“Sea oats 202...not impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Add it.
You added Sea Oats Condominiums to your Saves list
Sea Oats Condominiums
1114 Santa Rosa Blvd., Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
“Sea oats 202...not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Overall it is a cute, cozy condo for a decent price. With that being said, my family will never return here for several reasons. 1) the walls are so thin you can hear everything going on outside. I was awake numerous times in the middle of the night because people decided to swim/party in the pool at 2am or even 5am. 2) there is no one to enforce the 'quiet time' so I really felt like we were staying at a spring break type hotel rather than a family place. 3) the toaster is so old it doesn't work. Not a huge deal, but an inconvenience. Come on owners...splurge and buy a new toaster! 4) the refrigerator is falling apart. The first night we learned not to put any glass groceries in the side if the door...goodbye glass jar of pickles! 5) the dryer takes over 2 hours to actually dry a load. This explains why our bath towels were still damp when we first arrived.
Beautiful view and decent price for beach front, but I will NOT be back.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

This was our families 20+ time to Ft. Walton/Destin but first time at Sea Oats. We booked through VRBO which has never let us down until now. The price was right so my mom booked unit 111. We knew it wasn't beach front but were ok with it. We got in sat night around 7-8. We were pulling out bed linens from the master closet and noticed they were soaked! Turns out the first bathroom shower LEAKS into the closet/walls! So that left 4 people using 1 shower! Then we discovered the air conditioner/water heater drain was blocked and leaking UNDER the ceramic tile into the first bedroom! Then we noticed water under the windows in the master bedroom as well! We contacted the owner's daughter who said she'd send out a repairman the next day. She apologized and that was the last I'd 'hear' from her. The repairman finally showed up later in the day while we were out and 'steamed cleaned' the wet areas of carpet and unclogged the drain but he said there have been problems here before. So I'm sure there is mold ALL over that condo!! I had to call again the next day because there were issues getting our 'included' beach chairs but my phone call was never returned, or the one prior to that! (turns out we just used the owners last name and we were fine). I emailed 'Hope' telling her our disappointment and she did respond. She stated that the last renters had no issues and she's never had any complaints, perhaps they were blind?!?! Her father is in charge of reimbursements but I've yet to hear back from her! It made for a stressful start to our vacation but from ALL the other guests we met that stayed there, they said Sea Oats was pleasant and they are working on remodeling. If you're looking to stay here perhaps use Sea Oats rental company or even VRBO for units 404, 308. We met nice families that stayed there and said they were very clean! Do NOT use VRBO # 132212!

• Stayed October 2012
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Our stay at Sea Oats was fantastic. We found the condo to be large, well stocked with games, books, and kitchenware. The pool was super. Our family was thrilled with the view and found the location to be central to all the activities we wanted to do. When we plan our next vacation, we will call Beacon Resorts and request the same unit on the 7th floor. Excellent.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Once again, Beacon Resorts hosted us for a great stay at Sea Oats. We have stayed many times and are always treated like family. Once we had car trouble and the office staff helped us find help and made sure we were OK. The rooms are large and clean, the beds are always clean and comfy, and the kitchens well stocked and efficient. We usually go with the entire family - grandkids and all. We have lots of room to play around the pool. We love to stay on the first floor where we can sit out by the pool and watch the kids play, and we can easily run back and forth to the room. The location is great and the property is not cramped like many. It has a nice relaxed atmosphere and we so enjoy the stays there. Thank you Beacon!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Brierfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We have stayed at Sea Oats many times and have always had great experiences. The rooms are large and always clean. I am surprised and skeptical of some of the reviews here; we have never had any of these complaints and neither have our friends who have stayed here. We especially enjoy the huge pool and pool deck that is large enough for a crowd and our large family. The location is great and the staff always friendly and accommodating. The beach is beautiful there and it is never too crowded to enjoy. We regularly take our entire extended family to Sea Oats for a big family vacation and it is awesome. Sea Oats is one of our favorite places to go to relax and enjoy the beach.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

i had family coming in to town for Thanksgiving, so we rented a three bedroom condo at Sea Oats on the 7th floor, gulf front. We could not have been happier! The unit was nice and large enough to have everyone over for dinner on Thanksgiving day. The weather even was warm, and the kids swam in the heated pool! As usual, the beach was stunning! The front desk people were very helpful, we live in FWB so we talked with them a lot before we booked. I would recommend Beacon Resorts site to anyone.

Room Tip: look on the web page to pick what you want.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Auburn, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here Aug 6-13. When we arrived I called the owner to tell him no AC. I made numerous calls, text & emails, he didn't respond. Another owner I spoke with advised me the renters the prevous week complained of the SAME thing. I finally got him on the phone and it took 36+ hours to fix the AC. Here's the rest. BED BUGS in Master Bedroom, Mold/Mildew in both bathrooms, DIRTY, DIRTY DIRTY unit, garbage disp didn't work, ice machine didn't work, no dish towels, no dish rags, no wash cloths, only 4 SMALL bath towels. Also, the HOA pays for cabel & internet, but the owner has this unusable unless you bring your own ethernet cable. I spoke to the president of the HOA and he said they have lots of complaints on this unit and this owner. The complex itself is nice, but stay away from this unit. I've hired an attorney to get my $$$ back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sea Oats Condominiums? Share your experiences!