“The worst hotel I've every stayed in. Period.” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Walton Beach
Bayside Inn
Save Saved
You added Bayside Inn to your Saves list
314 Miracle Strip Pkwy, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548 (Formerly Rodeway Inn)   |
Ranked #21 of 30 hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“The worst hotel I've every stayed in. Period.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

I know this sounds too bad to be real, but I promise it is...

There were pictures of a different hotel on Orbitz, so I booked it. (They later changed the pictures) They advertised wireless Internet, but not that you had to go to the hotel office to use it -- no Internet in the rooms. My room smelled, had cigarette burns on the bed spread, a greasy film covered the furniture, rotting meat stank in the trash can outside. Families with shirtless barefoot children partied in the parking lot outside my room until well after midnight.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

well.. A guy knocked on our door and said he had just stayed there and left something there. We let him in. He was looking for his drugs he had left there. After he had left , we looked and found drug paraphenalia behind the bed. There was also marijuana all over the floor. The bathroom was disgustingly dirty and I went and bought a bleach cleaner to clean it myself.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Virgina Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2008

At check in Mr. Preston was very nice. But, the next day when i decided to stay over, I spoke with a lady at the front desk, and she was very rude. She treated me like I was some kind of criminal or something. When I went to give her my credit card #, she treated me as if I was using someone else's credit card. She was not very nice at all. I wish I knew her name but she didn't have a name tag on and she didn't tell me her name. As for the room, It needs to be updated. It needs new furniture, bedding and it smells moldy. The room was not worth the price, and they even gave a discounted rate, and it still wasn't worth it.

• Liked — Mr. Preston, first front desk clerk was very nice.
  • Disliked — Lady clerk, room old
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2008

I called the Quality Inn, which is next store to the Bay Side Inn.
They said they don't take pets, and we were going there because of hurricane Gusto. The operator said the only two hotels that take animals are Bayside Inn and Fairway Inn. I said which do you recommend. She said the Bayside Inn and here is the phone number. I thought it was strange she knew the phone number so well. I found out later the owner of the Quality Inn owns the Bayside Inn too. The bad points to the Bayside Inn was the office closes at 11:00 p.m. so I had to pick up the key at the Quality Inn. So if you have a need after 11:00 what do you do? I walked over to the Quality Inn. The ice machines did not work so I again walked over to the Quality Inn. The next morning I went over to the Quality Inn because the office was closed again and there was a nice free breakfast which the Bayside did not offer. The Bayside was very old, the air cond. wasn't on when we arrived at 4:00 a.m. and it was a little hot and musty. The air cond. did not work well. Every time I walked over to the Quality Inn I felt I was sleeping in the servants quarters, at the Bayside, and at the Quality Inn there were dogs everywhere, they made exceptions because of the hurricane. I was upset and went to speak to the manager, who was very rude and had no pity on me. I paid a little less to stay at Bayside and I know it would have been worth it to pay a little more and stay at the Quality Inn. I would not stay at this hotel again. It was not worth the money I paid to stay there. I read the previous reviews after I made my reservations and I was a little nervous after reading them about going there, but I didn't have much of a choice with all the hotels booked up. I went there wanting to leave and give a good reveiw and I told the manager this, but she was so rude there is no way I can honestly give this hotel a good review. I believe in Fort Walton Beach you can find better for the money you would pay to stay here.

• Liked — Front desk help Chris and Sam were very nice.
  • Disliked — Management, office closing and hot musty when arrived, not worth money we paid.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Springdale AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

Ok - it's small but it's quiet. The rooms are large and it has a microwave and small fridge. They have a beautiful pool and courtyard and it's just a quick walk to the Waffle House and a little longer walk to Red Lobster. Very close to the beach and the Strip. I will stay there again and I will recommend it to others. The only small complaint is, the doors were hard to open, but being on the water.... wood swells.

Stayed May 2008
OC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2008

by far the worste hotel ive stayed at. I felt like it was a place that gets rented out hourly and I just felt dirty. Our lights flickered in the room when they were on too. pretty freaky.

Ali S., Founder <a href="http://www.prapta.com">Prapta.com</a>

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sioux City, Ia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2008

It was HORRIBLE! I had young children with me and the person checking us in was swearing then saying oh, sorry don't want to offend anyone! OVER AND OVER!

Our room! OH MY, open the door to the nasty smell of must! That room had the worst musty smell ever!! The sheets were NOT on the bed all the way that is cause they didn't fit! The bathtub was full of hair. The floor was full of hair.

Phone didn't work, no phonebook! They are keeping you here! Maybe you will clean up the dead lizard that has fallen to shreds when you try to get rid of it.

The toilet had the last guys leftovers in it. It was just not a good hotel!!!!

• Disliked — it was just bad!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Bayside Inn? Share your experiences!