“best fishing pier” 4 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Walton Beach
Leeside Inn and Marina
Save Saved
You added Leeside Inn and Marina to your Saves list
1350 Miracle Strip Pkwy SE, Okaloosa Island, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
“best fishing pier”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2005

Had the best time for the price. Great fishing from pier. Will return often,
enjoyed our vacation.

• Stayed June 2003

Families
Couples
Solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2005

My family and I were happy with our stay here. The rooms are very affordable and clean, and we were close to the beach. I don't think you could find a nicer place in the area for such a low price.

• Stayed March 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2005

Whenever we come to the beach we stay at Leeside and always enjoy our stay. This was our 4th year. If you want a fancy hotel, this isn't. But, if you want a nice, clean beach hotel that doesn't cost you 230$ a night, Leeside can't be beat. It is an amazing location, right across from the most beautiful beach on the Gulf. You don't have to pay so much to stay on the gulf side and it's just as easy to go to the beach. The hotel is also next to Gulf Islands National Seashore reserve. It is land right next to the hotel that is great for walks on the bay. The rooms are pretty standard. The beds are firm, but that's preferable to a mushy, worn out hotel matress anyday. You can get a room with a kitchen for ten dollars extra that has a frig. , microwave, stovetop, and coffee maker. You don't have to pay for ice! Unless you want a bag for a cooler. Ice tokens are left in the room each day and if you want more they give them to you at the front desk. I don't know how someone could give a negative review of this hotel. For the money, in that location, it's perfect. I've always found the family that owns the hotel as well as the housekeepers to be more than friendly and helpful. One time our air conditioner quit working but we were moved to another room so that wasn't a problem. The pool and pool deck area are super nice too unlike other similarly priced hotels that have a little crapy pool on the side of the highway. It's nice to have when it's too windy over at the gulf beach. Anyway, I'd recommend the Leeside Inn to anyone.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2005

This hotel was an absolute dump. First of all, I almost broke my back on the bed. I might as well have been sleeping on a stack of bricks. Don't expect any comfort from the rock hard furniture either. The room came without an alarm clock, microwave, or a fridgerator. You have to go to the front desk to get tokens to use the ice machines and instead of having a fridge in the room, you have to go to the front desk to get a cooler. This was the only hotel I have ever been where there aren't any complimentary toiletries. The walls are paper thin, so I could hear the woman next door beating her child. I had to make a local call, but the phone didn't work and I had to have the desk turn my phone on. It would take forever for the clerk at the front desk to answer the phone. I couln't believe that the rooms cost seventy dollars a night. This hotel looked like it should only cost around forty a night. It more reminded me of the type of hotel where transients and drug dealers live out of. The only good thing about this place was that it was on the beach. If I ever again find myself in the Fort Walton Beach/Destin area and am unable to get into a nicer hotel, I would sooner sleep in my car. At least there I would get a comfortable nights sleep.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2005

I was pleased with my stay at Leeside and plan to stay there again next time I'm in the area. It was a very good hotel for such a low price, definitely the cheapest I came across. I recommend it to anyone who wants a cheap place to stay that is not a dump. It isn't a five star hotel, but it also isn't a five star price. In this case, you get more than you pay for.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2004

Filthy room. Maid service poor. Doesn't include toiletries such as shampoo. Charges for ice to use in your room. Supposed to have ADA-compliant room, which we did not receive. Supposed to have non-smoking room, but room reeked of smoke. Surly night clerk at check-in desk. WARNING: DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed November 2004
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2004

The hotels sits on the bay side of the island...Great view of the marina if you stay on the back side...nice pool...public beach across street and bay beach next door....It was a great trip for a great price.....Also has cafe that serves a good breakfast...beach bar at the marina....fun place.

Been to Leeside Inn and Marina? Share your experiences!