“Don't care about locals??” 1 of 5 stars

Marina Bay Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   80 Miracle Strip Parkway, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #11 of 30 hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Don't care about locals??”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I recently attempted to rent a room here for myself and my small children. We live in the area but were hoping to have a bit of a staycation. I called and spoke with the desk clerk to make my arrangements and was told that they do not rent to locals. I explained that I had my children with me. I was not having a party or anything like that and was just trying to have a good time with my kids. She re-explained that they will not and don't rent to locals. I am an area restaurant manager and have sent business to them countless times. I also have brought lunch for their staff several times. In this area, it is important to embrace the locals because tourist season is short. I found the entire situation very disrespectful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fulton, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here the week of the 3rd-10th for a wedding in Destin. Very good location & the rooms were very clean & nice. Pool area was great & the grill area was nice. A very nice place & affordable. They had an ice cream social one day! Good game room too!

• Stayed August 2013
Hayden, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

At check-in our hotel Clerk was VERY NASTY, and if I had not already paid for the reservations would have went elsewhere. We arrived at 3:30 p.m. only to be told it would be at least an hour wait before our room was ready? I was like our check in time is suppose to be 4:00, and the clerk said we don't guarantee that. So I asked what time was checkout time and she said 10am. When I questioned why, if checkout was at 10, were the people in our room just moving, I was told rudely told to come back later, our room might be ready. When I went back about an hour later to get the room key the clerk said here. I said could you please tell us where to go to, and she responded,"You know where your room is". and then snatched a map from the counter and said park here and go here.Since our check in, our stay has been good. Housekeeping is SUPER SWEET, Maintenance is not only Cute, but sweet as well. In all honestly the trip would have gotten an EXCELLENT rating if it were not for the Witchy lady at the front desk. She definitely does now know what Customer Service is!!!

Room Tip: Our room was terrific, we had a bay front State room that Slept 6. Hide a way couch was not very com...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kingsland, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had not been to Marina Bay Resort since the hurrican that did alot of damage to the resort. The remodling that they did is very nice. We take a 21ft. boat and tie up to the pier and park the trailer on the resort grounds which is a plus! We put the boat in at a ramp not far from the resort. Love the pool and grounds. They now do a ice cream social for a great price and have a grilled hot dog lunch day for a great price also. We get an Admiral suite which gives us two lani's, full kitchen, 2 baths and plenty of room. Our son and daughter inlaw had a King room which just gives you a king bed and tv and alot of noise next door if someone has the adjoining room. Best place for us and has everything we need. Nothing better then having coffee on the lani and watching the intercoastal way traffic go by in front of you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

The location was perfect and was a good price for a last second trip. I will not stay here again.The room wasn't exactly clean and the front desk clerk was supposed to call when the room was ready and didn't. There was no microwave or mini fridge as I expected with the price I paid. The bed was comfortable at least.

• Stayed July 2013
Social Circle, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

God knew what we needed and He provided. Our church planned a trip to Super Wow, but when we started looking for hotels on the beach with Kitchenettes in March they were already taken. Long story short, we found this little piece of heaven and reserved. The staff was excellent, the hotel was great and the trip was a success. If we had been on the beach I don't know if God could have reached the kids the way He was able to on the bay. We could see the beach hotels across the bay so we weren't far from the beach-maybe a mile. The kids loved the bay because they could get in the water and search for crabs & mussles or fish from the pier. They also liked the pool and hot tub. I loved all the covered eating areas where they could fix their plate and go outside to eat. The beds were very comfortable with memory foam and very clean. We stayed during the week and had no trouble with any one.

Room Tip: The rooms that had a king bed and an ajacent kitchen were better than the solo rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We made a decision to stay in Ft. Walton because all the spots we looked at in Destin were full. We tried the Ft. Walton Hampton Inn and since they too were full, the front desk referred us to Marina Bay. We were told both properties are mutually owned. We were given a second floor room, bay side. No elevator. Good thing we arent handicapped. No one asked. The room was clean but decorated like the Bates Motel. Norman wasn't next door but "Keith Stone" was and he and his buddies kept us up all night. Even after banging on the plywood adjoining door, the road went on forever and the party never ended. We checked out at 8 after living through the pirate cruise and said good bye to Marina del Bay.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Marina Bay Resort? Share your experiences!