“Pretty good place” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
“Pretty good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Amy at the front desk was awesome and very pleasant helped out a lot without any hesitation.smoking rooms not the greatest smelling but non smoking rooms were very clean.Breakfast was verygood.In a nice location close to beaches and shopping

• Stayed April 2013

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Welland, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I paid 106.56 total for my room on a weekday-Not horrible but-The carpet has black marks all over it & was dirty-I had a non-smoking room but my bedspread had a visible cigarette burn on it- One of the dresser drawers had a broken pull & another would not close once it was opened. The inn had a beautiful water view from some of the rooms and parts of the place were being renovated. My safe in my room was rusty and had peeling paint- Poor quality for the price.

St. Simons Island, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was In FWB on business for two nights so I wasn't interested in beach/waterfront (although there are bay view rooms available) so the value in comparison to others in the immediate area is very good. HOWEVER, it is an old facility with the old smoking rooms. The hallways have the constant odor of disinfectant and air "freshener". The rooms are very large, beds are good, with decent linens, but the TV's are definitely "your father's TV"....or maybe grandfather's.
The staff I encountered were very friendly, most particularly the breakfast "hostess" who provides a huge assortment of hot and cold items.
I'm fairly picky about feeling comfortable with a clean room and I did not feel good about this one when I found an empty plastic cup on the the bathroom floor upon arrival. Then when she failed to replenish the coffee and cups for our second day I feel that perhaps we just got a slack housekeeper. The age of the property is the real culprit.
It would be a good place to come with a boat, as a boat launch is there on the property, as well as a dock. A nice picnic area with grills is also right on the water. But....the west side of the motel practically shares a parking lot with Red Lobster.
Soooooo, even though I have lots of negatives, the price was the driving factor and for my needs I would return. I would just make sure I have my slippers for the room :)

Room Tip: Inquire about the location of smoking rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Well I'm gonna start off with the good. I loved the breakfast, which was the belgain waffles, but they also had other great selections as well. The people were nice and let me get my package sent to the hotel. The bed was nice and clean and comfy. And the king bed is extremely big. I told my husband that we are not investing in one because he could sleep so far from me. The carpet was pretty dirty. And a lot of things about it was dirty but from all the inn's I've stayed in this one was pretty nice. The Walsh are quite thin and could hear children all day. And the house keeping takes forever and seems to want to hurry u out. I wanted to sleep in past 11 am since my husband is in training and wasn't finished with his duty day but the house keeping kept knocking over and over on my door to do nothing but make my bed and bring in one towel.because I brought my own. They are really eager to get the job done but really pushy. It smelt like cigarettes in the hall,but in my room it didn't smell like it.

• Stayed April 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Staff unfriendly at check in. The room number of my room was written in pencil on the door! I went out to the car to get something and found housekeeping going through my things.... Dirty smelly...worst place I have stayed!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

This was a good hotel for the price. The complimentary breakfast was great, especially the service from Ms. Samaria Lopez--she was very gracious and cheery every day of our stay! Sometimes the front desk staff were unavailable for a while even when I rung the bell. But overall good hotel for the cost and in a descent location if you have a car. Too far from Destin beaches if you don't.

• Stayed March 2013
Crestview, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The front desk staff was very pleasant and the view from our room was nice but that's about the only compliments I can give the hotel. We were put in a room overlooking the bay which was lovely but it was very musky, suppose to be a nonsmoking room but there were burn marks everywhere. The tv was one of the huge old school tvs; again burn marks on the top of it. If you're in a pinch, you'll survive here but you'd probably rather not.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn Bayside? Share your experiences!