“Horrible Managment” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Horrible Managment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This place is a joke! They only have one front desk person at any one time and during the day no one was manning the desk. The rooms smelled of mold and you can see black mold coming out of the vents! The beds are old and very uncomfortable and the furniture is old. I thought they renovated! Apparently only the bayside rooms have new furniture! There was a lady behind the desk wearing a bikini, seemed to be on drugs and was flashing the guests! I don't know who runs this place but it was the most unprofessional hotel I have ever stayed at! Will not recommend!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I'll always stay here if I'm in town. The last time I checked in, the door was already opened for me?? Hmmmm

The view is always wonderful and the renovations make the stay really comfortable.

Several co workers have concerns about this hotel and won't stay but this was before renovations started.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Richmond, Kentucky, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I will start with pointing out that Andrania at the front desk is the superstar of this hotel. She and the rooms are the only reason I rate this hotel a 3 instead of a one or two. We checked in on Friday and was amazed at the size of the room and everything inside. My wife and I was impressed and was looking forward to a great weekend there. We went to get our bags from the car and was entering in a side door behind what appeared to be a maintenance crew. The door was pulled shut right in front of us by one of the crew and we were told we had to use our key to get in. Normally you only see this at night but I understand the concern for security, however as we were standing there loaded down with bags, it was a pretty safe bet we were guest. Then the same person notices someone had tape the latch so the door would not secure. He ripped the tape off to make sure it latched. Again, good security so I really cant fault him too much for that, but there is more on this later.
Once in the room and unpacked, we decided to go to the pool and thats where it went down hill. When we got to the pool the gate was latched and locked on one end. We went to the other end and noticed the latching device on the gate was disabled and opened and closed freely with no latching for child safety, Looking at the pool there was some debrie in the bottom but not a lot and a automatic vacuum with a long hose was running on the bottom. The only problem was it was connected to a extension cord cord that ran across the pool deck. Looking at the top of water there some kind of oily sheen floating on the water. Then looking at the sides of the pool under the water line there seemed to be something growing like moss or something of that nature that a good brushing probably would have cleaned off. We decided to try and get in and noticed the hand rail on the steps side appreared to be rusted completely loose and was moving from side to side. At this point we decided to talk to the front desk and point these things out. The called the maintenance "manager", who turned out to be the person that required us to use the room card to get into the building. My first thought was very good, this guy is a stickler for the rules and will at least try to resolve some of the things that needed to be resolved. Well this was way far from what happened. First the locked gate at the pool. His comment is we lock this on purpose. Odd but ok. Next was the gate at the other end with the child safety latch disengaged. His response is they require children to be with a parent at all times so it wasn't needed. As this is getting long, he stated the sheen is from the sap on the trees, the vacuum runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, they test the water every day and he had no answer for the hand rail. He asked me if I was some kind of OSHA inspector and why I felt like I needed to ask these questions. I answered no just pointing stuff out due to this being the first real day of the summer season and I figured they would want the pool to be perfect. He again asked me if I was some kind of OSHA inspector and started getting a little aggressive. That's when I suggested we just go talk to the GM and this was going no where. He stated OK lets do that. We will go right to the office. Fair enough. That's when he grabbed a young man off the front desk and said this is the person I need to talk to. I asked the young man if he was the GM and he stated the maintenece manager was actually his boss. I advised him this was going no where and I would deal with it on the corporate level. I went back to my room and called the customer support number for the choice hotels chain and after a while, Adriania from the front desk issued a full refund and all I had to do was turn in my room cards. Again she was a superstar in customer service. They need to make sure and hang on to her. Going back to the tape on the lock of the side door, she was the one taping it up because it was malfunctioning and was unable to open from the inside making it a fire safety hazard. Strange she knew about it but the maintenance manager did not. Anyway I was told by the person on the 800 line the GM would respond with an email and a phone call within 72 hours. Not surprisingly, I got neither one. Again, I did get my money back, but I had to go all the way to Panama City to find somewhere else to stay and cut my vacation short by a day. Ruined a perfect vacation up to this point. Also all the locks and cords were a violation
of Fla health laws. CHAPTER 64E-9 PUBLIC SWIMMING POOLS AND BATHING PLACES. I may not be an OSHA inspector but I can research the internet.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Blountsville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stated hotel newly renovated 2014, not the case. Still construction. At check-in, the clerk smelled strongly of alcohol, took 10 minutes to check in because had to keep repeating information to him. Room was dirty, things missing from room. Wires in floor with plate over it, but not latched down and other wires/cables loose about room. Not a good atmosphere for a crawling baby. Doors to outside jammed, had to call lock smith to fix one, the other never got fixed. They could not find key to lock one of the gates to the pool. No towels available to swap out at night when needed. Breakfast was a joke!! No fruit any day, very little to choose from. Had no meat on Saturday or Sunday, but did have yogurt which was not available other days. Juice was very watered down on Sunday, and where hot breakfast items should be was boiled eggs only. Wi-fi was really bad, kept dropping when you could even get connected. Was down Friday and they had to place a service call. That really didn't help, it was still terrible. I have stayed at many of the Choice Hotels in my travels, but hands down, this was the very worst stay ever!!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I booked this hotel on Hotwire, so I was a bit nervous about what I my stay would be like. Overall it was very nice. The renovation is beautiful, the rooms are spacious and everything was very clean. Staff was helpful and friendly. The beds were a little hard, but not the worst. My only complaint is that the breakfast was really subpar. I ended up keeping some of my own food in my room. The coffee was good, though!

