“Great place to stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Lexington Park, Maryland, United States
“Great place to stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Hampton Inn FWB was an excellent place to stay for my business trip. I checked into a clean room. The TV channels and interactive options were plentiful. The staff were helpful ineveryhting I needed. One particular instance was helping mr with my in-room internet service; I didn't have a Wi-Fi card, but they had an adapter that they loaned me. I needed some help via the customer service operator, but I got my internet working. Breakfast was pretty good. The hotel's surrounding area loked a little seedy; however, there were some excellent lunch/dinner options just across the street from the hotel. I will definitely make Hampton Inn FWB a priority in staying next time i am in the area.!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Covington, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We love staying at Hampton Inns because we know we are going to get a "bed & breakfast" feel on a family budget. (the fact that our daughter is in love with making her own Belgian waffles has nothing to do with it. ha! ha!) The rooms are clean & generously sized with comfortable beds. The staff is friendly, professional and made us feel like we were guests in their home. Ms. Edna always greeted us in the morning at breakfast and made sure we had exactly what we wanted. We felt bad about the sandy mess we made of our beach-front room every afternoon, but we always returned after supper to a clean floor, freshly made beds, and a note saying "Hope your stay is going well!" We will definitely recommend this hotel to any friends or family travelling to Ft. Walton Beach.

Room Tip: Because of the way the hotel is oriented there are only 10 rooms with a beach view, 5 on each floor...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We very much enjoyed your hotel and your staff who quickly learned to recognize us and ALWAYS spoke to us, smiled and asked if our stay was going well. Even when we left by the backdoor to our room one day, leaving the dead bolt thrown on the front door, the housekeeper left our towels and toiletries outside. She could very easily have decided to skip it. We appreciated that.

Room Tip: I would definitely ask for a ground floor room. The ground floor rooms have a back door with direct...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Kennesaw, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

great location, rooms and staff with good breakfast selection

Room Tip: ak for beach front
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Canton,Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I had stayed up in Panama city for 3 nights and spent the last 2 days of my trip at the Hampton. Although the area around the hotel is not very nice the hotel itself is clean, serviceable, right on the ocean and up to date. I arrived early and they were able to accomodate that. Large room with balcony, fridge, microwave and comfortable bed. I would stay here again without hesitation, although the surrounding areas look run down, Little quality dine out options, crime and bums would not make that happen. Stay towards Panama City or Destin. If value for dollar spent is imporant than book here without a second thought and enjoy the beach.

Room Tip: Limited ocean view rooms. Mostly side views available of buildings next door.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Seal Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband, 17 month old daughter and I checked into this hotel in the evening and from the moment I walked in it didn't seem like a clean hotel. Very old, outdated, and old smelling. We were given a room on the ground floor that smelled like cigarette smoke so we asked for a change. The second room was on the second floor and had a partial view of the ocean. When I went near the door to the balcony, I saw a dead cockroach looking bug on the carpet! My husband didn't make a big deal about it, but it was a big deal to me. I didn't want to stay there. I then went to the first bed to check for bugs, moved the pillows, comforter, then sheets and saw a huge cockroach on the sheets! It caught me off gaurd and I yelled! My husband had a feeling why I yelled. I told him, "we're leaving!" We grabbed our things and went somewhere else.

Advice: Doesn't matter what hotel it is, please check your sheets, comforters, pillows, mattresses for any bug, or bed bugs! Unfortunately, we had a terrible experience there. If you are a person that puts cleanliness on the top of their list, then this is not the place for you. The carpet was also very stained, the borders of the room were very dusty and everything was outdated.

Great location though. Good luck!

Room Tip: None have ocean view, but only 6 of them.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I stayed there for one night in Sept. 2011. Nice room and accomodations. Good location.

Room Tip: This is a 2 story hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach? Share your experiences!