“A Beautiful Night” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aunt Martha's Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Walton Beach
Aunt Martha's Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Aunt Martha's Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
315 Shell Avenue, SE, Fort Walton Beach, FL   |
Miami, Florida
“A Beautiful Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent a single night at Aunt Martha's on a trip to Seaside, FL. It was very relaxing and comfortable. After spending a very long day driving, we arrived late at night with a note explaining all we needed to know as well as the owner's # in case we had other questions. We settled into the very clean, cozy Sunflower room and slept like babies. We woke up to the smell of a delicious, savory home-cooked breakfast. After a cup of coffee, some cheesegrits, and (poundcake!) french toast, we spent a little porch time rocking away in the midday sun breaking through the canopy of trees on the property. And just before we got too comfortable to leave, we bid Aunt Martha's adieu and were off to the next leg of our journey. A wonderful experience. Recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I’ve been visiting Fort Walton my whole life and never realized there was such a beautiful spot, right behind one of my favorite restaurant, Staffs. My parents stayed here a couple of times and raved about it, so I was happy when I had the opportunity to visit Aunt Martha’s Bed and Breakfast for myself.

I arrived late in the evening after a long drive and was welcomed by a beautifully decorated entryway, complete with a baby grand piano. My room was the Periwinkle Room, which was located on the second floor, overlooking the bay. It was extremely clean and I enjoyed a very good night’s sleep. The next morning, I headed downstairs and was shocked to see the amazing breakfast that was laid out on the table. The food was incredible and I almost had to roll myself away from the table because I was so full.

After breakfast, I had the opportunity to walk around the grounds and enjoy the scenery. There were kayaks and other water toys that the guests could borrow, and also a cool slide on the dock that went into the bay. I sat on the back porch swing, had some coffee, and petted Aunt Martha’s cat. I enjoyed my stay at Aunt Martha’s and will definitely be back. I can’t recommend it enough!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at this B&B for just 2 nights but I would recommend it to anyone heading to the panhandle. The rooms are large and comfortable, the breakfast is gorgeous and it is really nice that at breakfast you sit at a big table with the other guests so that you can chat a bit and get to know each other. We travelled two weeks in Florida and since we come from Europe it was great to talk with americans to get some tipps and have some small talk. The house is really nice and it is really a quiet place. A really good thing is that you can get yourself water and soft drinks for free. There is a large fridge in the laundry room and you can serve yourself. Absolutely great! A wonderful B&B at a reasonable price!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gulf Shores, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We arrived at a beautiful yellow home sitting along the shore line of Santa Rosa Sound, surrounded by large oak trees. My husband and I walked through a beautiful manicured flower garden with a flowing water fountain and gold fish. A large oak door with brass handles opened into a beautiful foyer where we were greeted with a warm note explaining our room location. Five rooms were color coordinated and decorated with southern elegance. Big brass beds were adorned with hand made quilts and embroidered pillows cases. A baby grand was located in the middle of the house; My husband made his self right at home and played for a while. The other guest was amazed with his beautiful perforce and commented on how great he sounded. Milk glass bowls were filled with yummy chocolates. A chess game was awaiting anyone willing to play, great books filled the built in library, and antique furniture adorned each room. The outdoors was just as magnificent. Wicker furniture, a swing and picnic tables filled the back yard. Fishing poles with tackle and kayaks are available for your pleasure. We enjoyed a sunset kayak trip across the ICW. Large palm trees holding small lights set the tone for a romantic evening as we sipped Morgan Creek wine and planed our next get a way. Coffee was ready at 7:00 am in the kitchen where the guest made small chat. This is the first time we saw the owners. They were hospitable and respect your privacy. Martha had the large dinning room table set with fine china and cut crystal glasses, matching decanters were filled with juice. Fresh fruit salad topped with vanilla yogurt was served in martini glasses. Sterling silver platters were filled with bacon, French toast, fried potatoes, and a veggie frittata all served family style. We enjoyed great conversation with the other guest. Check out was not until 11:00 am, this is when they ask you to pay for your services. Absolutely a beautiful gem.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Glen Rose, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This is such a charming place. The grounds are heavily treed, with a wonderful view of the water. Sitting on her back porch in a rocking chair is as peaceful as it gets. Our room was well furnished and very comfortable. I would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed April 2013
Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We arrived earier than expected and were made to feel very welcome. Our room was very nice with a beautiful view of the intercostal. It was very chilly outside and so we enjoyed the sunroom while doing some reading. We also enjoyed visiting with Bill, who owns the B & B with his wife Martha, and hearing about the history of the Fort Walton area. Our room was quiet and after a good night's sleep, we were treated to a wonderful breakfast. It was more than we could eat, although we gave it a good try. Loved the poached pears, peach cobbler and french toast. I am not a grits fan but my husband enjoy the spiced grits. Aunt Martha's was a great place just to relax after a busy Thanksgiving in New Orleans. We will be back and bring friends with us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The common areas were very pretty, and the back porch with swing was a nice touch. However, remember most B&Bs don't have individual AC settings in the rooms, so you have to like whatever temp they set. Yes the breaksfast was delicious! But they are timed rather late for travelors...we are on the go to see the area, so the 10 AM Sunday breakfast was just to late to wait around for. The wrapped chocolates are a nice touch, but a glass of wine in the late afternoon would be a nice touch, as many B&Bs do this. So we brought our own and enjoyed it in the living room (with the host's OK). Other than the dirty towel that was left in our bathroom, the room was clean. They also seem to have family events on the grounds, so the kids running around were a bit of a distraction. Overall, it was a nice place, but please, get some new mattresses!! We stayed at the La Quinta down the road one night (as we couldn't get all the nights we wanted at Martha's) and I'd say the value and comfort level was better there!

Room Tip: Don't stay on the top floor in the summer, as the heat rises, and they seemed hotter.