“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Emerald Coast Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Emerald Coast Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Emerald Coast Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1214 Miracle Strip Pkwy SE, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #7 of 30 hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Newnan, Georgia, United States
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for the past 4 years for a bowling tournament. They have recently renovated the rooms and the lobby. The staff is very friendly and if you need anything, all you have to do is ask. A lot of reviews are negative, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel. I will not stay anywhere else. Great room for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I was skeptical about the hotel when I booked it because I found the hotel through google earth search. It is not listed on many popular travel sites. But the moment I walked in I was wow by the renovations inside. Everything was updated and the decor was beautiful! It made me feel right at home. They pictures in the website was an old pic before the made all the changes! The rooms were clean and smelled fresh. We almost booked across the street with the ramada for more than twice the cost because I thought my kids would love the pool and sprinklers there. But we were able to drive across the street and was able to tour the ramada just in case we missed something by staying with Emerald Coast inn&suites. We find that besides the surrounding areas and beachfront. The rooms were not comparable to Emerald Coast. My kids were able to play in sprinklers but end up liking the beach better anyways. Breakfast was also a plus. The staff was friendly and helpful! I would definately stay here again! Thanks Emerald Coast Inn & Suites!

• Stayed August 2012
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I just recently drove from Houston, Texas to the beautiful Fort Walton. It was raining when we arrived, no big deal. Immediately from the start, the receptionist at the front desk was so nice. After making the reservation in May for this trip in August, I emailed the hotel to specifically ask for a higher floor (I hate being on the bottom floor) with a nice view. After checking in, we had a corner room on the top floor with a great view of the boardwalk! It was fantastic.
I was nervous to book my first trip by myself without a Hilton or Holiday Inn -- because they were so expensive. But seriously, this hotel was legit. I kept reading reviews from this site & other hotel review sites but I was just not totally on board. Yes, they did remodeling etc. etc... The lobby is really nice, huge TV with a nice little lounge area. The fish tank was beautiful, lots of colorful fish! The breakfast was pretty yummy. The little waffle machine was awesome & waffle batter was so good! They had cereal, bagels, sausage, biscuits and gravy... Can't remember if they had fruit but who cares when you have all that other yummy stuff?!
The rooms were pretty big. Ours was king size bed, non-smoking. The room did smell like smoke, but I totally understand the smoke smell is musty & hard to get rid of. Our bathroom was great, really clean and stocked up with plenty of towels and toiletries. We didn't wanna ask the house keeping to come in everyday - just caught up with her in the hall way and asked for cups and ice bucket liners, etc.
The location of the hotel is awesome. It's located on the Okaloosa Island, about 4 miles from Destin, walking distance from a few surf/souvenir shops, gas station & the wonderful Waffle House. We drove into Fort Walton a few times to look through the shops & eat and drove into Destin to eat, shop & ride a dolphin cruise. I didn't have to fill my tank up again and we were there for like 6 days. Also, the boardwalk was so fun. A few restaurants stay open until 4 (they turn into bars after 10 or 11) so we were able to walk along the beach at night. Also close to the fishing pier! It was $2 to walk on it per person, and they have drinks and stuff if you wanna walk around and chill out there. We did that at night, and it was kinda scary but so fun! I loved it. It's literally not even 3 minutes away from the hotel -- in a car.

Sorry for rambling on about the trip, BUT I would seriously recommend this hotel to anyone who is trying to save some money for awesome things to do, great dining experiences, & other expenses. I was able to comfortably extend my reservation a night because the rates are just hard to turn down! Everything was perfect, and I'm so glad I found this hotel. I hope this review is helpful in regards to your trip, but it's great.

Oh, and if you're going on a business meeting that is doing anything at the convention/conference center -- it's literally next door. Save gas money! Anyways - great hospitality & great rates! I will be returning as soon as this semester is done. Don't care if it's cold.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side, not near the elevator are quieter. The elevator dings every time it opens.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mobile,Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

this hotel is a great place to stay for the money!!! the staff are more than accomadating and the owner is very hands on we are from Mobile and always stay here when we visit this area enjoyed the new modern decor in the lobby and my granddaughter loves watching Nemo in the salt water tank love the new touch of the down comforters we shopped ate and really enjoyed our stay you also need to make sure to visit the Harbor Walk it was a real treat Harry Ts cheese sticks the best ive ever had ill be back to visit in Oct and ill stay here again !!!!

Room Tip: love room 607 good view in the mornings and at night !!!
Southern US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed here for 2 days in August, 2012.

The hotel room was OK. The bathroom is on the small side. The bathroom had some rust on the fixtures and the ventilation from the fan was poor (probably resulting in the rust on the fixtures). The power outlets were also inconvenient for use to power cellphones and laptops.

Also, I would not walk to the beach from the hotel.

All of that being said... for the price this hotel was ok and the staff was nice.

If travelling on a tight budget it may suit your needs.

Sugar Land, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel from august 13, 2012 - august 16, 2012. The room was clean, including towels, sheets, microwave, fridge, tables, etc. The front desk person was friendly and helpful. Dining area was kept clean and tidy. Even where they kept the pastries were kept cleaned and maintained. Even though the daily rate was not as expensive as the other hotels we were satisfied staying in this hotel. The only reason why we rate this hotel 3 instead of 5 is that, the lady restocking the pastries on august 15, 2012 was not using gloves. In the morning the front desk person takes care of the front desk, cleaned the dining tables, swift the floors. In other words they do everything (poor thing). I hope that she washed her hands before she restocked the pastries. I didn't eat any of the muffins, bagel, the following day because of what we've observed the previous day. And yes, it's hard to cross the street from the hotel to go back to Destin. Street is very busy.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Definitely worth $79 a night & we chose it, because we were on a budget & it was one of the few hotels with decent reviews. Close to several public beach access points. However, we preferred Destin beaches which was a 10 min. Drive ( depending in traffic). Breakfast is decent with waffles, sausage, biscuits & gravy, cereals, and pastries every morning. Housekeeping is HORRIBLE, so if you are a huge hotel snob & clean freak do not stay here. My son had a small nose bleed the night we arrived & got some blood on the sheets so we put the "change our sheets" sign on the bed as directed in the event we wanted our sheets changed out. After a long day out in the sun we get back to our room to bloody sheets with the "change our sheets" sign neatly placed on our bed with blood stains behind & next to HA! What a joke! They don't change sheets & didnt until I complained to the front desk. I told her i even left the "change my sheets sign" on the bed & it was still there when i got back. Sand was not swept up from our bathroom daily. For a double bed room you only get 3 towels... What are we supposed to do? Share?? Every night I was downstairs asking for extra towels & wash cloths. Front Desk Clerks were very friendly & helpful. Basic cable only, no premium channels, i.e. HBO, so evenings were kind of boring. The lobby was very clean at all times, beds are small, guest laundry takes $3 to wash n dry, small pool (not very clean). Overall, it was a great budget stay. Every time I thought something bad about my stay whether it was the elevator, housekeeping, etc... I would just ask myself, "what do you expect for $79 a night. If I were to visit again on a last minute, budget trip I would stay here again. Otherwise... No!

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Emerald Coast Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!