“Marina Bay - our favorite getaway!” 5 of 5 stars

Marina Bay Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   80 Miracle Strip Parkway, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Nashville, Tennessee
“Marina Bay - our favorite getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This resort was a Sheraton years ago and we return to every year for a week as a timeshare. However, they do rent rooms or by the day or week as well. The rooms and grounds are clean and well maintained. The pool and hot tub are very nice. Most of the rooms have a view of the courtyard, pool or the water where many boats are docked - quite picturesque. They have good wireless internet, TVs, kitchenette with a range, fridge, sink and microwave... It is not the most deluxe of accommodations, but very comfortable and convenient to everything. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We enjoy coming here as it is only an 8 hour drive from Nashville.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the water - or courtyard as a second choice. The buildings are all 2 floors and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Fort Walton Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

very good place to stay,would stay here again when in the area,was clean,quite and very close to entertaiment without having to drive all over the place, we stayed on a Friday and Saturday, has a nice pool and spa.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

New Market, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I reserved a room online for my husband and I for this past weekend. I had never stayed here before, so I didn't know about rooms, courtyards, docks, etc..
When we arrived the desk clerks were friendly and prompt even allowed an early check-in, but when we pulled around to the room, we were instantly disheartened.. Our room was on the right-hand side 2nd floor and extremely plain as my husband described. I was so upset, I didn't even walk in.
I walked back to the front desk expecting to be stuck with this room and simply told the clerk that we were a little disheartened with our room. I explained that I was kind of hoping for something near the pool or dock or something special..
To my surprise, I was asked if I would take a single room near the courtyard. She even offered me the key before I had returned the key to the other room. The price was the same. When I booked online, I didn't even have the option off a single room.
This room was nice.. Room 110.. Clean, kitchenette, doors to both the parking lot and the courtyard, ashtrays outside both doors, ice and vending machines just outside our door.
These people were SO KIND..A few of us had stayed in the pool a little late on one of the nights and the security guard came around to remind us but was nice enough to allow us to go warm up in the hot tub while he finished his rounds.
We had an awesome weekend, even though it rained on us the entire trip..
I have always preferred to stay in Destin, but after this experience, WE WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK!!
WONDERFUL SERVICE!!!

Room Tip: Call before you book online..
Miflin, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This isn't a top of the line resort, but it is super clean and well managed. The property is central to everything and it's a short drive to the beach (about 5 minutes in traffic). The grounds are exceptionally maintained. Manicured everything. It's right on the sound (water that is more like a bay) and we fished some from the dock. Wireless was fast and strong. We loved this little place and enjoyed great service. All of our questions were answered with courtesy.

Room Tip: Waterfront rooms are awesome, but you've got to book early.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Boynton Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We did a timeshare exchange and ended up here only because the more popular areas were all booked up. We arrived after a long 9hr drive only to be told that we did not have a reservation on record-after much confusion and a manager coming in from home to resolve the matter our reservation was found (no fault of the hotel-it was the third party timeshare exchange that messed up). We reserved a marina view room, not at all what we ended up with.
The place is very dated and more geared toward the retirees, with shuffle board on site(lol). The room (213) had an old smell with holes in the sofas and the bedroom AC only worked on the fan mode when set to 60degrees (not that it actually got that cold). We are owners of festiva and this is not remotely close to the accommodations they offer at their "resorts". There is no housekeeping service, you are told to go and exchange your linens and towels between certain times. You must "sign out" your tea kettle and blender if you desire one-if you are lucky enough to have a room with a kitchenette. This is definitely a no frills kind of place, not much to do in the area besides the beach and the pier. A quiet getaway for the most part-a few shady characters hanging around some of the rooms they rent as "non timeshare rooms".
I must add, despite the other review...I found the counter staff to be friendly but a little overwhelmed. You must remember you are in a different part of FL and the people are "very country" so maybe people are taken back by the accent and dialect taking it a rudeness. They are doing their best and following the rules of the "resort".

Room Tip: choose a marina view-nice large patio facing the water
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I recently attempted to rent a room here for myself and my small children. We live in the area but were hoping to have a bit of a staycation. I called and spoke with the desk clerk to make my arrangements and was told that they do not rent to locals. I explained that I had my children with me. I was not having a party or anything like that and was just trying to have a good time with my kids. She re-explained that they will not and don't rent to locals. I am an area restaurant manager and have sent business to them countless times. I also have brought lunch for their staff several times. In this area, it is important to embrace the locals because tourist season is short. I found the entire situation very disrespectful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fulton, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here the week of the 3rd-10th for a wedding in Destin. Very good location & the rooms were very clean & nice. Pool area was great & the grill area was nice. A very nice place & affordable. They had an ice cream social one day! Good game room too!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Marina Bay Resort? Share your experiences!