“Very mediocre” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Arlington, VA
“Very mediocre”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Overpriced and blah meal.

We did not have to wait upon arrival, but large parties did.

Appetizer was a crap dip combo. It was cold -- chilled on purpose, not warm. We missed this on the menu and were very disappointed. It was like tuna salad and tuna glop on a plate w/ tortilla chips on (too salty) on the side.

The family style salad was fine. Mixed greens w/ vinegarette.
We ordered grilled fish. The med-rare tuna was overcooked. The grouper was fine, but lacked any imagination.

We did not drink.

It was just beach food; not imaginative or creative. Mass produced and blah!

Visited June 2013

IL
“good food not cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

scallops once and shrimp the next. not cheap but delicious. everyone I was with loved theirs as well. I believe theirs were called little steamer or some such with a variety of different seafood. nice salad comes first.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Texarkana, Arkansas
“Great if not for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I went here as the last night of our honeymoon on a recommendation from the person we booked our beach house from. There was next to no parking and had to park at the gas station next to it. Otherwise, there was very little wait even though it seemed crowded. We sat on the second floor. The waiter was great, wearing khaki shorts and a t-shirt though seemed out of place for the price to eat here. Otherwise, the food was amazing. The shrimp was impeccably seasoned, king and snow crab, boiled potatoes, corn on the cob, and we got an appetizer of some kind of bread that was amazing. All in all our bill was $99 with tax and tip. we had plenty to take home for another meal.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“"Enjoyed the food..."”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Do not go expecting quick service. We waited about 25 mins before getting a table. The place was packed! We ordered the King, Snow Crab Leg w/shrimp(we opted to pay extra for headless gulf shrimp) for two. It was very good, prices were expected as anywhere else and we had a lot of food left over. Will definitely go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Murfreesboro
“One and Only Trip to Old Bay Steamer”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We visited this restaurant at the advice of a family member. We had a party of 12 including 4 children. The menu was very interesting but we were slightly taken aback by the prices. All of our party ordered different foods. The childrens menu was very limited and I have to say I was very turned off by the quality of the food compared to the price. We paid $5-6 each for frozen pizza, boxed macaroni and cheese and from hot dog. I asked for sour cream for my potatos and was told they did not have any. My shrimp were good but had the heads on them and they would charge $2 for some with no heads. The catch was grouper and the serving size was not worth the price. The triple play was $34 and not worth the price.
Overall, this was a very interesting experience. I love seafood but not enough to pay these prices for less than I can get at area restaurants. I have to say I was disappointed in both the food and the service. Will I return? Not likely. I come to this area yearly and love to experience local foods and know there are much better offerings in this area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere