“Nice staff and clean rooms, but don't count on the free breakfast.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach

Special Offer
AAA Members Save!
Ranked #3 of 30 hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Cincinnati Ohio
“Nice staff and clean rooms, but don't count on the free breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We did enjoy our stay at this Hampton. As reward members, we always look at a Hampton first. The rooms in this hotel were very clean, and nicely maintained. It is a very quick walk to the beach, and some restaurants. Each room has a microwave and small fridge. Our room had a nice balcony with a small view of the beach. Check in and check out were fast.

The staff was pleasant, but didn't really go out of their way to help us with requests. After checking in, we went down to the front desk to request an extra pillow. We were told that there were no extra ones. On the way back up to the room, I saw some in the housekeeping room. I asked the housekeeper if we could have one, and she said we had to call the front desk, so we gave up on that. Our first morning there we woke our children up early to go to breakfast. When we got down to the lobby there was NOTHING left. It was 9AM and a sign clearly stated that breakfast was served until 10AM. I went to the front desk, and asked if they were going to replenish the food, and I was told that they were not, because it was over at 10AM. They were not even willing to give my children some cereal. We never attemped to eat breakfast there again, so not sure if this was a one time thing or not. None of the staff was nasty, but just not willing to do anymore than they had to. Even though that ticked me off, I would not hesitate to book a room again.

Room Tip: They have limited rooms that face the beach, so book early if you want one of those.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

346 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Pool was full of kids and was small, no opportunity for my fiancé and I to enjoy it. Hotel has only 2 floors and is in between two several floor buildings, hard to find. I originally requested a king size bed to enjoy my vacation in with my fiancé and received a two queen bed room that would not be switched to a king. When I brought it to the front desk's attention, they stated the Hilton honors people who were staying there had our room and that they couldn't give me a king bed room even though I reserved my room a month ahead of time. Looks run down. Just a poor stay experience. Will not be staying again.

• Stayed March 2013
Hamptonfwb, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate the type of room you reserved and for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Although we strive to accommodate our guest with exact reservations, at times we do no thave the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. We further apologize for any disturbance cause by our younger guests and have shared your comments with our security team. We do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again so we might show you the quality hotel experience you expect and deserve from us.

Rachel Joyce
850-301-0906
Live Oak, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is an older Hampton Inn but nicely updated. The room and grounds were very clean and right on the beach. Great value. One negative, the pool is at the front of the hotel but it is heated which is good since there is no hot tub.

• Stayed March 2013
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel is close to the Ft Walton Convention Center. You can walk to hall and a number of restaurants in area. People at the hotel are nice and helpful.

I recommend the bar Helen Back which about 300 yards away on the water. The High Tide restaurant also walking distance serves a dozen good oysters for $8.95.

The hotel is on the water but has limited ocean view rooms but I got over that. Price was decent and rooms are nice.

This is a great place to stay if you are at the convention center.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the ocean have partial ocean view.
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Check in was a breeze. Reservation was for 2 standard rooms. Although they were very busy due to Spring Break,and I requested a handicap room after checking in, the front desk was very accomodating, assigning the handicap room as close as possible to the 2nd standard type room.

Room Tip: We needed handicap for my mother, got ground floor room very close to handicap parking, 119, I think...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I think this is an older Hampton but they working on some updates. This hotel is on the beach, they had an ok breakfast, internet was ok, and its within walking distance to several restaurants and bars. The only problem that I had was trying to get a cell signal but the hotel is between two others or maybe its my carrier.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach as part of a church retreat weekend. From the minute we stepped in the door, Daniel at the front desk became our BFF. He was super-friendly, very engaging and went out of his way to be sure our two rooms were adjoining. He brought us a rollaway bed within minutes and offered suggestions about walking on the beach and where to order pizza delivery. And this was after he'd been at work for 14 hours straight! Even with a full hotel, he remembered my name and used it.

I mentioned our frequent visits to the area and that my family would probably be back this summer. He handed me his card and told me to give him a call before coming and he'd take care of it.

It's amazing what a difference the person at the front desk can make. Daniel is a MASSIVE asset to the Hilton brand. Because of him, we will very likely stay at this hotel many times in the future. In fact, he was mentioned specifically in a meeting at our church retreat as an example of kindness and joy.

AND - the hotel is right next to the Gulfarium and within spitting distance of everything else there is to do at the beach. Really great location. The rooms were clean and nice and you could tell they'd been renovated recently. Even with a full hotel and most of our people eating breakfast at the same time, they never ran out of food.

Great experience, from beginning to end!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach? Share your experiences!