“Making improvements” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Sun City Center, Florida
“Making improvements”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We stayed for one weeknight in November, the off season. They have two buildings, both on the water, one I'll call the Main, with the reception, and the second, which is broadside to the water. Since we were there in the off season, there we not many people staying there. Our building, the broadside building, had a great view of the water and had been recently rennovated. It appears that everything in the room is new. It has the tile that looks like rustic wood rather than carpet, which is the latest style, and, perhaps more practical for a room with children running in and out with wet sandy feet in the summer.

The WIFI was a little weak. I had to use my phone as a Hotspot on first try.

The thermostat that controlled the heat was not working correctly, and the bedside clock was not working. It was unplugged - so housekeeping should have caught that problem. I reported both to the gentleman at the desk in the morning. He was very receptive.

The breakfast was in line with the Comfort breakfasts.

The young lady who checked us in on 12/8/14 was very helpful and energetic. When we arrived, she was scurrying around. She brought us a luggage cart. She is 5 star.

Overall, we were very happy with our stay and would stay here again. If the WIFI were better, the thermostat working correctly, and had house keeping replaced the clock, I would have given 5 stars.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
FortWaltonQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Bayside, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We relish the opportunity to receive positive feedback from guests like you. We are still in the process of making changes and I was excited to read that our guests are happy as well. We will use this as an encouragement to our staff so that they continue to strive in providing all of our guests with superior customer service. We look forward to seeing you again.

Quality Inn Bayside
850-275-0300

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Melbourne Beach, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This motel is in the process of re-doing all of their rooms and we stayed in the newly done building which is right on the beach. FINALLY a place that is smart enough to use tile on the hallways and rooms especially with the sand. Rooms are done in a very modern look with fridge (decent size), microwave and coffeemaker. Off season rates were very reasonable I think around 75.00 for a king. Breakfast with the usual Choice Rewards one that they all serve.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room that has been renovated.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
FortWaltonQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Bayside, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Customer feed back is an integral part of our customer service program and we relish the opportunity to interact with travelers like you. We are so happy you have noticed some of the positive changes we have made and we will share this with our team members as an encouragement. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are visiting our area.

Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had not visited the property in a few years. It has made some positive changes. The refurbished rooms are spacious, and comfortable. The view of the bay is beautiful. I was very impressed with many of the staff, beginning with Michelle, the GM, and Tracy, and Bill. Everyone was very courteous, and professional, and handled all matters with a smile, even, when the weather was not cooperating. I am a Choice Hotels Privileges member, and would recommend this venue for a nice quiet stay, to a beautiful area.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We relish the opportunity to receive positive feedback from guests like you and we will share this with our team members as an encouragement so that they will continue to provide all of our guests with superior customer service. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are visiting our area.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

Doorlock cards take some getting used to. Phone didn't work. WiFi did. Room was large, redecorated with nice window treatment. Breakfast was alright. Very few guests that night. Restaurants adjacent to motel.

Room Tip: Bayside rooms are nice, away from highway.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
QualityInnBayside, Manager at Quality Inn Bayside, responded to this review, October 31, 2014
Good afternoon Mr Sir Douglas 007,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are very excited about our renovation and glad you enjoyed our property. Hope to see you back soon.

Edie
Sales Manager
Yorktown, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

What was supposed to be a quick romantic weekend getaway turned out to be a nightmare.

I reserved a king room and upon arrival the only room they had for us was a room with double beds. I was still charged the same amount and received no concessions whatsoever for the "bait and switch". The couple checking in just ahead of me had the exact same problem with not being given the room they reserved. The front desk guy had an "oh well -- nothing I can do about it attitude" about the whole thing. I'm a Choice Privileges member so I try to stay at these hotels when I travel. However, had I known that I would not have had a king bed so my gal and I could sleep together, I would never have made this reservation in the first place.

Making matters worse was the condition of the room itself. I stayed in room #119. Trash was piled up on the outside grounds right by the side entry exterior door. The room door would not latch unless pushed/pulled hard to engage it (first safety concern). The mirror in bathroom was cracked and had sharp edges as a result (second safety concern). The soap holder at the top of the shower was completely loose (heavy ceramic so this was the third safety concern). The caulking within the shower enclosure looks like a complete amateur did it with their finger. Multiple areas of caulking and grout were mildew stained. The shower curtain had mildew on it. The main window was fogged (compromised seal). The room had a mildew like smell to it. The mattresses were so uncomfortable that we got up at 3:30am on our second night and checked out early because we just couldn't take it anymore.

Yes, the room was large in size. Yes, there was a continental breakfast available but after seeing the issues with the room I was afraid to eat anything for fear of what kind of condition their kitchen would have been in.

I will never stay at this hotel again and quite frankly after receiving zero concessions for the "bait and switch" I am considering never using any Choice hotel again. At over $170 per night, I expected much better. I realize it may not be fair to hold all Choice hotels accountable for the bad experience I had at just one. However, this experience makes me question the commitment that Choice has to their customer service and facilities.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here unless there is a major overall of the building, management, and staff.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
FortWaltonQuality, General Manager at Quality Inn Bayside, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Stephen,
The hotel is providing excellent service and rooms that are totally renovated in our second building. As you were in the Main building, these rooms are not totally completed yet. The hotel would have been pleased to put you in another room regardless of the time.
I hope to see you and your wife back at the hotel and look forward to personally hearing from you and having you enjoy our accommodations.
Have a great day!
Lawrence Nobles
Ft. Smith
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The stay was fantastic! We had a great view from the room I stayed in, and the beds were comfy! The flooring was very pretty! The bathroom floors can get dirty fast, so I suggest putting towels on the ground or somethin like that! The bay was fun to hang around in too! The house keepers were on time for towels that we asked for, which was good. Nice updates on the rooms their nice!! The stay was good! Would recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

When we checked in the check in process was good. Courtney at the front desk was very nice and helpful. We were traveling with stand up paddle boards so I was concerned with the size of the room- should we need to bring them in. She assured me our room would be a large room and she was right! Probably one of the largest rooms we have ever stayed in. Our room was "newly remodeled" which I guess meant new floors? Not sure but everything else looked not so new. There was a large duct taped place in the floor- which I thought was strange. The furniture is old in the room and our bedspread had some stains on it. Also the bathroom tub was very old it seemed. The first day our room was not cleaned and we had to go down and ask for more towels - which is obviously a big deal because they only gave us one! Haha. The second morning someone was obviously locked in their room next door which resulted in men banging loud crowbars, hammers, etc on the door. I was glad I wasn't the one locked in my room, though, so remained positive about that. We were approached by some very sketchy men in the parking lot- not sure if they were guests or just hanging out- but it did feel a little strange. All this being said, for the price and a last minute trip it was really OK. Just ask for a "remodeled" room if you go here because if this is a remodeled room I can't imagine what the non remodeled rooms are like!

Stayed July 2014

Been to Quality Inn Bayside? Share your experiences!