“Renovated Room, Overpriced” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   676 Santa Rosa Blvd, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
San Antonio, Texas
“Renovated Room, Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Villa 1 G was a tastefully decorated 2BR condo on the bottom floor. The smell of fresh paint and sandy beaches was very welcome to this weary wayfarer . However, the room was advertised as having a beach view. I do not consider a window 80% covered by sandune a beach view. The most egregious item was the lack of phone and internet. We called the 1-800-TALK- TO- INDIA Wyndam number, but did not get any results. The lady of the line said "well the owner probably did not pay their bill." Tacky..yes!? As a well traveled soul, I'm am not used to lack of staff being on duty, calling for major problems and etc. Although the place was beautiful, I would not recommend...especially for 250.00 an night!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Clarksville, Tennessee, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Having a wonderful time with my bride of 23 years. First trip without the "are we there yets". We watched the dolphins swim, stingrays play, fish feed on minnows, sailfish jump, and "of course" the sunrise and sunset. The water is truly emerald and the beaches are so soft and clean. The condo was ok for the 2 of us. TV was a bit small, bed a little uncomfortable, but overall not bad. I wish the condo had a Jacuzzi for guests to use. We were in 3P and couldn't complain. It wasn't perfect, but it was cozy.

Room Tip: A/C a bit noisy, faucets dripped, bring slippers because the floors are tile. A mattress pad is nee...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just spent a very relaxing Labor Day Weekend at the Island Echos. Check-in was a breeze and Manuel was very hospitable, jovial and full of helpful information. We stayed in 4P and the condo was lovely. Smell was a bit musty at first but just a few hours of occupancy cleared the air. Condo was very well equipped and clean. Jason was very helpful at the beach as well and always found the perfect spot for our relaxation needs. This facility was everything we were looking for with regard to a relaxing weekend. The free movie rental was a nice bonus as well. The balcony provided leisurely time viewing and listening to the ocean. We were able to watch dolphins playing and fishing pelicans each morning. My only suggestion to the property would be to provide a recycling center of some kind. It breaks my heart to have to put recyclables in the trash. Other than that - wonderful place!

Room Tip: We had an end room that was perfect - but did not have to ask - I would request this when booking ag...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mustang, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Over the last few years I have stayed in several condos all over for dive trips and the condo we rented was great, the view was awesome and it was great to walk from our room to the beach in just a minute. I'll just break down the pros and cons.
Pros:
-On the beach
-Washer/dryer in room or laundry room available
-Free DVD rentals (like redbox and it did have newer movies)
-Clean and updated look and appliances
-Nice pool
-Rooms kept out a lot of outside noise
-Easy parking

Cons:
-You will need dishwashing soap, trash bags, paper towels, and toilet paper for a long stay
-Kitchen pantry items (salt, pepper, etc.)
-If you like sitting on the beach early in the morning or watching the sunset bring your own chair,
the ones provided were set up at random times in the am and removed several hours before
sunset.
-Told we could check out beach towels but never found out where to get them

We enjoyed our stay and feel that the condo was a good price, clean and the staff great. We have already started planning the next vacation there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Property is quite nice. Staff is very helpful and attentive. I asked for a 1st floor condo because I have a disability. I got a 2nd floor condo, but it was an accessible condo. There is a "cleaning fee" of $80-180 depending on the size of the condo. Condo was large but musty. I opened up a Renuzit to fix that. Clean, but needed updating(2A). Kids did fine on the sofa bed. Gulf view from patio was awesome. Beach staff was nice. You will get 2 beach chairs and umbrella. We enjoyed ourselves. For the price I think I might try a resort with newer condos next time ,though. Our unit didn't have a washer/dryer, which would have helped, although there are washers and dryers on the way to the pool.. You will need dishwashing detergent, trash bags, paper towels, and toilet paper if you plan on staying more than 3 or so days.

Room Tip: 1st floor beach view is probably of dunes, so you may want to request 2 or higher if you want gulf v...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Gray, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This condo was wayoverpriced for what you get. We stayed in 6L and it was filthy. Over a thousand dollars for the weekend and we couldn't even use the kitchen, because it was so disgusting. One drawer had tons of crumbs in it and was literally falling out. The bathroom was full of hair. There were capri sun straw wrappers stuck to the coffee table and "gunk" in the couch cushions. Thank goodness the weather was beautiful, so we could stay outside. I wore shoes anytime I was inside.

Room Tip: The view from all condos is amazing. Very close to the beach so no big deal when you need something.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My family and I came down for our annual family reunion. This is our second time at this location and the one thing we continue to love is the direct view of the ocean. However, I was appalled at the amount of money they wanted for 3 nights (I belive it was over $1000.00 for a three bedroom). I have rented homes that were lower than this for a longer period of time. The process of obtaining a room is difficult. We got there earlier than the check-in time and had to wait over 4 hours to get in the room when we were told it would be rushed. The room was nice and had some of the things needed. However, as mentioned, only 1 roll of toliet paper, no dishwashing liquid, cheap bathroom soap, not enough trash bags. The resort view is amazing but I may want to look into other options next year.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 1st. floor if you want to see the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Island Echos Condominiums? Share your experiences!