“An Inexpensive & Peaceful Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Kokomo, Indiana
“An Inexpensive & Peaceful Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

This hotel was perfectly located on the beach and the front desk, along with the housekeepers, were very friendly and welcoming. The only thing I didn't like about my room was that they didn't have any exhaust system in the bathroom. The bathroom got a lil' steamy but other than that, the room was excellent. The heated pool was closed because I visited in the off season but I plan on returning for the summer time. And I WILL be staying at the Best Western again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Toni R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.. We truly appreciate the feedback on the exhaust system in the bathroom and on your overall stay. We will be thrilled to see you this summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Terrebonne, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

This was our longest stay during our 14 day road trip and we did not regret it. We stayed there for 4 nights in February and it was perfect. We had a top floor Ocean Front Room and the view was beautiful. Unfortunately for us there were doing major outside wall painting and the heated pool was closed, but at least we were told upon our arrival. I guess we could live with it. We can't complain that they are doing great maintenance. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The only thing I can complain about was the waiting to get hot water for the shower. It took a long time to get just about lukewarm water. But again I did not address it and I could also live with it. On the main floor there is a cozy little bar with a friendly barman. All the Staff from reception, breakfast attendant (such a nice person) and room attendants were all polite, friendly and helpful. If you want to go fishing, the Pier is nearby and they will charge you only $18.00 to fix you up with equipment and baits. Also I have to mention that we were lucky to be there for their ''Mardi Gras'' Annual Parade. The Hotel had set up Food and Bar service outside near the main road. This was great fun and added bonus. Thanks to all of you and Best Memories.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your comments on your recent stay with us. Maintenance is one of those things that has to be done and we strive to do it during off season as much as possible. We appreciate your understanding. On the other hand, the Mardi Gras party at the hotel was our 1st annual Mardi Gras event! It was a pleasure to have you share good times with us and create memories for us as well. Hope to see you next Mardi Gras!
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

The hotel isn't luxury but it is clean and on the beach. What makes this hotel special is the customer service. I was traveling with my 83 yr. old mother and my brother. My Mom and I had one room, my brother wanted a room of his own. The reservations were made at the last minute and the staff was great about getting our rooms right next to each other, printed a map of how to get where we needed to be, and were extremely fast at bringing up and extra blanket for my Mom when she was cold. They were always smiling and ready to help.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Toni R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay. We are delighted that you stayed with us and look forward to your next visit at our hotel!
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

My husband brought me here as I'm experiencing chronic grief over my child's illness. The clerk was so nice and we asked for the cheapest room. She upgraded us to a beach front! If she only knew how her tenderness and service lifted my soul. I think her name was Heather? The room was wonderful! She recommended the best fish restaurant down on the corner. The best dinner we had on our whole trip! She called our room after check in to make sure everything was fine. We spent 3 weeks in Florida and the Turks and Caicos. This was our favorite of all and we wished we'd stayed her the whole time. We will be back next year for an extended stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Toni R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are truly happy that your experience at our hotel was memorable. We look forward to seeing you on your next extended trip.
BirminghamAL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

This is our second stay at this hotel and I can't imagine anyplace on the beach that is better, especially for their price. Keith and Christian at the front desk were extremely helpful in making the reservation and we were thanfully able to get the same room.

Like I said before, this is an older hotel but extremely clean. There was plenty of hot water and an extremely good shower. The bed was comfortable. We were fortunate that the outside temperature and lack of bugs allowed us to leave the door open so we could hear the waves. The WIFI in the room was fast enough to do the work we needed and very easy to connect with. It was nice to have the refrigerator and microwave in the room.

They advertise a continental breakfast but it is a step above. It includes hot eggs, biscuits, gravy, and hot waffles, juice, toast, cereal, etc. It would be nice if they had sugar free syrup. "Nana" is extremely nice keeps the area spotless and well stocked.

I love their bridge over the dunes to the beach, and the pool looked wonderful (maybe some day I'll get to try it.

Room Tip: Ask, the front desk staff are very helpful. The beachfront views are probably the best in the area.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts. We look forward to your next stay with us. The bridge over the dunes to the beach will be anticipating your next beach walk!
Marietta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I was in town for one night on a business trip. The folks at the desk were very pleasant and helpful. They gave me a better room, with ocean view, at no upgraded cost - it was the off season - not many folks around during the week. The location was good, with good access to the beach. The morning breakfast was good - not as fancy as some places - but was fine. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback on your one night stay with our hotel. We are looking forward to having you back with us soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two long weekends in a row. It is a great value for the money--gulf front rooms with a balcony. The hotel is a bit dated but they are doing renovations currently. The rooms even had a mini-fridge and microwave. We will be back. It is a quiet area of the beach (in January at least).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your comments on your recent stay with us. We value your opinion and appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback. We are looking forward to seeing you in the near future.

Been to BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront? Share your experiences!