The frame of the mirror in the room was also painted but not very well, looked very unprofessional. The breakfast was mediocre and the seating area small & uncomfortable. Would probably find another place to stay if was in the area. Not sure how it's rated #2 in Fort Walton

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Toni R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank You for your review. We appreciate all your feedback. We are right now in the midst of upgrading several of our interior hotel features. Please come back and visit us again, it would our pleasure to serve you, again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was traveling though the area and called for a last minute reservation. I spoke with a very nice front desk attendant that apologized for not having a beachfront room available, this was understandable as I was calling after 8pm the night I wanted to check in. She held a room on a courtesy hold for me. Upon arrival I was greeted by the very nice lady that made my reservation and her co worker. I was very impressed by how welcoming and friendly they both were. This staff really has the "customer service aspect figured out "!. I had occasion to speak with the General Manager and it was evident that great customer service starts at the top at this hotel. The room was nicely decorated and very clean. I felt like the parking lot was very secure and safe. I was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful rate. This hotel has a GREAT location right on the beach.

Room Tip: Even if a beachfront room isn't available don't discount this hotel. The rooms that don'...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank You for the gracious and lovely remarks on your stay with us. We certainly enjoyed meeting you and look forward to your next visit with us. We will have a special spot on the beach waiting just for you.
Jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We had a great experience. The hotel is a little older, but it's staff understands that customer service goes a long way to making any hotel stay great. They were so helpful and pointed out nearby restaurants and attractions and went as far as to surprise my husband and I with a bottle of champagne for Valentine's weekend. Great staff and you couldn't find a better place to catch an Emerald Coast sunrise or sunset. Thanks BW staff!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Toni R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank You for the lovely review on your recent stay with us. We appreciate the kind remarks regarding our team and your overall stay. It was our pleasure to help you have the very best of Valentine's! We look forward to seeing you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Spent two very nice days at the Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfront Hotel. The hotel has a great location right on the beach. A heated swimming pool is also available. We had an ocean front room overlooking the pool and beach. The beach area here is suburb with very soft white sand. Although the water was cold, it is February, but the surf was mild making for great beach walking.

The room was fairly small but well decorated with a spectacular ocean view. The lobby area was colorfully decorated and staff was very pleasant. All in all a very good place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Toni R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank You for your review on your recent stay with us. It was our pleasure to serve you. We appreciate the lovely remarks. Please do some visit with us again!
Short Hills, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband, adult daughter and I stayed at this hotel for a long weekend in January. The beachfront location is quite spectacular! The weather was cool, but we took a long walk along the pristine beach and enjoyed the beautiful sunset on the gulf. The hotel was reasonably priced, the room was clean and the staff was attentive and very helpful. When we checked in, our room was upgraded to an oceanfront room with a balcony. Very generous and fortunate for us! I do not disagree with other reviewers that it could benefit from a bit of updating, but this was not important to us. Breakfast was complimentary and was comparable to that offered by other hotel brands. All in all, we were quite satisfied with our stay at the Best Western Beachfront.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Toni R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank You for your review on your recent stay with us. It was our pleasure to serve you. We appreciate the kind comments and look forward to your next visit with us!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We booked this hotel at the last minute for a wedding. We were looking to get the Hampton Inn down the road, but was full. Needless to say, I was extremely happy we chose this hotel. I know people have complained about the need for updating, but come on, its on the beach, at a great price, with some of best people in the industry. We had a great time, we will stay again. I am more of a Tampa person, but when I do get back this way, this is my spot.
I would stay here if its your first time, it has a great location, with a great price.

PS Thanks to all the staff who made our trip a blast. Look forward to coming back and hanging out.

Room Tip: Beachside, top floor, all I have to say.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Toni R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank You so much for the lovely review on your recent stay with us. It was our pleasure to serve you. We look forward to your next visit!!
DFW, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

1st I booked another hotel inland. decided to spend another $10 a night and stay on beach...SOOOO GLAD I DID! Chloe, my checkin receptionist greeted me with a warm smile. online booking only gave me a king bed room for accessible. told Chloe I really didn't need that, i'll take regular king room..she looked to see what she can do and, noticed I wasn't a best western rewards member and told me if I join she can move me to a beach view room...well nothing to think about there....SURE!. (I checked in super bowl sunday) then she told me that they are having a superbowl party at the their bar with free finger foods and snake and beer specials...again nothing to think about there.. Well I was going to go to APPLEBEE'S but i'm STAYYING HERE NOW! well the finger food was more like "potluck foods" lots of different food (AND IT WAS FREE). hotdogs, meatballs, queso, cheese, etc. too much to mention..needless to say had a GREAT TIME!!! they truly TREATED YOU LIKE FAMILY!! (game kinda sucked but still enjoyed the company). I would go the the lobby and talk to chloe and she would not only listen but have a converstion with me...maybe she was bored but that doesn't matter...lol I MAY GO BACK FOR NEXT YEAR SUPERBOWL GAME-- HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!! and if you get there before I do say hi to CHLOE for me..... ROB

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Toni R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank You for your lovely review of our hotel during your recent stay! We appreciate all the kind remarks about Chloe and it was our pleasure to serve you. Glad you enjoyed our Super Bowl event, we look forward to seeing you there next year!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton B...
#3 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 250 reviews
Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Destin- ...
#8 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 747 reviews
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
#5 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 456 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walt...
#2 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 392 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Walton Beach Northwest
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#6 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 41 reviews
Emerald Coast Inn & Suites
Emerald Coast Inn & Suites
#12 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 235 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront? Share your experiences!