We book this hotel late, and was more or less dependent on the photographs shown. When we arrived, and checked in, we immediately knew we would not be happy with the rooms. We checked in and was assigned to a room on the 6th floor. we went up to the room and as suspected, we were turned off by what we saw. No carpet down the hall, the smell of alcohol as you entered the elevator. Very small rooms, antiquated furniture. The rooms appeared to be clean, but were below the standards we were used to. We then left the hotel to get something to eat. We ended up at another hotel because we were not happy with the accommodations provided. We attempted to cancel the reservations through Hotel.com, but the clerk said we were in the room when in fact we we not. We had to pay one nights penalty, and never used the room. We never returned to the Hotel, and we never intend to book a hotel like this again.
- Also Known As:
- Emerald Coast Inn And Suites
- Emerald Coast Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Emerald Coast Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated! Emerald Coast Inn & Suites is located in beautiful Northwest Florida, on Okaloosa Island between Destin and Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Whether traveling for beach vacationing pleasure, business or military, Emerald Coast Inn & Suites is newly-remodeled in 2008 and offers comfortable and spacious rooms (6 floors, 59 rooms). Our rooms feature 1 king or 2 queen beds, direct dial phones, refrigerator & microwave, TV with remote control & HBO (we offer smoking or non-smoking rooms). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Loews Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Emerald Coast Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.