“Great place, awesome location!” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Walton Beach
Marina Motel
Save Saved
You added Marina Motel to your Saves list
1345 Hwy. 98E, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #18 of 30 hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Alexander
“Great place, awesome location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2006

I didn't choose to stay at the Marina Motel. I was forced to stay there when I was on a temporary duty assignment at Eglin Air Force Base and there were no rooms available on base. I am so glad I got to stay there. The staff was great and I never wanted for anything. The location is awesome. I mean where else can you walk 100 yards to a big marina and bay and 300 yards (even if it's across a busy highway) to a beautiful beach? Not only was it better than staying on base, but it was on of the best places I've ever stayed. I was offered orange roughy for dinner one night by the owners... how cool is that!?!? After several months of being there, I had to come back home, but I sent the staff a Christmas card and I know if I'm ever down that way again, I'll be begging to stay at the Marina Motel.

• Stayed August 2002, traveled on business

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Couples
Solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2004

I am a member of Fairview Fishin Club , and our club members as well as our famileys stay at Marina motel three to five times a year. As well as keep our 38' boat at the dock. They also have great reats on the dock as well as the rooms. I strongly recamend thair accomadations.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2004

I have stayed at the marina motel every time we came to the destin/ ft walton area. It has always been great. At first we were a little weary of staying there... but appearance on the outside isn't always what you think!! Marina Motel was great! It was clean.. the staff was extrememly nice to us. The pool was clean and working... clean towels... clean sheets... tv, phone, cable...etc... They even put us up a baby bed (10.00 extra though)... very nice place to stay... hope we get to go back to FLA this year, too-- You know we'll stay at M/M!!!!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2004

My husband and I stayed here for three days in early March. The staff was efficient, friendly and provided great suggestions for restaurants.
Loved the peace and quiet and spent a lot of time "at the back" watching the herons, pelicans, and boat traffic. The walk across the highway to the beach is a little daunting but there is a middle area to stand and wait for a break.The Magnolia Grill in Fort Walton Beach built in 1910 from a Sears Roebuck kit is a must see.If we're ever down this way again, we'd certainly stay at the Marina Motel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2003

We have stayed at the Marina for the last three years on our vacation to Destin. We were so pleased the first trip with the price and the quality of the motel...we don't even try to find another place. This year we took our 6 year old granddaughter with us...when we got to Nashville Tn., on the way home, she discovered we had left flipper...a stuffed animal she had for many years, I called and they had found him already, they shipped him and he beat us home. We love to go and find a nice clean room at a affordable price.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2003

We stayed at the Marina Motel. We were a little nervous but once we got there we were so happy that we had picked to stay there. We paid 50-75% less than some of the average hotel chains. It as nice and clean and everyone was very friendly. We got married across the street and it is located conviently to restraunts. It is right on the bay and across from the beach. It is hard to get across the street as Hwy 98 is very busy. But we couldn't complain because everything else made up for it especially the $$$. We hightly recomment it and will always book our stay there when we visit Ft Walton Beach.

Prince Edward Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2002

Great value for your money. Clean, friendly, great location, nice ambiance.

Been to Marina Motel? Share your experiences!