“Very enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Emerald Coast Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Emerald Coast Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Emerald Coast Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1214 Miracle Strip Pkwy SE, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #7 of 30 hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Very enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I was very happy with my stay here. The room was very clean and fresh smelling. The girl at the reception desk was very friendly and helpful. She gave me some very good suggestions for entertainment in the area that night. The beach and Boardwalk was withing about 8-10 minutes walking distance of the hotel.
I would recommend the Emerald Coast Inn & Suites to anyone staying in the area. The price I paid was extremely reasonable compared to other hotels that were this close to the beach.

Room Tip: I did not wake up in time to rate the breakfast although I was surprised to hear they served it unti...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Ely, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. It can get noisy first thing in the morning, but that is down to other guests, especially those that don't tell their small children that running up and down hotel corridors in flip flops at 7am is not acceptable behaviour!

The young lady on reception was very helpful when the hairdryer in the bathroom was faulty, she took the time to bring me another, despite being on the 6th floor and our cleaning lady was always attentive.

The area is good, plenty of restaurants close...check out Howl at The Moon on the pier, a very fun night! You have to cross a busy road to reach most things so need to take care. I think it is a little expensive at this hotel for what it is but it was a fun stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Weatherford, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

If you are an "out of towner" looking for a place to sleep at a decent price then this is the place to be. It's right across the street from the beach and has decent views. Sure it looks a little rough, but if all you're doing is sleeping there and need a place to hold your stuff while you're out enjoying Florida then it's not a bad deal at all. I took my wife and 2 kids and we had an exceptional time there. Breakfast is served every morning and they have a nice seating area with a huge salt water fish tank.

Room Tip: Lower rooms will give you a better chance of getting a wireless signal from the lobby, but obviously...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Wilmer, AL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I am so disappointed! We gave a 2 night stay to my daughter for their family as her College Graduation gift. The location was perfect as the graduation was held at the Emerald Coast Conference Center. I booked a room with 2 double beds. Well, their feedback makes me VERY upset for the price I paid! The lobby was beautiful, but that's where it stops. The room was small with 2 double size beds, the refrigerator did not work, half the plugs in the room did not work, the tub had no stopper, and the room did not look clean. They got there late so they stayed the night but they immediately went down and cancelled the room for the second night to go somewhere else. I guaranteed the room with a credit card and told them they would be paying cash upon checkout. I was told this was fine. On the date of arrival, when calling to confirm the reservation, we were told they were going to charge the card. The front desk clerk did see the notes made when I made reservations and agreed not to charge the card unless they were not there before about 8 PM. Really? Maybe this is why we always use major brand, nice hotels when traveling. This is the last time for this place. Price is tooooo high to be soooo disappointed!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ecis1214, Front Office Manager at Emerald Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
First of all I’d like to apologize that your daughter’s stay was not satisfactory. I remember checking her in. We have several preventative maintenance programs in place, but I’m regretful that we had overlooked some issues in her room. Our staff has been made aware of these problems, and reprimanded accordingly. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Perhaps if you give us another chance we can accommodate you in the future.
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

My husband and three other couples booked two double rooms at this hotel nearly four months in advance of our stay. When we arrived in Destin, we called to see if we could check in early, but they were full. We told Patrick, the person on the phone, that we would be unable to check in until the evening as we had a boating trip planned for the day.

We arrived at 7:45 p.m. The incredibly rude front desk clerk refused to speak to anyone but my husband. She then informed us that she had given away one of our rooms due to our failure to check-in at three o'clock. She claimed that she had called my husband's phone, but despite his having normal service for the entire day, he had never received a call from her. She insisted that we take the one room left, despite the fact that we had EIGHT people for two queen beds. When we refused, she charged us for the room.

We spent the next two hours looking for a hotel anywhere between Destin and Gulf Breeze. We had to cancel our dinner plans, and by the time we checked into rooms that were $200/night more, it was too late to salvage the evening.

The owner, Bobby Patel, was contacted and refused to be of any assistance whatsoever.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ecis1214, General Manager at Emerald Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
I would first like to appologize for any inconvenience we may have caused yourself and your group... At our hotel along with most all other hotels a guaranteed reservation is only valid when the credit card that is given authorizes on the day of arrival. In this instance this did not happen therefore we were put in a predicament where we had to choose whether to release the reservation or contact the phone number given at the time of the reservation. So we attempted to call the number on file twice and left two messages stating we are holding the room on a courtesy hold for 30mins and need a call back from yourselves with a form of payment. Unfortunately the hotel was at full occupancy with the exception of this room. We waited 1 hour and 30 mins before releasing this room to another guest.
Again i would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel.

Bobby
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was very disapointed in our room for the price! Way too high! It was clean. But we went to the beach and walked down to the Ramada and their peak season is less for a room than this place and Ramada has an awesome pool and on the beach. No treaking your cooler and stuff across the street, a good little walk if you stay at Emerald Coast. The ice machine didn't work, Rude employees. In front of a strip joint,... if you like that kind of thing. We've been to Destin several times and there are much better hotels for the same price. I would never recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I believe the saying is true, "You get what you pay for" however I was pleasantly surprised by this establishment. We usually book condos directly on the beach, but decided to try something less pricey. I researched and since this place had just remodeled, decided to give it a try. The exterior is very dated, and upon pulling in I had my hesitations. However the inside was nicely remodeled. (Again, this is NOT the HILTON) The carpet appeared to be new, paint new, and the room was well cleaned. I would have appreciated the bathroom being a little cleaner however, I could tell a quick run through was made, not a detailed cleaning. I would have also appreciated better lighting going to the room and the parking lot at night.The staff were very courtious, and addressed a pricing dilemna immediately. The pool was small, and sat directly on the busy street. It was okay for a quick swim after a long day at the beach. Lastly, on the day we were checking out the housekeeper went into our room before we had finished getting all our belongings out. I'm sure she saw us making multiple trips to the room (she was cleaning other rooms on that floor) however when I walked back up she told me she realized when she opened the door that we must not be through, (we still had some bags in there) however she began cleaning the room anyway! At that point we still had about 25 minutes until checkout time. Overall, for a quick, cheap getaway, this was a good stay. I didn't feel like we had to walk around in our shoes the whole time, but I've certainly stayed in nicer as well. You get what you pay for... Something else to think about, this hotel has an earlier check in, and later check out than most!

Room Tip: This hotel is across the street from the ocean. You cannot cross this street by foot, nor is there g...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Emerald Coast Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!