“Nice location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 30 hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Ravenna, Kentucky
“Nice location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Our room wasn't ready when we arrived but we were early. The lady at the front desk was really nice and allowed us to use the bathrooms to change so we could visit the beach while we waited. This hotel is right on the beach with a great access point. There is a water station to spray the sand off yourself before going back to your room. We didn't have a beach view but we did have a door to our room that led outside so it wasn't far at all. The wifi wasn't good at all, I couldn't get it to work long enough to load more than my homepage. The room was clean, beds were amazingly comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014

322 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Hotel located on the beach, private access, almost all rooms have beach view (at least partial). Staff extremely friendly, helpful, and efficient. Great family location. Clean rooms, hearty breakfast!

Mount Washington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

When we got there we had to wait hours due to our room was occupied well after the checkout time. The room was clean and tidy when we finally got it. Most of the hotel staff was friendly. The breakfast bar was great and food was good. The grounds of the hotel was clean and tidy, including the pool and beach. The internet was nonexistent, I couldn't even use my laptop to do work that was needed to be done.

Battle Ground, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We had a wonderful time at this hotel. Very helpful staff. Breakfast host was the most pleasant man. He was so helpful and happy. What a wonderful man. He made GREAT food. I would be proud of how he made all of the breakfast experience. The whole place exceded our expectations.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Great beach hotel and it's only a short drive to Destin.

The front desk clerk was very busy with several customers and answering calls when we arrived. In spite of all the juggling, she remained upbeat, cheerful, and never lost her composure.

Although I had requested an upper level room with a beach view, none were available when we checked in. Our room was #148 and the desk clerk, knowing I wanted to view the beach, told us we have direct access to the beach. Initially I was disappointed to be on the first floor but was pleasantly surprised and very happy once I saw our room. It was very spacious, quiet and just a few steps away from the bridge that led to the beach. In addition, said bridge has a shower and hose for rinsing before returning to your room.

Staff was very nice, informative and attentive throughout our 4 day visit. Small repair to bath tub drain was made immediately upon request. Towels were generously given and that's great when you're so close to the water. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Great coffee!

Cons: They need a new wifi system. We kept getting kicked off and had to log back in quite a bit. (I guess it was telling us to get off the system and go outside and enjoy the sand and surf. LOL!)

I rated cleanliness as "Very Good" and not "Excellent" only because of our close proximity to the beach and sand can be difficult to keep at bay. Not for lack of trying from the hotel staff. We're right on the beach for goodness sakes! ;-)

I would stay here again and, for someone who always likes to be upstairs, will probably request the same room!

Room Tip: Only ten rooms directly face the beach. First floor (we were in Room 148) has a small dune which pa...
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

A little run down with an OK breakfast but the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Problem is, that a $200+ hotel should be more than OK. I have a problem with a hotel charging this much, and then charging to rent a chair/umbrella on the beach. They also set out the chairs to cover every inch of space on the waterline in front of hotel - might be nice to leave a few gaps for others from the hotel to use. Pool looked very nice, but we didn't use it (went to the beach). Lots of nice places to eat within easy distance to drive (or even walk to several). Old Bay Steamer and Black Pearl were excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Folsom Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this particular location. Michelle (management) was absolutely AMAZING! She needs to be duplicated, I wish every single business on this earth had management like her. She was accomodating as well as attentive to my needs. The breakfast staff was WONDERFUL as well. Yes I will stay at this location again and yes I will recommend it to family and friends. The rooms are renovated and contemporary absolutely beautiful!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach? Share your experiences!