“Great view” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Breakers at Fort Walton Beach

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Walton Beach
The Breakers at Fort Walton Beach
Save Saved
You added The Breakers at Fort Walton Beach to your Saves list
381 Santa Rosa Blvd, Fort Walton Beach, FL   |
Rock Island, Illinois, United States
“Great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

First time staying here in February. We were on the sixth floor of west building. Loved the view, the apartment was nice but needed some updates. Bed not real comfy but not bad. Pool was nice because it was heated. I would stay again because of view.

Room Tip: Every room has good view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

For many years I've stayed at The Breakers of Fort Walton Beach on Okaloosa Island, both business and vacation. My most recent trip was a vacation, Nov 23-30, 2013 (Thanksgiving). Every condo has a balcony or patio directly facing the Gulf of Mexico. What a joy it is to eat breakfast or dinner on the balcony, watching pelicans and seagulls! This trip I saw dolphins several times,too, which was a real treat.

The condos are all completely furnished with full kitchens as well as washer/dryer in each unit. They're individually-owned, so each unit has unique furnishings. This trip I stayed in W304, a unit in which I've stayed a couple of times before. It's lovely ... the owners clearly take pride in their condo, doing frequent updates and periodic re-decorations.

The location is great ... Okaloosa Island is close to the more touristy areas of Destin and Sandestin, without being in the middle of all of the traffic. It's quiet with several restaurants nearby. There are plenty of places to walk, relax with a book, gather shells on the beach, and just escape from the cares of everyday life.

The Breakers of FWB is where I go to rejuvenate -- it's my little piece of heaven on earth!

Room Tip: For better views, recommend requesting a condo on the 3rd floor or above. There are 6 floors.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I drove to FWB from Goldsboro, NC for a wedding and stayed at The Breakers. We had the two bedroom deluxe. Since I had researched it online before going, I kinda knew what to expect. Well, I got a lot more than expected. Place is so well kept, everything you need for a great vacation. Large patio facing the ocean with the beautiful white sand. Master bedroom was huge and the most comfy king bed. Plenty of closet space, all the extra's you may need. Our only disappointment was the second bedroom had a teeny tiny tv and it was actually in the closet. That was really dumb. Also, the bathtub was very, very slippery, nothing on the tub floor so had to be very careful not to slip. But I give this a 5+ and would stay again (I'd just bring a bathtub mat). The staff is always so friendly, cheerful, and very helpful. Very clean. So glad we stayed here.

Room Tip: We were in the main entrance building, sixth floor. Was totally awesome.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
married to the military
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

My husband and I went here on the recommendation of our neighbors who go there several times a year. We had never stayed in a condo type of hotel before, so we weren't sure what to expect. OMG. it was WONDERFUL. Every room has a private balcony facing the ocean. There is a walkway from the hotel to the beach. The hotel pool is nice and there are barbecue grills and tables for people who may be staying longer and want to cook their own dinner. The room was lovely with huge sliding doors so you had a picture perfect view of the ocean from inside. The kitchen is fully equipped including a washer/dryer. We can't wait to go back for a longer stay. I think this will be our new annual getaway place (perhaps more than annual). It is right at the border of Ft Walton/Destin. Lots of fantasic eateries including The Donut Hole... Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Since the rooms are privately owned, there are considerable smoking rooms, so be sure and request no...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Terre Haute, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

That is the best way to describe the Breakers.We have been going back every year for the last 9 years.And we will keep going back.We started staying 1 week then 10 days now 2 weeks.The staff is SUPER nice.Paying rack rate the 2 chairs and umbrellas are included in room charge.Having those 2 chairs and umbrella waiting everyday for you on the beach is the best!Craig, the chair set up guy is always helpful!What great service he gives you!!The extra amenities are a nice and included also.The rooms are set up perfectly.We like the Island because it is so peaceful!It is very convenient to other towns for more shopping and restaurants.Although the restaurants on the island are excellent.The only problem we have to rent is a 2 bedroom 2 bath deluxe.The 1 bedroom condo bedroom is in the front.So that our bedroom will be facing the beach we have to get the extra rooms.But it is worth every penny to pay the extra cost for the extra room and view!!!We will see them again next September!!

Room Tip: Try to make sure your room is above the 3rd floor for the best views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was a very nice stay for my friends' wedding. The wedding was setup by the condos and was very nice. The water was awesome. The amenities package include was a nice bonus. I did the sunset power boat cruise and our was very nice. The Breakers are centrally located and you can't beat the view!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Paducah, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

A restful and beautiful condo resort with an excellent staff. Grounds are kept very well as far as landscaping. This part of the beach is not as jam packed as others. Evenings are quiet and everyone has been most respectful of rules and quiet times. The only reason I did not give the full five stars is the condo I was assigned when I arrived. I was unable to select condo of choice ahead of time. I can only guess that is so management can divide rental income between the nice clean condos and the one I had. Don't get me wrong, the condo was very nice and well decorated but the floors needed a good steam cleaning. So thumbs up on The Breakers! :)

Room Tip: Request third floor or higher for best view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Breakers at Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!