“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Canton,Ohio
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I had stayed up in Panama city for 3 nights and spent the last 2 days of my trip at the Hampton. Although the area around the hotel is not very nice the hotel itself is clean, serviceable, right on the ocean and up to date. I arrived early and they were able to accomodate that. Large room with balcony, fridge, microwave and comfortable bed. I would stay here again without hesitation, although the surrounding areas look run down, Little quality dine out options, crime and bums would not make that happen. Stay towards Panama City or Destin. If value for dollar spent is imporant than book here without a second thought and enjoy the beach.

Room Tip: Limited ocean view rooms. Mostly side views available of buildings next door.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Seal Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband, 17 month old daughter and I checked into this hotel in the evening and from the moment I walked in it didn't seem like a clean hotel. Very old, outdated, and old smelling. We were given a room on the ground floor that smelled like cigarette smoke so we asked for a change. The second room was on the second floor and had a partial view of the ocean. When I went near the door to the balcony, I saw a dead cockroach looking bug on the carpet! My husband didn't make a big deal about it, but it was a big deal to me. I didn't want to stay there. I then went to the first bed to check for bugs, moved the pillows, comforter, then sheets and saw a huge cockroach on the sheets! It caught me off gaurd and I yelled! My husband had a feeling why I yelled. I told him, "we're leaving!" We grabbed our things and went somewhere else.

Advice: Doesn't matter what hotel it is, please check your sheets, comforters, pillows, mattresses for any bug, or bed bugs! Unfortunately, we had a terrible experience there. If you are a person that puts cleanliness on the top of their list, then this is not the place for you. The carpet was also very stained, the borders of the room were very dusty and everything was outdated.

Great location though. Good luck!

Room Tip: None have ocean view, but only 6 of them.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I stayed there for one night in Sept. 2011. Nice room and accomodations. Good location.

Room Tip: This is a 2 story hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

This hotel sits directly on the beach which makes it a VERY relaxing place to be. Everything you could want in location can be found right across the street, too. Nice big fridge to store food for travelers like me making several stops. Unlike all other hotels in the World, this one has 2 entrances/exits to the room, for easy access to/from the beach. The best part was being treated like royalty by front desk staff, breakfast staff, and anyone else you see in the hallway. A stress-free environment!

Room Tip: Travelling without children? There's a place across the street to visit as well.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn, Fort Walton Beach, FL. My entire experience was great. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. I was so impressed with the personal notes left by the housekeeping staff telling me to "have fun" and "enjoy my stay" and also letting me know her name if I needed anything. I always stay at Hilton properties and have never gotten that personal touch from housekeeping. Thanks Nini for making my days at your hotel so enjoyable. I will most definately be back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011 via mobile

Although staff was very nice this hotel is out if touch with Hilton counterparts and doesn't seem to fit in a growing vacation hot spot. It old, only 24 stories sandwiched between larger hotels...the cooling system in noisy, the bathroom needed repair and the longer are is inadequate

• Stayed September 2011
Bardstown, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I've stayed at this Hampton several times and I have never been disappointed with cleanliness or service. Every room has either a private patio or a private balcony. The hotel is directly on the beach and within walking distance to Fudpuckers and High Tide, both enjoyable restaurants. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean. There is a decent pool, although it can get a little sandy/seaweedy by the end of the day. I have stayed in Sandestin and Pensacola Beach and love both locations, but Fort Walton is my favorite because it is so laid-back and relaxing. If you are looking for "action," this may not be the best choice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hamptonfwb, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Thank you so much for your loyalty, we really do love having you here!

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach? Share your experiences!