“A great experience customized to my abilities and skill level!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The premier kiteboard shop on the Emerald Gulf Coast.
“A great experience customized to my abilities and skill level!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

A big thanks to Curt and Roger for working with me on a custom lesson tailored to my needs. I came to them with some kiting experience and Roger was more than willing to work with me to quickly review my existing skills/knowledge to the point he felt comfortable moving to the next step. He was very meticulous and explained things very clearly.

Unfortunately, my lesson was cut short by a front that moved in half way through the session. When the wind more than doubled almost instantly, Roger took the kite and tested the conditions. We decided it was just too gusty and with rain moving in decided to hang it up for the day. I'll try to upload a video clip of Roger ripping it while testing the conditions. That was an experience in itself!

Curt offered for me to come back to finish the second half later in the week, but I was unable to make that happened so he refunded half my fee without question. Even though I did not have time to complete all my goals, I still had a great time and knew I was in good hands! Thanks guys!!!

Visited August 2013

“Awsome time !!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just want to give a big thanks to XL Kites Fort Walton,Fl. Booked a 3 day session one session on march 25 and doubled up on the last 2, march 26. The weather brought lots of wind and 39' am temps, warming to about 60' with warm water.

Can't say enough good things about my instructor
Roger, stand up guy with awsome kite experience and not afraid to share all of it with you! Very professional. Thanks Roger !!!

Curt is a very stand up guy too and very helpful with kite info and runs a nice shop. Thanks Curt !!!

Finishing my sessions I def feel comfortable about practicing on my own and trying to improve on what I was taught, by doing it safely. ( Thanks Roger)

Big thanks for topping off my vacation

Pete Z.
Long Island, NY

Rowhedge, Essex
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Excellent team”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Many thanks to Curt and Roger for a great couple of kite boarding lessons. Right from the start when I emailed them they have been 100% professional with great communication. The lessons were really informative seeing as I was a complete novice, I felt safe and very well informed and the only reason I did not get to do the 3rd lesson was that I ran out of time in the area. I would highly recommend these guys, they are great.

Visited March 2013