“A gem in hidding” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Emerald Coast Inn & Suites

You added Emerald Coast Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Emerald Coast Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1214 Miracle Strip Pkwy SE, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Pensacola, Florida
“A gem in hidding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I was a little unsure of how this was going to be due to the price, you have always heard most thing that are too good to be true usually are... well I was SO WRONG! the staff is great, the rooms are perfect size! and the bed OMG!! i was there for the weekend to get away and i will be going back in June!! thank you!

Room Tip: I would love to be able to take my Doxies. I would be able to travel more often down there
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
ecis1214, Front Office Manager at Emerald Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review. We’re glad our rooms met your expectations. We are looking forward to seeing you again in June.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was exactly what I expected. Great location across from the boardwalk. Rooms were nice, didn't feel dirty when I walked in. Had my room cleaned and wanted them to change sheets since I got sand all in them but they didn't even though i did leave the card on the bed saying i wanted them changed. I wasn't around when they cleaned but I'm sure you could ask them to do it and they would. Breakfast was good. Pool wasn't huge but was big enough when there is an ocean across the street. All in all I would recommend it to anyone who wants to have a decent room for a great price and not feel like you will get bed bugs.

• Stayed March 2012
ecis1214, Front Office Manager at Emerald Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Thank you for recommending our property to future guests. I’m glad we lived up to your expectations. Regarding the sand, simply inform the front desk about anything you need and we will make it right.
Brandon, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My family and I really enjoyed staying here for 3 nights. For the price and location in relation to the beach, you can't beat it. Walking distance to a beautiful beach. We had an issue with noise really late at night and the front desk handled it promptly so that our children wouldn't wake. Would have loved to see a hot tub and more variety at the breakfast bar (maybe yogurt, fresh fruit such as bananas or apples, scrambled eggs...a little more protein). Overall, we both agreed that we will be using the hotel from now on for our vacations. Can't wait to see the renovations completed when we come back in a year.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Sevierville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Check In-Smooth until i got to the room- I was assigned a room with remodeling supplies in it; had to go back to front desk to get reassigned a new room-- guess what- no more king beds available. Strike One
Staying 3 Days for business- Internet connection worked less then half the time- Strike Two
Even though the hotel rooms seemed renewed with New Paint & Carpet- they put the old VERY DIRTY tables, chairs, and other furniture back in the room.
i left a pair of work shoes in the room- I called 7 different days at different times spoke with 3 different people - each time I was told that the housekeeper for the room I was in -- was gone for the day, was not in that day, had already left for the day & i was promised someone would call me back-- Have not heard back from they yet! Strike Three

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Tarpon Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is an older 5 story hotel right across the street from the beach. It is going to be less expensive than those right on the beach of course. It is worth every penny you will pay.
The owners are really fixing up the place, when I was there the lobby was undergoing renovation. All the rooms have been redecorated and updated.

They have the usual free continental breakfast.

Good pool, nice place to relax.

I highly recommend this for those of us that do not what to pay for added luxury that you may not want or use or need.

The owners are very nice and very accommodating.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

This place is great! The view from outside may make you think otherwise, but if you're looking for a affordable, yet decent place to stay, this is it! This place has great service, clean room, pool, hot tub, steam room, free continental breakfast, microwave, refrigerator, and Cable TV. The only flaw is that my wife and I woke up several times during the night because of people chattering in the hallway. It was as if the doors were left opened; even footsteps were heard clearly during the night, and I'm a deep sleeper! If they could make the doors soundproof, this place would be my top budget choice to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Gainesville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

We were going to Destin with our extended family for Labor Day weekend, but decided to go on a day early. We just needed somewhere for one night until we could check in at our condo. I was tickled to find such a great rate so close to a holiday weekend. My husband LOVES to fish, and this place is right across the street from the Okaloosa Island fishing pier. It was perfect for us. We stayed on the 1st floor. The room was very clean, really big, had a kingsize bed, and a mini fridge. My husband enjoyed the pier the next morning while I did a couple miles on the treadmill. The free breakfast was great too!! Thanks SO much for such a nice stay!! We will definitley be back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
ecis1214, Guest Relations Manager at Emerald Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We are glad that the Emerald Coast Inn met your expectations. The hotel staff takes pride in making our guest happy, so we are glad that you enjoyed yourselves. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again.

-Brittany

Been to Emerald Coast Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!