“Marina Bay Resort” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 30 hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Jacobsburg
“Marina Bay Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Enjoyed the stay. Disappointed that we were on the parking lot side. Should have asked if they had any rooms on Marina side. Didn't realize that there wasn't a beach on property. Guess the name should have told us something.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Frankfurt, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We rented one of the cheaper rooms in the building that isn't at the beachside. The other building belonging to Marina Bay Resort had the seemingly rooms. There seems to be a big difference in Quality of the rooms you choose. Anway when I entered the room a tiny lizard crept from under the bed. I spotted two other insects crawling around. For 54 Dollars I thought as long as they don't touch me I'm fine but bed bugs bit me and that's a minus. Another downside is that the room had a horrible stench. The AC was too loud and if you are a light sleeper are going to have trouble getting a good nights sleep. The Bathoom was actually okay just the insect that was crawling around there made me feel unpleasant. WiFi was good though. All in all take a look first and best stay away from the cheaper rooms Marina Bay Resorts offer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Larry A, General Manager at Marina Bay Resort, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
We have been unable to match the name on the review with our registration records for October and would appreciate a call or email from this individual, without this contact we are unable to identify the specific room from this review. Lizard because some guest choose to leave doors and windows open during nice weather, it is not impossible for a small chameleon to enter a room & remain unseen betweeen guests. In more than 29 years as manager, this is the first report i have received of this nature.Bed bug bite due to immense publicity of the nation wide bed bug epidemic,the hospitality industry has found that any itch or mosquito bite is assumed to be bed bug bite. With any report of possible bed bug bite we engage an independent detection company They use canine detection triple the effectiveness of human detection. The dog and handler have over 400hrs of training together the dog can detect both live eggs and bugs. Any report of possible bed bugs the room is put out of service until the handler and dog confirm the room is clear.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This resort was a Sheraton years ago and we return to every year for a week as a timeshare. However, they do rent rooms or by the day or week as well. The rooms and grounds are clean and well maintained. The pool and hot tub are very nice. Most of the rooms have a view of the courtyard, pool or the water where many boats are docked - quite picturesque. They have good wireless internet, TVs, kitchenette with a range, fridge, sink and microwave... It is not the most deluxe of accommodations, but very comfortable and convenient to everything. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We enjoy coming here as it is only an 8 hour drive from Nashville.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the water - or courtyard as a second choice. The buildings are all 2 floors and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Walton Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

very good place to stay,would stay here again when in the area,was clean,quite and very close to entertaiment without having to drive all over the place, we stayed on a Friday and Saturday, has a nice pool and spa.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

New Market, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I reserved a room online for my husband and I for this past weekend. I had never stayed here before, so I didn't know about rooms, courtyards, docks, etc..
When we arrived the desk clerks were friendly and prompt even allowed an early check-in, but when we pulled around to the room, we were instantly disheartened.. Our room was on the right-hand side 2nd floor and extremely plain as my husband described. I was so upset, I didn't even walk in.
I walked back to the front desk expecting to be stuck with this room and simply told the clerk that we were a little disheartened with our room. I explained that I was kind of hoping for something near the pool or dock or something special..
To my surprise, I was asked if I would take a single room near the courtyard. She even offered me the key before I had returned the key to the other room. The price was the same. When I booked online, I didn't even have the option off a single room.
This room was nice.. Room 110.. Clean, kitchenette, doors to both the parking lot and the courtyard, ashtrays outside both doors, ice and vending machines just outside our door.
These people were SO KIND..A few of us had stayed in the pool a little late on one of the nights and the security guard came around to remind us but was nice enough to allow us to go warm up in the hot tub while he finished his rounds.
We had an awesome weekend, even though it rained on us the entire trip..
I have always preferred to stay in Destin, but after this experience, WE WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK!!
WONDERFUL SERVICE!!!

Room Tip: Call before you book online..
Miflin, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This isn't a top of the line resort, but it is super clean and well managed. The property is central to everything and it's a short drive to the beach (about 5 minutes in traffic). The grounds are exceptionally maintained. Manicured everything. It's right on the sound (water that is more like a bay) and we fished some from the dock. Wireless was fast and strong. We loved this little place and enjoyed great service. All of our questions were answered with courtesy.

Room Tip: Waterfront rooms are awesome, but you've got to book early.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Boynton Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We did a timeshare exchange and ended up here only because the more popular areas were all booked up. We arrived after a long 9hr drive only to be told that we did not have a reservation on record-after much confusion and a manager coming in from home to resolve the matter our reservation was found (no fault of the hotel-it was the third party timeshare exchange that messed up). We reserved a marina view room, not at all what we ended up with.
The place is very dated and more geared toward the retirees, with shuffle board on site(lol). The room (213) had an old smell with holes in the sofas and the bedroom AC only worked on the fan mode when set to 60degrees (not that it actually got that cold). We are owners of festiva and this is not remotely close to the accommodations they offer at their "resorts". There is no housekeeping service, you are told to go and exchange your linens and towels between certain times. You must "sign out" your tea kettle and blender if you desire one-if you are lucky enough to have a room with a kitchenette. This is definitely a no frills kind of place, not much to do in the area besides the beach and the pier. A quiet getaway for the most part-a few shady characters hanging around some of the rooms they rent as "non timeshare rooms".
I must add, despite the other review...I found the counter staff to be friendly but a little overwhelmed. You must remember you are in a different part of FL and the people are "very country" so maybe people are taken back by the accent and dialect taking it a rudeness. They are doing their best and following the rules of the "resort".

Room Tip: choose a marina view-nice large patio facing the water
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marina Bay Resort? Share your experiences!