“Emerald Coast Inn & Suites” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Emerald Coast Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Emerald Coast Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Emerald Coast Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1214 Miracle Strip Pkwy SE, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #7 of 30 hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Hutto, Texas
“Emerald Coast Inn & Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We came into town on Sunday, 6/24, along with Tropical Storm Debby. Arrived around noon and our room (not surprisingly, as it was early) wasn't ready. The lady at the front desk verified our phone number and said she'd get housekeeping right on our room-she offered to call us within the hour to let us know it was ready. At almost exactly 1 hour, my cell phone rang, telling us we were welcome to come check in. The lobby was very clean, even with the amount of rain coming down. We had no problem checking in and went up to our room, on the top floor (6th). Opening the door to our room, we were pleasantly surprised at the size. It was very clean in the room, as was the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and it was nice and quiet on our floor. We could see the pier and the ocean from our window. Breakfast was plentiful and the staff was all smiling and appeared happy to help. We were able to get directions easily from the front desk staff on the best places to park for the beach, etc. Luckily, TS Debby made a quick exit and we were able to enjoy that beach Monday and Tuesday. Both days, when we returned to the room around 1:30-2pm, it had already been cleaned and fresh towels were in the bathroom.

If you are looking for a fancy place to stay, this isn't it. But if you are looking for a clean room at a great price, HERE IT IS! We will definitely return here the next time we are in the area.

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Panama City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

There's not much view from your room but beach and pier is a short walk away; be careful crossing the busy highway; local seafood was tasty; beds were comfortable; pool was small but nice until bugs came out at night; no serious complaints; I would stay here again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

The room was nothing fancy, but clean and quiet. Continental breakfast had sausage biscuits which was nice. Less than a mile from the beach. Only negatives were the closeness to several "gentlemens clubs" and some sketchy people staying there this weekend. Staff was great, we had a great conversation with one of the cleaning ladies. Very nice. Best price compared to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2012
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We arrived in Fort Walton Beach on 6/24/2012 during Tropical Storm Debby. We were very tired from our 13 hour drive and hoping the hotel was at least clean. After reading the bad reviews, I was nervous that we had picked the wrong hotel. Upon arrival, the lobby is very updated, clean and pleasing to the eyes. I just hoped our room would reflect that. When we first walked in our room, it smelled and looked very clean. It was really humid in the room, but after running the air conditioner for about an hour, it was quite comfortable. Overall, we are very pleased with it and had a great night sleep. Woke up to the room freezing from us keeping the air so low but because the comforter is down infused, we were very warm and comfy in the beds. I have a very bad back unfortunately and this bed did not give me any back pain unlike my bed at home. We have not had the breakfast yet, but even if it isn't good I would most likely stay here again based on the price we paid. If you are looking for extra luxury, do not stay here, but if you are happy with a comfortable, clean, low priced place to sleep, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 306, which is just a view of the next door building, you might ask for a higher fl...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I must admit I was skeptical when I booked. From the moment I called, the staff was super friendly. When we arrived for check in, the owner was in the lobby and was very friendly and professional. The hotel room we had was a king size. It had brand new carpet, smelled very clean and looked very clean, the bedding was pure white and clean. We had a frig and micro which I was not expecting. It even had a in room safe. The paint was fresh and the view was nice. I have no complaints about the hotel. I do not know what the other traveler's have had problems with, but we had none. The lobby was fresh, clean, and new. The salt water tank was is really a nice feature. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for fifth or sixth floor on the east side so you will be able to see the water!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I was very happy with my stay here. The room was very clean and fresh smelling. The girl at the reception desk was very friendly and helpful. She gave me some very good suggestions for entertainment in the area that night. The beach and Boardwalk was withing about 8-10 minutes walking distance of the hotel.
I would recommend the Emerald Coast Inn & Suites to anyone staying in the area. The price I paid was extremely reasonable compared to other hotels that were this close to the beach.

Room Tip: I did not wake up in time to rate the breakfast although I was surprised to hear they served it unti...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Ely, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. It can get noisy first thing in the morning, but that is down to other guests, especially those that don't tell their small children that running up and down hotel corridors in flip flops at 7am is not acceptable behaviour!

The young lady on reception was very helpful when the hairdryer in the bathroom was faulty, she took the time to bring me another, despite being on the 6th floor and our cleaning lady was always attentive.

The area is good, plenty of restaurants close...check out Howl at The Moon on the pier, a very fun night! You have to cross a busy road to reach most things so need to take care. I think it is a little expensive at this hotel for what it is but it was a fun stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Emerald Coast Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!