“Nice walk along the pier” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Wharfs/ Piers/ Boardwalks
Attraction Details
Corydon, Indiana, United States
“Nice walk along the pier”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My family and I were thinking about fishing(we are not fisherman) but thanks to the staff member, he said to take a walk on the pier first to see if anything was being caught. We enjoyed the morning just walking along the pier, watching the pros and we even got to see several dolphins and a sea turtle. Better show than SeaWorld!

Visited October 2013

Georgia, USA
“Okaloosa Pier Fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I love Okaloosa pier fishing. I believe that it's $2.00 or $3.00 to walk the pier. I only go there to fish, and that's $7.50 this year (2013). I have been several times and have always caught fish. The Spanish mackerel and King mackerel are great fighters and good to eat. I hear that you can get sheepshead and pompano and red drum here as well as a lot of other fish that aren't so good for eating. Don't pay for the dolphin cruises, come to the pier, pay your walking fee and get within 20 feet of the dolphins. They're everywhere, much to the fishers chagrin. During the handful of times that I've been I've also seen several large sea turtles, lots of pelicans and herons and an occasional 7 to 8 foot hammer head shark. The staff have always been courteous and and are usually good at providing information. This is definitely an amazing location and a family friendly area!

Visited October 2013
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee
15 attraction reviews
“Great...Long Pier”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Great is the only word I can think of.One of the longest piers in the U.S...very reasonable price to fish and I think it's only $1.00 to walk out on it.You can buy your bait there or rent your gear to fish.When we were there in September 2013 they were catching a good amount of different fish such as Amberjack and many different ones! Go, you won't be disappointed.

Murchison, Texas, USA
15 attraction reviews
“ate lunch then strolled around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

this is a public pier with restaurants, beach and some shops. We ate at the Crab Trap then strolled around and looked in some shops.. really layed back.. volley ball net on the beach.. easy parking.

Reevesville sc
“Loved the Pier”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

On recent vacation on Okaloosa Island, we visited the pier several times. So well worth the $2.00 fee per person to walk & watch. My husband & I were very courteous to the folks busy fishing, & they in turn were so friendly & nice to us. And that was true each & every time. Loved the up close view of the many dolphin, various species of fish, occasional sting-rays, sea turtles, etc. Water was beautiful & clear during our stay from Sept 7-15. The pier offers beautiful views of both the gulf & the beach itself.