“If you like rude then this is your place.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Inn Fort Walton

Regency Inn Fort Walton
You added Regency Inn Fort Walton to your Saves list
Regency Inn Fort Walton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   349 Southwest Miracle Strip Parkway, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Chatsworth, Georgia
“If you like rude then this is your place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I went down for our sons wedding and arrived at 10p.m. the night of check-in that should have been our first clue . The man at the front desk was obviously very irrirtated by our presence and didn't mind letting us know. We had booked online and pre paid and were exhausted from the 7 hr. drive or we would have demanded a refund and went elsewhere and he continued the next day by telling my husband that our exhaust damages his trees,so sorry we drove a diesel. The room stank ,the furniture was broke and the carpet was old and dirty. We did stay the 3 days that we booked but stayed away as much as possible. We decided to stay an extra day and we booked at the motel 6 in destin . The furniture was nice the room was clean and the staff was great for half the price.

Room Tip: book elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Pascagoula, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Spur of the moment trip to Big Kahunas-Destin July 22-24, 2011. With no vacancies at all other hotels, my last resort was this Crappy Hotel Regency Inn-Fort Walton Beach. Every part of management was beyond rude completely arrogant. The rooms reeked of a musty smell that Febreeze could not rid. When I returned to the room Saturday evening the maid had not serviced my room. When I inquired to the owner/front desk, he advised me that he did not care and that he was not cleaning my “Damn” room (In his own words”) that he could only give me clean towels. He refused to give me clean sheet so that I could clean my own room.We had a verbal altercation and the cops were called. He refused to give me a refund and I refused to leave without it. If you are reviewing this take heed. Do yourself a favor, add $40 plus to the $120 you will pay for this room and get yourself a clean, fresh and comfortable room down the street. I do not recommend this hotel to the dogs.

Troy, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We booked this room last minute after reading on another site that it was beachfront. It is not it is a 2.5 mile drive to the nearest beach. We arrived after 8 to check in and had to talk with a woman in her PJs through a tiny window. She did not even bother hanging up her cell phone. The room was tiny and very dirty. The bathroom door came within a centimeter of the toilet and my husband could not sit on the toilet straight because the tub was so close. Sirens started going off around 730am and all the woman at the front desk (still in her PJs and through the same little window) would say was check the TV. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights they kept our room clean didn't have a problem with the staff or showers and the floors was clean too me! I have learned u can't believe everything you read. If you looking for a hotel like the hamptons then you should book the hamptons. Me and my family enjoyed this hotel!

• Stayed July 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

We booked this place on priceline and thought it would be decent. We got ripped off. We paid 150/night & later found out someone paid 80. The police were there 2 out of the 3 days we were there. Don't let the pictures on the internet fool you this place is a rathole! The room stunk so bad we had to go buy airfresheners @ the grocery store. There was a nasty used wash cloth in the bathroom. We had to suck it up & stay bc we paid in full on priceline. Don't stay here, its worth spending a little extra to stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed July 2011
Perry, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I had 2 rooms reseverd still couldn't park next to my room. The carpet was Dirty , The Staff was rude. I would never stay there again. It is not American Owned .

Room Tip: Make sure it is American Owned
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend fishing trip my husband coordinated. Talk about Nasty carpet, don't expect to take your shoes off and walk barefeet in your room! YUK!! My daughter left her electronic game in the drawer between the beds and when I called and spoke to the manager/owner she wasn't helpful, never took my name and number. After calling back a few times to inquire if the game was found, she claimed it was never found, even though the room was still vacant. Another one of the group members left his percocet on the table and the cleaning staff took it when they came in to clean his room. Staff are "THIEVES"!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family