“Great” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: The Emerald Coast Science Center is a hands-on museum for families located on the Fort Walton Beach Landing Park.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
7 attraction reviews
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Good for families with kids of all ages or adults who like science. some of it is a little dated, but fun for a cool or rainy day.

Visited November 2013

Crestview, Florida
“Irritated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I went there with our kids and as soon as you walk in there is a bird in a bird cage...so of course they all run to see the bird...well two of the employes were sitting close to the cage and were constantly nagging at the kids... caught and attitude and told my niece she needed to go back and stand with her mama. These are 6 year old kids and they were doing nothing wrong....I came in expecting it to be fun and kid oriented and apparently this woman did not feel that way. If you don't like kids you shouldnt be working in a place like that. My mood was pretty much ruined after that and we are definitely not going back. I rather spend double the price at a different place than going to there where the customer service sucks.

Visited October 2013
Columbus, OH
4 attraction reviews
“It's not great, but it's not terrible either.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

For our family for three it cost us $15, so it's relatively inexpensive compared to a number of rainy day options.

The facility is out-of-date, but there are enough fun little contraptions to occupy the family for close to an hour or so.

The exhibits are old and mostly basic science, but if you take the time to read and explain these to your child it can be fun. Our daughter is just about seven and it was fun.

Yes it's not the most exciting place, but if you don't want to drop tons of $$ at an arcade, the movies, or bowling, you can survive part of a rainy day at this place.

Visited August 2013
“Not at all worth the money.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

A few of the exhibits didnt work. The place looked like it was thrown together hastily. It wasnt very inviting. One of the doors to the cages was open in the animal area. The door was to the toads cage and there was no lock. It scared me because the other cages had spiders and snakes. We barely stayed 30 minutes. I wont go back.

Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“we had fun- but it was also free”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This place is okay and its cheap. However I would venture to say it may not even be worth the prices. We have a museum reciprocal membership that got us in for free. It is really outdated! But it was a nice way to spend a rainy hour. The park right outside is really nice and my two boys (6&4) really enjoyed that!

Visited July 2013