We booked this inn on last notice for memorial day weekend. The price was right so we booked it. ALthough it was a two night minimum which we did not want but everywhere was full. So they sent us to the fifth floor and as soon as we walked in you could smell mildew. I started looking around and on the ceiling in the room and in the bathroom was black mold. You could feel the dampness in the air. When I paid closer attention I could see black mold inside the air vent.I was not going to stay there! The receptionists was really friendly and checked us in another room down the hall. So we went to this room and I think this room was an out of order room because the soap dishes were off the wall in the shower and the drywall ceiling in the bathroom was falling apart. But there was freshly painted walls and ceiling in the room so I didnt see any mold but smelt mildew a little. Well we had such a good time out of the room at the beach and all --we wanted to stay another night in Ft.Walton. so we booked another night , but they sent us to a different room because that room was booked ( hard to believe) this time we were going to the sixth floor. That room there was fine. Memo--NEVER book at the last minute. I wanted to post this because I know some people are extremely allergic to black mold. And this may help them. Im not sure what is going on at this hotel but They do have a mold/mildew problem they need to address instead of booking people in the rooms. I think the mold is in their air duct system for sure! It would help this hotel to invest in some dehumidifiers and air filters for each room. and stop trying to cover up the problem with paint.