“Another amazing trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Breakers at Fort Walton Beach

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Walton Beach
The Breakers at Fort Walton Beach
You added The Breakers at Fort Walton Beach to your Saves list
381 Santa Rosa Blvd, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Mississippi
“Another amazing trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed at the Breakers for Spring break and it was wonderful! This is our fourth time staying here and let me say you will never be able to find a more georgeous view and beach area. The beaches are more quiet than Destin. Our son and his fiance, who were out of college for spring break, stayed here with us for the first time and they loved it. We were a little worried that the water would be too cool to enjoy, but it was warm enough to have fun in and the pools are heated. Our condo, which was C208 was beautifully decorated with comfortable king size pillow top bedding. It was stocked with any cooking utensils you could possibly need. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The beach attendant where chairs are provided each day knew our names and made us feel like family each day. Can't wait until we return here in July!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Liberty City, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Not ever having been to the area we only booked four nights, I wish we would of booked seven. It was so wonderful to look out of our master bedroom and living room and see such beautifulness every morning, evening, and all throughout the day! The view was absolutely gorgeous I can't say it enough! The first day of our stay was cloudy but our view of the ocean was still incredible. We saw dolphins in the ocean everyday, (bring a pair of binoculars). I enjoyed staying in Fort Walton instead of Destin because I don't like crowds. Although our condos were in a line of other condos on the beach, where we stayed did not seem to crowded with people. They say in the summer it does get a lot busier. We stayed in a spacious 3br/3b. All kitchen utensils and cook ware was provited and it was not old junky stuff. All you need to do is bring food, saran wrap etc. They have 4 propane grills and I think 4 charcoal, we used the propane. It's first come first serve. I think they even keep up with cleaning the grills b/c we were surprised it was so clean. We also received a free beach umbrella and 2 chairs everyday of our stay (if you need to rent more there is a charge). And we were given an adult pass to a dolphin cruise in Destin on the Southern Star. It was family friendly, we so enjoyed it and got to see several dolphins in the bay and out in the ocean. (ask about the complimentary adult pass to this one). The ticket for adults is 27. We enjoyed it. If you go on the dolphin cruise make sure you get there 30-45 min early because it gets crowded trying to get on the boat at last minute. For our last minute shopping we shopped at Publix grocery store about a mile away. I think next time we go I will do all my shopping there. It's a little more than wal-mart but it's so easy being right there and it has several different selections of all kinds of foods. I was impressed and I will shop there next time instead of toting food all the way from Tx! lol. There is also free movie rental at the condos. We stayed on the 5th floor. There is a pier two miles down the beach you can walk to or drive to. It cost 2. to walk out onto or you can pay 7.50 to fish. We didn't have fishing equipment, not sure but you probally could rent it. The peir is called Anglers. There is also a restaurant and bar at the Anglers and the beach surrounding looked congested so I would smile when I thought about heading back to my 'low key" condos at The Breakers. During spring break I would definatly recommend the Breakers at Fort Walton Beach because all the partiers are just not there. They are at Destin, or Panama City...

Room Tip: All the rooms at The Breakers have a beach view. They are all great! I would choose a 3rd floor or a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

One of the most incredible places I've ever stayed. Outstanding accommodations for an outstanding value. Entire 2 bed/2 bath condo finished in high end, modern decor. Large balcony with great view of ocean. Beach a little more secluded than some, which is what we were looking for. Good location to go into Fort Walton, Destin or Sandestin. In February, with cleaning fee and taxes included, only $133 per night. Cheaper than any hotel on the beach and so much more!!!

Room Tip: Unit C416 can't be beat!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

We stayed here in the middle of September 2011. Our family - a total of 9 people - stayed in one of the three bedroom condos. It's very spacious, there was plenty of room for all of us. My husband has stayed in many condos in different parts of Florida and he said this was the nicest he's ever stayed at. It was also less expensive than any he's stayed at. We had no complaints with our condo. It was so great to have a full kitchen and washer and dryer. It's very conveniently located, with lots of restaurants just a few minutes away. The balcony is so nice. I'm guessing the time of year we went had something to do with it, but we were amazed at how quiet the hotel and beach was. Maybe not for everyone, but great for us.

The beach is gorgeous, prettiest and softest sand I've ever seen - the only thing is there were tons of jellyfish! We were told that that's a pretty regular thing there. We stayed mostly out of the water because of the amount of jellyfish, but when the waves really started rolling there seemed to be fewer of them so we did finally get in without incident.

A few suggestions: if you want beach pictures, google gwynemark photography. They took pics in Destin and we absolutely LOVED them, Gwyne is wonderful to work with and was excellent with my toddler. He's super shy around strangers, will not get his picture taken in a studio and had a cold - you'd never know it from the pictures. I'm usually very frugal but it was worth every penny. We ate at Fish Lipz on our last night and I DO NOT recommend it. We had a horrible experience. Coach N Four - the restaurant itself nothing special and but the food was good. Fudpuckers - average touristy place, they encourage graffiti which is kind of cute, but there are markings on literally every surface of the restaurant which left me with the feeling that I needed to take a shower.

All in all we loved our trip, even though we only stayed for a long weekend it will be a trip we'll never forget!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Stayed at the Breakers for 3 nights. Weather was OK in the low 70's and high 60's. Hotel was a little older and could use updating. The real issue we had was with the AC in our room. We called the front desk to complain and was told the owners of this room had locked the AC so it would not go below 72 degrees. This is OK during the day but at night with all the humidity it was hot in the rooms. This unit is a 3 bed 3 bath unit. Everyone complanined about the heat or lack of AC. The desk said there was nothing they could do about it since it was the owner of the unit that locked the system out. . So I would advise not to stay in unit 601W unless you like to sleep without any covers and still be hot. We also saw another unit 316W that had no AC issues and was much nicer unit. Would never stay here again. Would prefer to go to Destin or San Destin.

Room Tip: 316 W was a nice room. 601W has AC issues and needs updating.
Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
INDIANA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

We have stayed at the Breakers multiple times over the years. Even had our wedding down on the beach there. Hands down the prettiest white sand I've seen anywhere in the US or Carribean. The rooms are always nice and clean. They all face the ocean and the view is awesome. The grounds and pool area are well maintained. Kids and I love the tennis courts.

The area is more laid back then Destin which is right down the road. The biggest complaint I have, and why I gave only four stars, is that years ago they took out the hottub. It can get cold up in the panhandle during winter and we like to travel down between Christmas and New Years. They do heat the pool somewhat, but it's still chilly, and the kids love jumping in and out of a hottub to break the chill. Other that that, the place is perfect. Only about a 10 hr drive from Indiana. We plan to return soon.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Bloomington, Illlinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

We spent four days here around Thanksgiving. It was our first time to the area. The condo was perfect. Great view!!!!! Our one-bedroom condo was very nice, nice furnishings, clean and perfect size. The breakers staff was helpful and efficient. We paid off-season prices so it was great and had great weather. We'd definitely go back. Great places around there.... Helen Back Cafe/Bar, Howl at Moon for some fun in Fort Walton. Tightlines and AJ's in Destin Harbour.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton B...
#3 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 266 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront
BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfro...
#4 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 845 reviews
Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Destin- ...
#8 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 758 reviews
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
#5 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 472 reviews
Candlewood Suites Destin - Miramar Beach
Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin
Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach...
#10 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 965 reviews

Been to The Breakers at Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!