“Not at all worth the money.” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The Emerald Coast Science Center is a hands-on museum for families located on the Fort Walton Beach Landing Park.
“Not at all worth the money.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

A few of the exhibits didnt work. The place looked like it was thrown together hastily. It wasnt very inviting. One of the doors to the cages was open in the animal area. The door was to the toads cage and there was no lock. It scared me because the other cages had spiders and snakes. We barely stayed 30 minutes. I wont go back.

Visited August 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“we had fun- but it was also free”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This place is okay and its cheap. However I would venture to say it may not even be worth the prices. We have a museum reciprocal membership that got us in for free. It is really outdated! But it was a nice way to spend a rainy hour. The park right outside is really nice and my two boys (6&4) really enjoyed that!

Virginia
10 attraction reviews
“Rainy day last resort alternative”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We have 2 kids, 5 and 8. After 25 minutes they were ready to leave. Science museums are one of our most favorite things to do when we travel or close to home. All science museums are different as well as their offerings. This science center was extremely small, very limited and a bit boring. I would say great for younger kids. Best tip: bring a picnic lunch and after your visit to the museum there is a glorious park with shaded playground right next to the building. Park is on the Bay coastline so a nice crosswind was blowing. The park was the highlight of our visit.

Niceville, Florida
24 attraction reviews
“A second review to discuss ASTC reciprocity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I've already written a review for the ECSC, but I wanted to add another focusing on a side-benefit to being an ECSC member. ECSC is a partner member of ASTC, the Association of Science and Technology Centers. Our family membership at ECSC ($55) gets free or discounted membership at ASTC-partner centers around the world. On a recent visit to Wisconsin, we visited three places where we got free admission via ASTC - The Building for Kids in Appleton (our cost would have been $29), the Paper Discovery Center in Appleton ($12), and Discovery World in Milwaukee ($59.80, but three of us actually visited Discovery World twice so the true savings was $102.65). So, we ended up saving over $100 via ASTC, all for a $55 ECSC membership!

Clarksville, Arkansas
4 attraction reviews
“Kids enjoyed it and learned along the way!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The price was right and my kids enjoyed themselves. They learned a few things as well. I enjoyed it also. My favorite part was the hurricane simulator. You had to pay extra for it, but it was interesting because I've never been in a hurricane. A great way to spend an hour or two out of the sun.