“New Management? Renovated?” 4 of 5 stars

Regency Inn Fort Walton
Save Saved
You added Regency Inn Fort Walton to your Saves list
Regency Inn Fort Walton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   349 Southwest Miracle Strip Parkway, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
L.A.
“New Management? Renovated?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

I felt obligated to give this Motel a good review, since we had an excellent stay there.

Let me assure you: I know what I'm talking about: My stay there was part of a 30-day cross country motorcycle trip. We spent about 20 nights in motels at the trip - and boy have we seen baaaad places! Dark brown water coming out of showers, a dead cockroach in the middle of the bathroom, nasty smells etc. pp....
At this motel, however, everything was as it should be - in a motel! It's not claiming to be a 4 **** hotel, after all.

So when I saw all the previous reviews I was a bit surprised. That's why I'm guessing a new management might have taken over and maybe they renovated the place?
I had a great, restful night in an exceptionally clean room.
The (Indian) lady at the counter was friendly and helpful.
And yes, the rate was really good. Motel 8 next door advertises "The lowest rate in town".
Well, NOT. Regency Inn was noticeably cheaper and our room even had tempurpedic beds.
They don't have laundry facilities on site, but you can walk the few steps to the Motel 8 and use theirs. Just make sure you don't decide on that too late - there's a "laundry curfew"

HBO signal was crystal clear, not the usual dizzy picture that looks like "War of the Termites" is playing simultaneously to whatever it is you wan to watch.

And for dinner: There's a great Chinese Buffet in walking distance, too.
Hopefully the quality of my stay wasn't an exception (and thereby misguides fellow travelers) but is the rule now!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
fort walton beach, fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

There was a drunk in the room next to me that kept his door open, I was afraid to take my dog out and the filth of the room was overwhelming and they charged me for 2 nights when I only stayed 1. Never again, I found the La Quinta down the street, it's awesome.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
ajarrell
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

We showed up on monday afternoon and took one look inside and the toliet didn't work properly,the room stunk,was unclean beds and the walls had crap all over them. The shower was filthy and I complained and they said that was the best they could do. No refunds. We left,paid for 5 nights and went to Destin and got a nice place. There is no beach front, the pool is very small and only 4 ft deep at one end. The people working there were a very uncaring group and I wouldn't ever go there again and wold never recommend this to any family staying there. Dont let them lie to you, there is no beach front property there, its on the north side of 98/miracle highway. This is even worst than a motel 6 in columbus ohio where the professional ladies work their trade.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
pensacola,fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

we stayed at this motel because we didn't have reservations anywhere and it was on father's day weekend. the price was good. 70 dollars for a room with a king size bed was a great price, well at least that's what we thought. they said they just remodeled that was a lie. it was awful. but it was going to have to do since we came from out of town. it is noisy there in the morning, i'm talking real early in the morning. it's almost like a trailer park. i phoned the front desk around 7:15 and there was no answer. so i walked up to the front desk and rang the bell, the owner came to the desk, i told him about the toilet problem, he didn't seem the least bit concerned and i was very upset because we paid our money and that should not have happened. needless to say he came to the room with a plunger and towels. my fiance asked him if we can get a refund or a discount for the inconvience, the owner said i give you 10 dollars back, thats all i can do. we was without a useable bathroom and all he can do is give us 10 dollars back. i wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone not even a dog.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

Me and my 18 year old daughter stayed here just one night on our way home to Missouri from Orlando. I read the reviews on Yahoo Travel and everyone raved about how basic it was, but very clean. All I require from a hotel is CLEAN, I don't have to have FANCY. Anyway, once I made reservations for the night (from my cell phone in the car) the girl told me that now I couldn't cancel the reservation. So, when we got there, the room did have brand new carpet and a new vanity and it did have cable. HOWEVER, there was black mold all over the walls in the bathroom. I don't just mean a few spots around the tub, I mean big hand-size splotches all over the walls........behind and beside the toilet and around and in the bottom of the tub. GROSS! And the place smelled awful. We did go ahead a stay since we arrived late, but we slept between our own covers we had brought with us and we left at 6:00 am and didn't use the bathroom or shower. When I told the man at the front desk about the mold, he just nodded and pretended he didn't speak English. Needless to say, Never Again! Oh.......it did also have a hair dryer, but the outlet it was plugged into didn't work.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Galway, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

This place is falling apart, rooms very old.
We had to change rooms as air conditioner
wasn't working, when we got to the next
room the door lock was very stiff and difficult to open.
Some of the lights were not working.
Staff very rude and unhelpful.
Very poor breakfast, there was only one box
of cereal which was a year out of date.

Stayed October 2008
Pensacola
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

We used Orbitz to book our stay at the Regency Inn. When we checked in the lady was very rude. She stated something about orbitz's credit card was denied. What ever that means, and that basically if we didnt get it figured out that they would charge our card again for our visit which we already prepaid through orbitz 2 months earlier. She would not look at us when speaking and did not make us feel welcome at her hotel at all. Seemed to be a hotel for alot of young kids too. At 3 am they all came back from the bars yelling and screaming. I saved over half of what i would have paid by staying on the beach. However next time I think ill pay the extra money to get better treatment.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Regency Inn Fort Walton? Share your experiences!