“Wonderful condo/unit C-309” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Breakers at Fort Walton Beach

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Walton Beach
The Breakers at Fort Walton Beach
You added The Breakers at Fort Walton Beach to your Saves list
381 Santa Rosa Blvd, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Charleston, South Carolina
“Wonderful condo/unit C-309”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed here two nights in unit C-309 at the Breakers. We did not have a reservation and walked in about 9am and spoke with the ladies at the front desk. They were pleasant and professional and let us look at two different units. We liked the first unit as well and then checked on the second one and said this is it. All tile throughout the unit. The bedrooms had carpet. The master shower was huge with two shower heads and the second bathroom was in the hallway. The unit was clean and had an excellent view of the Gulf. With our stay we had two complimentary chairs and umbrella with the reservation which were just great for relaxation! The Kitchen had all accessories you might need and had a full fridge. There is a big dining room and the unit itself had a fantastic layout. I would highly recommend this unit for a family of four, although you can hit the pull out sleeper for 6 if need be. Would stay here again if I am in the area. The pools are heated as well and they have a free DVD rental box for the stay duration as well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

The location is perfect, right on the beach and close to all attractions. Our room was in the west building on the 6th floor. There was never a wait for an elevator and the noise level was low for spring break. The room was very clean and had a fully furnished kitchen. The pool was cool but inviting. I would recommend this place to anyone. The only thing I saw that could be improved upon was the front desk staff. They were not very informative about the area and could not really recommend anywhere to dine or shop.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

This was the greatest little condo. Perfect for us for a few days during spring break. I actually wish we could have stayed longer. The mattress in this condo was the best ever too. We slept really well. Thanks for a great stay. Would love to come again soon.

Room Tip: W 313. Never any congestion here. Even during spring break.
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed at the Breakers for Spring break and it was wonderful! This is our fourth time staying here and let me say you will never be able to find a more georgeous view and beach area. The beaches are more quiet than Destin. Our son and his fiance, who were out of college for spring break, stayed here with us for the first time and they loved it. We were a little worried that the water would be too cool to enjoy, but it was warm enough to have fun in and the pools are heated. Our condo, which was C208 was beautifully decorated with comfortable king size pillow top bedding. It was stocked with any cooking utensils you could possibly need. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The beach attendant where chairs are provided each day knew our names and made us feel like family each day. Can't wait until we return here in July!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Liberty City, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Not ever having been to the area we only booked four nights, I wish we would of booked seven. It was so wonderful to look out of our master bedroom and living room and see such beautifulness every morning, evening, and all throughout the day! The view was absolutely gorgeous I can't say it enough! The first day of our stay was cloudy but our view of the ocean was still incredible. We saw dolphins in the ocean everyday, (bring a pair of binoculars). I enjoyed staying in Fort Walton instead of Destin because I don't like crowds. Although our condos were in a line of other condos on the beach, where we stayed did not seem to crowded with people. They say in the summer it does get a lot busier. We stayed in a spacious 3br/3b. All kitchen utensils and cook ware was provited and it was not old junky stuff. All you need to do is bring food, saran wrap etc. They have 4 propane grills and I think 4 charcoal, we used the propane. It's first come first serve. I think they even keep up with cleaning the grills b/c we were surprised it was so clean. We also received a free beach umbrella and 2 chairs everyday of our stay (if you need to rent more there is a charge). And we were given an adult pass to a dolphin cruise in Destin on the Southern Star. It was family friendly, we so enjoyed it and got to see several dolphins in the bay and out in the ocean. (ask about the complimentary adult pass to this one). The ticket for adults is 27. We enjoyed it. If you go on the dolphin cruise make sure you get there 30-45 min early because it gets crowded trying to get on the boat at last minute. For our last minute shopping we shopped at Publix grocery store about a mile away. I think next time we go I will do all my shopping there. It's a little more than wal-mart but it's so easy being right there and it has several different selections of all kinds of foods. I was impressed and I will shop there next time instead of toting food all the way from Tx! lol. There is also free movie rental at the condos. We stayed on the 5th floor. There is a pier two miles down the beach you can walk to or drive to. It cost 2. to walk out onto or you can pay 7.50 to fish. We didn't have fishing equipment, not sure but you probally could rent it. The peir is called Anglers. There is also a restaurant and bar at the Anglers and the beach surrounding looked congested so I would smile when I thought about heading back to my 'low key" condos at The Breakers. During spring break I would definatly recommend the Breakers at Fort Walton Beach because all the partiers are just not there. They are at Destin, or Panama City...

Room Tip: All the rooms at The Breakers have a beach view. They are all great! I would choose a 3rd floor or a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

One of the most incredible places I've ever stayed. Outstanding accommodations for an outstanding value. Entire 2 bed/2 bath condo finished in high end, modern decor. Large balcony with great view of ocean. Beach a little more secluded than some, which is what we were looking for. Good location to go into Fort Walton, Destin or Sandestin. In February, with cleaning fee and taxes included, only $133 per night. Cheaper than any hotel on the beach and so much more!!!

Room Tip: Unit C416 can't be beat!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

We stayed here in the middle of September 2011. Our family - a total of 9 people - stayed in one of the three bedroom condos. It's very spacious, there was plenty of room for all of us. My husband has stayed in many condos in different parts of Florida and he said this was the nicest he's ever stayed at. It was also less expensive than any he's stayed at. We had no complaints with our condo. It was so great to have a full kitchen and washer and dryer. It's very conveniently located, with lots of restaurants just a few minutes away. The balcony is so nice. I'm guessing the time of year we went had something to do with it, but we were amazed at how quiet the hotel and beach was. Maybe not for everyone, but great for us.

The beach is gorgeous, prettiest and softest sand I've ever seen - the only thing is there were tons of jellyfish! We were told that that's a pretty regular thing there. We stayed mostly out of the water because of the amount of jellyfish, but when the waves really started rolling there seemed to be fewer of them so we did finally get in without incident.

A few suggestions: if you want beach pictures, google gwynemark photography. They took pics in Destin and we absolutely LOVED them, Gwyne is wonderful to work with and was excellent with my toddler. He's super shy around strangers, will not get his picture taken in a studio and had a cold - you'd never know it from the pictures. I'm usually very frugal but it was worth every penny. We ate at Fish Lipz on our last night and I DO NOT recommend it. We had a horrible experience. Coach N Four - the restaurant itself nothing special and but the food was good. Fudpuckers - average touristy place, they encourage graffiti which is kind of cute, but there are markings on literally every surface of the restaurant which left me with the feeling that I needed to take a shower.

All in all we loved our trip, even though we only stayed for a long weekend it will be a trip we'll never forget!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton B...
#3 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 252 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront
BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfro...
#4 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 818 reviews
Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Destin- ...
#8 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 748 reviews
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
#5 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 456 reviews
Candlewood Suites Destin - Miramar Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walt...
#2 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 392 reviews

Been to The Breakers at Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!