“Enjoyable, family friendly, and affordable will stay here again if we return to the area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marina Bay Resort

You added Marina Bay Resort to your Saves list
Marina Bay Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   80 Miracle Strip Parkway, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Fortville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Traveled with my wife, son, and parents. We stayed in the admiral suite and had a good time on vacation. This resort/hotel is an affordable place to stay on a family vacation. The room and property were clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The resort has a pool which my son loved, but it is dominated by kids so not alot of relaxing by the pool. The location is close to downtown ft. walton very close to local restaurants and not far from the big chains if you would rather eat there. I grabbed a bike and rode through downtown and through a nearby park. A couple of our favorite restaurants were the magnolia grill, sealand, and staffs all excellent food and service in relatively quiet atmospheres. The resort provides boat docks if you have a boat, which i'm sure is convienent to boat owners. The beach is a short drive (about 2 min) across the bridge, we liked the beasley pubic beach access the best, plenty of space to relax and enjoy the beach. It is the whitest beach i've ever seen, been to clearwater,sarasota,and several places in the caribbean the beaches in ft. walton are the whitest my wife and I have seen. If you prefer more hustle and bustle then destin is a longer drive down the coast. There is a ton of shopping, eating, and just about everything you can think of in destin, i just think the typical beach tourist town. We ate at mcguires in destin (overrated) and really enjoyed a locally owned place in destin called the lighthouse excellent food and great prices (half the menu was half price got steak and lobster tail for 22 bucks). We attempted fuddpuckers in destin,but wait was 1 hour and 45 minutes so good luck if you wanna eat there, they say go at 11am or 430 if you wanna get a table. My wife and i preferred the quieter ft. walton area. Our only complaint about the area is its seems to roll up the sidewalks about 8 or 9pm if your lucky. We brought my parents along to watch our son so we could have a couple nights on the town, but we were hugely dissappointed. We really wanted a place on the beach to sit, talk, drink, and enjoy the coast at night, but the only place we could find open was the swamp and it is impossible to talk in that place. Other places were open but we can get bars anywhere, we can't get bars on the beach anywhere. We did enjoy a few drinks at the salty duck if you like a good "beer bar" large selection of micro/craft beers at reasonable prices, but again beer bars are everywhere. We just wanted a good beach bar and ft. walton didn't have one at least open past about 9 or 10pm. Overall we enjoyed ourselves and the marina bay resort was great for the money we spent, but i would characterize ft. walton as a family place with little "beach night life" for tourists.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Look, this is basically an old hotel that was converted into condo units. So it is really a condo-tel. There is a hot tub, pool, exercise room and game room. That's about it. Don't expect anything close to a resort. The rooms are the same size as hotel rooms, except they now have mini-kitchens. They are about the same size as any extended stay suite-hotel room. We chose this hotel for two reasons: It was in the RCI family of timeshares and it had a dock for our boat. We enjoyed that we could take the boat out on the bay or to crab island in the morning, and then play in the pool in the afternoon. Otherwise, we were not impressed with the hotel location or the hotel grounds. Not that they were bad, they were not ideal. The number one reason I would not return is because there is no beach nearby.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011 via mobile

This is a motel not a hotel or a resort...the pictures speak for themselves (smelly, moldy and dirty should not be associated w a 3 star rating). If you are charged $50 or less per evening than maybe, but if you are asked to pay anything above that---your getting cheated.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011 via mobile

This hotel should be ashamed of it's self to be called a resort! Our rooms had a horrible odor and mildew was on the ceilings and floor panels. The place reminded me of a cheap motel from back in the 70's.

The staff was very nice and accommodating but we could not
bear to sleep there. This hotel is way overpriced for what it is. It's only worth $20 per night.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011 via mobile

They messed up our reservation and gave us a room that stinks, has wet carpet, and a bad ac for $594. I've been coming here for 28 years (since they opened), and always enjoyed it. But I will not be back again!

Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

My husband and I just took our honeymoon to Destin last month, but since we didn't want to pay the Destin hotel prices, we decided to stay in Fort Walton Beach. Marina Bay was perfect since we didn't want to pay a fortune!! I believe we only paid $565 for a 7 night stay. It does look like an older establishment, but it was very well kept! The rooms were clean and kept cool. We always had fresh towels and the cleaning lady was super nice! The view over the heated pool is beautiful, as it overlooks the bay and the sailboats. It's also nice that you can walk around the boat docks. Our bed was huge and super comfortable, with several fluffy pillows. I slept great! The staff at the front desk was very polite and the lady who made our appointment over the phone, was so nice!!! It's also located by some awesome shops and the Indian Temple Burial Mound. If you want a hotel that is decent and nice without the overpriced stay, Marina Bay is perfect!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Have stayed here for several years--but the last couple of years found the resort not to be up to par! The staff at the front desk was not truthful when telling me they were booked to capacity when I was most disappointed in the room I had reserved--when I arrived to the room, the bathroom was so small I could not turn around in it--no vanity--I asked for another room only to be told they were booked to capacity--then another staff spoke up to say a "parking lot" room was open--I asked for a waterfront at first. I ended up staying but found out there were three waterfront rooms vacant and several other rooms vacant all that week. I was quoted one price for my room for the week only to end up paying an extra 84.00 at checkout when my final bill was given to me. I told the front desk I was quoted a certain price--but the staff I must have been mistaken! I paid cash for my room so they had the upper hand! I caught the front desk in four "untruths" when I question them at my checkout! I don't like this kind of treatment---and certainly would not recommend this "resort?"! The resort was virtually empty! I told them I would not be returning--all they said was have a nice day!! Some courtesy!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Marina Bay Resort? Share your experiences!