“Don't Expect Much and You Won't Be Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Marina Bay Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   80 Miracle Strip Parkway, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #11 of 30 hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Atlanta
“Don't Expect Much and You Won't Be Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Look, this is basically an old hotel that was converted into condo units. So it is really a condo-tel. There is a hot tub, pool, exercise room and game room. That's about it. Don't expect anything close to a resort. The rooms are the same size as hotel rooms, except they now have mini-kitchens. They are about the same size as any extended stay suite-hotel room. We chose this hotel for two reasons: It was in the RCI family of timeshares and it had a dock for our boat. We enjoyed that we could take the boat out on the bay or to crab island in the morning, and then play in the pool in the afternoon. Otherwise, we were not impressed with the hotel location or the hotel grounds. Not that they were bad, they were not ideal. The number one reason I would not return is because there is no beach nearby.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011 via mobile

This is a motel not a hotel or a resort...the pictures speak for themselves (smelly, moldy and dirty should not be associated w a 3 star rating). If you are charged $50 or less per evening than maybe, but if you are asked to pay anything above that---your getting cheated.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011 via mobile

This hotel should be ashamed of it's self to be called a resort! Our rooms had a horrible odor and mildew was on the ceilings and floor panels. The place reminded me of a cheap motel from back in the 70's.

The staff was very nice and accommodating but we could not
bear to sleep there. This hotel is way overpriced for what it is. It's only worth $20 per night.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011 via mobile

They messed up our reservation and gave us a room that stinks, has wet carpet, and a bad ac for $594. I've been coming here for 28 years (since they opened), and always enjoyed it. But I will not be back again!

Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

My husband and I just took our honeymoon to Destin last month, but since we didn't want to pay the Destin hotel prices, we decided to stay in Fort Walton Beach. Marina Bay was perfect since we didn't want to pay a fortune!! I believe we only paid $565 for a 7 night stay. It does look like an older establishment, but it was very well kept! The rooms were clean and kept cool. We always had fresh towels and the cleaning lady was super nice! The view over the heated pool is beautiful, as it overlooks the bay and the sailboats. It's also nice that you can walk around the boat docks. Our bed was huge and super comfortable, with several fluffy pillows. I slept great! The staff at the front desk was very polite and the lady who made our appointment over the phone, was so nice!!! It's also located by some awesome shops and the Indian Temple Burial Mound. If you want a hotel that is decent and nice without the overpriced stay, Marina Bay is perfect!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Have stayed here for several years--but the last couple of years found the resort not to be up to par! The staff at the front desk was not truthful when telling me they were booked to capacity when I was most disappointed in the room I had reserved--when I arrived to the room, the bathroom was so small I could not turn around in it--no vanity--I asked for another room only to be told they were booked to capacity--then another staff spoke up to say a "parking lot" room was open--I asked for a waterfront at first. I ended up staying but found out there were three waterfront rooms vacant and several other rooms vacant all that week. I was quoted one price for my room for the week only to end up paying an extra 84.00 at checkout when my final bill was given to me. I told the front desk I was quoted a certain price--but the staff I must have been mistaken! I paid cash for my room so they had the upper hand! I caught the front desk in four "untruths" when I question them at my checkout! I don't like this kind of treatment---and certainly would not recommend this "resort?"! The resort was virtually empty! I told them I would not be returning--all they said was have a nice day!! Some courtesy!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

My daughter and 15 other extended in-law family members booked a week's stay at Aqua Villa condos on Okaloosa Island. She wanted us to come down if possible while they were there. I (and several others) searched the internet for 2-3 weeks trying to find an affordable place for us to stay for a few days. Long story short, we finally booked this room the day we planned to leave. The website quoted $79/night or $89/night for a harbor view. For the extra $10, we chose the harbor view. While it's not the newest place in town, we were pleasantly surprised when we walked into our room (#125A). We had fairly spacious room with a king bed and a balcony with 2 chaise lounges. There was no refrigerator or microwave, but I knew that when we booked, so we came prepared with an ice chest and planned to eat with the others at the condos. There was free wifi available which was nice. There was a pier that we could walk out on with chairs available. We didn't use the pool or spa, but they appeared to be very nice and well kept. We weren't expecting much at that price point, so we were pleasantly surprised and well satisfied with our stay. It didn't deplete our bank account, allowing us to be able to enjoy the area and what it had to offer.

If you decide to visit the Emerald Coast for the beach, then by all means give this place some consideration. We'd absolutely stay here again and highly recommend it to others who may wish to travel during peak season but fear they can't afford other places or who may want to make a spontaneous, spur of the moment trip to the coast. Marina Bay Resort is both affordable and convenient.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our harbor view room.