“I will definitely choose Marina Bay in the future!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Marina Bay Resort to your Saves list
Marina Bay Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   80 Miracle Strip Parkway, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Little Rock, Arkansas
“I will definitely choose Marina Bay in the future!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

My husband and I just took our honeymoon to Destin last month, but since we didn't want to pay the Destin hotel prices, we decided to stay in Fort Walton Beach. Marina Bay was perfect since we didn't want to pay a fortune!! I believe we only paid $565 for a 7 night stay. It does look like an older establishment, but it was very well kept! The rooms were clean and kept cool. We always had fresh towels and the cleaning lady was super nice! The view over the heated pool is beautiful, as it overlooks the bay and the sailboats. It's also nice that you can walk around the boat docks. Our bed was huge and super comfortable, with several fluffy pillows. I slept great! The staff at the front desk was very polite and the lady who made our appointment over the phone, was so nice!!! It's also located by some awesome shops and the Indian Temple Burial Mound. If you want a hotel that is decent and nice without the overpriced stay, Marina Bay is perfect!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Nashville, Tn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Have stayed here for several years--but the last couple of years found the resort not to be up to par! The staff at the front desk was not truthful when telling me they were booked to capacity when I was most disappointed in the room I had reserved--when I arrived to the room, the bathroom was so small I could not turn around in it--no vanity--I asked for another room only to be told they were booked to capacity--then another staff spoke up to say a "parking lot" room was open--I asked for a waterfront at first. I ended up staying but found out there were three waterfront rooms vacant and several other rooms vacant all that week. I was quoted one price for my room for the week only to end up paying an extra 84.00 at checkout when my final bill was given to me. I told the front desk I was quoted a certain price--but the staff I must have been mistaken! I paid cash for my room so they had the upper hand! I caught the front desk in four "untruths" when I question them at my checkout! I don't like this kind of treatment---and certainly would not recommend this "resort?"! The resort was virtually empty! I told them I would not be returning--all they said was have a nice day!! Some courtesy!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

My daughter and 15 other extended in-law family members booked a week's stay at Aqua Villa condos on Okaloosa Island. She wanted us to come down if possible while they were there. I (and several others) searched the internet for 2-3 weeks trying to find an affordable place for us to stay for a few days. Long story short, we finally booked this room the day we planned to leave. The website quoted $79/night or $89/night for a harbor view. For the extra $10, we chose the harbor view. While it's not the newest place in town, we were pleasantly surprised when we walked into our room (#125A). We had fairly spacious room with a king bed and a balcony with 2 chaise lounges. There was no refrigerator or microwave, but I knew that when we booked, so we came prepared with an ice chest and planned to eat with the others at the condos. There was free wifi available which was nice. There was a pier that we could walk out on with chairs available. We didn't use the pool or spa, but they appeared to be very nice and well kept. We weren't expecting much at that price point, so we were pleasantly surprised and well satisfied with our stay. It didn't deplete our bank account, allowing us to be able to enjoy the area and what it had to offer.

If you decide to visit the Emerald Coast for the beach, then by all means give this place some consideration. We'd absolutely stay here again and highly recommend it to others who may wish to travel during peak season but fear they can't afford other places or who may want to make a spontaneous, spur of the moment trip to the coast. Marina Bay Resort is both affordable and convenient.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our harbor view room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

This is an older timeshare resort which was converted from a hotel. The resort is very clean and the staff is polite and helpful. It is in a great downtown location. Although it is waterfront, it does not have a beach. The resort offers a pool, hot tub, game room,, laundry, volley ball, bikes, putt putt, a fishing dock, a boat dock, bbq's, covered picnic and eating areas. I believe the only things they charge extra for were the vidoe games, boat dockage and laundry. The resort is located a couple blocks from the bridge to the white sugar sand beach. Restuarants, grocery, and shopping are all within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

We have stayed here several times.
The service has always been a plus. It's so easy to get in and out of. The property looks as if they hired a golf course groundskeeper to maintain it. Everything you need is within arms reach. The rooms may seem a little dated compared to some of the larger chains in the area,but there is no comparison. We told some friends about the place and now they are regulars.
They really know how to cater to tourists

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Winter Haven, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

Second time we have stayed at this motel resort. We only get a basic room but one with a waterfront view. Our stays have always been nice, quiet and economical. This last trip the pool had a mechanical problem and was unexpectedly closed. Hot tub was functioning though. A negative is the basic room like we had does not have a coffee pot and no coffee was available at the front desk. Suites/Villas have kitchens so I'm not sure why there are not pots in all rooms. This would be a great family place as it has on site things for young people to do and the beautiful beach is just across the nearby causeway bridge. +

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Cypress, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

After reading previous reviews, I called RCI an tried to change my timeshare to a different resort. The review before mine was really, really bad. My kids and I travel a lot. We have stayed in every type of accomodation from 5 star to slightly above a no-tel, motel, but for our summer vacation, I didnt want to have to in the admiral suite, one side is a king bed and bath adjoined to a living area with kitchen, full sized fridge, with let out queen size sofa, twin let out bed and bath. One review said the kitchen was too small to cook. I did cook in it. I fried fish and shrimp, I made jambalaya, I cooked breakfast every morning. They have several bbq grills on the property. The staff was helpful and most were friendly. I had a really good stay. We stayed for seven days. We had a wonderful time. I have learned that with my kids, I prefer a smaller resort. We will stay here again next year.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Marina Bay Resort? Share your experiences!