Overall, the Seacrest was a comfortable stay. My room was part of a corner suite, located on the end of the building directly facing the Gulf. The king sized bed was comfy, but short on "real" pillows. It was covered with decorative pillows, but the actual sleeping pillows were very low quality and super thing. I did not used the efficiency kitchen except keeping a few cans of Pepsi in the fridge. The stacked washer and drier were very handy, I am traveling home with mostly clean clothes in my luggage. The bathroom is basic, but everything worked well and there was no shortage of water pressure or hot water.
My sister and brother in law stayed up the hall a bit, in a 2 bed 2 bath suite. Their room was exceptionally nice. A full kitchen with a pass-through bar, a good sized dining table and then a pair of comfortable couches in the living room. We cooked a full Christmas ham dinner in the kitchen, it was great.
The beach area is easy to access from the condos, you just walk under the building through the parking area, and over a board-walk to the water. There is a public park next to the building that provides picnic tables and grills, which would have been great for warm weather. I was informed the property does provide beach chairs during peak season, but they were all put away for winter.
One word of warning to travelers that like to walk the beach at night, don't go barefoot. There are lots of Portuguese man of war jellyfish that wash up during high tide,
The only negative I have is the lack of pillows on the bed, but that is minor. If you're looking for an out of the way area to spend some vacation time, this is the property to pick.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Crest Condos Hotel
- Sea Crest Condos Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Sea Crest Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Sea Crest
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SeaCrest is a vacation paradise with sugar white sand, emerald green water, and breathtaking sunsets. Each unit is spacious and individually decorated with many amenities. This condominium is placed on a quite boulevard, away from the hustle and bustle, but still conveniently located near all the attractions, restaurants, and shopping the beautiful Emerald Coast has to offer. Efficiencies, two and three bedroom units are available. Special amenities include a Gulf-side indoor/outdoor pool with sundeck, a fitness room, as well as lighted tennis and basketball courts. ... more less