“Great place to stay for the money, love the beach access & view” 5 of 5 stars

Get up to 20% off
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
California, Kentucky, United States
“Great place to stay for the money, love the beach access & view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

The Best Western Fort Walton Beach was a great place to stay for a family. The price for a beachfront room couldn't be beat. The hotel has great access to the beach, where they provide you with two chairs and an umbrella for use. Their beach staff (same guy our entire trip) was very friendly and helpful...he even provided use of his personal suntan lotion if needed when he had to put the umbrellas down due to wind. There is a large clean outdoor pool with plenty of toys for the kids to play with and access to complimentary pool towels. Every morning there was a complimentary breakfast, which included waffles (made me want to buy my own waffle maker, didn't know what to do without my morning waffle), bagels, sausage, eggs and more. The hotel itself was clean, plenty of very helpful staff around if you ever needed anything. Really enjoyed our stay! Whenever we left the hotel, we usually drove to Destin, as there wasn't a whole lot in Fort Walton Beach, and the drive was short n' sweet. If you take a trip to Destin go to the Fudpuckers there, especially if you have children. A lot more to do than the one in Fort Walton Beach. We went to both as Ft Waltons is right across the street from the hotel! If you like fishing even just a lil bit, Olin Marler Deep Sea Fishing, aboard the Gentle Winds was an excellent fun filled, freezer full of red snapper, experience. The Dolphin Cruise ran by the same company was great as well. The staff on both boats were very helpful, courteous, and entertaining. Our best vacation ever! We shall return here again!!!! Happy Vacationing!!!!!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a beach front room with Balcony, awesome view and a place to dry your towe...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your in-depth comments on your recent stay with us. We were delighted to hear of your wonderful experience not only at our hotel but with our general area. We look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We loved our stay here. We will be back. Great value and nice accomodations. Perks: 2 beach chairs and umbrella provided, pool towels provided, pool floats and boogie boards are provided for pool use.... Loved the pool, water was not freezing cold, a warmer temperature. There's a tiki bar at the pool....drinks can be brought to you on the beach, you can rent water sports equip... good breakfast (waffle maker, biscuits, eggs, sausage, english muffins, muffins, yougart, toast, bagels, cereal, fresh fruit) Rooms were very clean.. We slept very well, comfortable beds, very good air conditioning with digital temp control. Front desk was accomodating about pending tropical storm and allowed us to check in a little early (1pm vs 3pm). Good towels. Refrig and microwave in room. Housekeeping kept rooms nice. I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your comments on your recent stay with us. It was all our pleasure to serve you and your family. We look forward to having you join us on your next vacation!
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We have stayed here several times and love the close proximity to restaurants, beaches and stores. Although not on the Gulf strip, this hotel does overlook the Santa Rosa Sound. Our children enjoyed the outdoor pool and plenty of tables are available to eat your breakfast outside. Beautiful views!

Basic room, simple decor, but for the value, it's worth it, as opposed to staying directly on the beach, which is much priceier.

Would have stayed here on last visit, but it was booked for the weekend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your comments on your recent stay with us. It was our absolute pleasure to serve you and your family! We so look forward to your next vist with us.
metairie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was our family's first time to Fort Walton Beach and we were a bit nervous. The hotel was more than we could have ever expected though. The staff was super friendly, the rooms were cleaned very well, and of course the view is beautiful. The daytime bar tenders come out to your umbrella to serve you drinks and the night time bar tender, Fritz, is awesome. So much to do around this area also. Only this I don't recommend doing is eating at Fudpuckers- TERRIBLE!

Room Tip: Our room was on the fourth floor so we didn't hear the bar much but their is one room over the i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comment on your recent stay with us. We are thrilled that you and your family had such a great time. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012 via mobile

My dad is snoring horribly. It is 3:23 a.m. I went to the front desk and asked for an empty room I could just lay down a few hours. Christina told me "not without charging you" (so 'no'). So there is in fact completely empty rooms here that they will make no money on tonight - yet I am a paying customer and she would rather let the room sit empty than help me enjoy my stay. This makes no sense. So I ask for a pool towel to sleep in the lobby on the couch which did nothing to shame her into accommadating me. The TV is on - LOUD. Christina and I were the only 2 people up at 3a.m. I ask her to turn it off and she says "I can turn it down?" ( another 'no'). How unaccommadating can you get? Again- there was no one but myself and her. Refusing to turn the TV off is something I would expect from my little brother not someone whos wage I am paying and who is supposed to ensure I have a good stay. Christina had no reason to refuse turning off the TV except to keep me awake. So I figure since I am now pissed and wide awake trying to sleep on the balcony I would share this puzzling and aggravating experience. I will definitely be contacting corporate. Who behaves this way?? I am a world traveler and am grateful this is the first time I have encountered a lack of basic social skills in someone hired to a hospitality position. Manners and maturity are a must - for this I should have stayed elsewhere. I would probably be asleep in an empty room by now. Dont stay here.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments and concerns with us. Please feel free to contact us directly at (850) 243-9444 and we will be happy to discuss this further with you.
Hayti, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This was a great place to stay..had refrigerator, microwave in room...beds were comfortable...best sleep I have had in awhile...good breakfast...great Gulf front view...friendly staff and at a reasonable price...clean and comfortable accomodations...will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Toni R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank You for your feedback on your recent stay with us. Glad you enjoyed your time here and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Everything about this hotel is special and even more, hospitable. From the sales team to group sales and corporate meeting space, Toni Richardson (sales manager) excelled in offering accommodations and hospitality to the group that I catered in her space this summer.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. It is our pleasure to assist with all events. We are glad to know that everything worked out well for you and your guests. We look forward to working with you again!

Been to BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront? Share your experiences!