I loved that it was right on the bay. I definitely enjoyed the view.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
QualityInnBayside, General Manager at Quality Inn Bayside, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We relish the opportunity to receive feedback from guests like you. All comments good or bad are taken very seriously and acted upon immediately. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Newly renovated spacious room; private beach on the sound with a fire pit; fishing dock and boat slip; and Waffle House and Red Lobster sharing the same parking lot. Easy access to US 98 to all beaches.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We were happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and will share this with our staff members as an encouragement so that they will continue to provide all of our guests with exceptional customer service. We look forward to seeing you again.

Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After an idiotic exp with another hotel near there, I called quality in desperation for a room. We had just driven 10 hrs from Shreveport, La and were extremely tired, only to find out there were unforeseen issues with the previous hotel, nevertheless, Quality was the next item on our list. Working in the hospitality industry, hotel receptionist to be exact, I knew about Quality hotels and how they were always pleasant. However, I was not expecting this. Tom was the front desk receptionist's name, and I tell you what, this dude delivered!! He gave me a wonderful rate after hearing about our ridiculous incident, we were super stoked. He went above and beyond what was expected. Then came the room. And the view. Listen to me when I tell you that our room (double queen room) was to die for. The decor and recently renovation was awesome, the beds and pillows were like little puffs of heaven. I've never slept so soundly, ever. Not even in my own bed. The room came with a mini fridge and microwave, sink, and writing desk. There was a sunken in wall 32 in flat screen tv that WORKED! lol. The room attendants were friendly, and provided us with fresh sheets and towels, made our beds without us even requesting, I loved that. It was totally a no fuss stay. Now, lets talk about this private pier and waterfront access. We were on the sound, so the water wasn't as pretty as the ones in Destin and Navarre, but it was peaceful, filled with wildlife and fish and quiet!! QUIET!!!!! My friend and I poured us a cup of something special and took in the night breeze and calmness of the water and area. Made friends with "slinder man" a crane that nearly came up to us as well as several ducks and geese. Totally serene. We are planning another trip for the middle of August with more people, and WE WILL BE STAYING HERE AGAIN!! I believe that all of these fine folks need a raise or a bonus on their checks!!

Renee V.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
QualityInnBayside, General Manager at Quality Inn Bayside, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We relish the opportunity to receive feedback from guests like you and I am very excited to share this with our staff members so they will continue to strive in providing all of our guests with exceptional customer service. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.

(850) 275-0300

Been to Quality Inn Bayside? Share your experiences!