“A Mixed Bag” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Miami Beach, Florida
“A Mixed Bag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

My mother, who lives locally, had been here for a Sunday brunch which she said was delicious and the place (note: the same restaurant has 2 TripAdvisor listings here - what's up with that?) was packed. Saturday night at 7 pm and the place was filled but not crowded. There are several big screen TV screens here - it isn't a sports bar but it isn't a white tablecloth restaurant, either. We were seated prompt;y and our server arrived right away, explaining the specials and giving the prices (always a good practice), We split a caponata appetizer, and had cannelloni, 1 lasagna and house wine. The appetizer was good ($8) was good, as was the cannelloni ($17). The lasagna was a sea of mush - tasty cheese and bolgnese sauce, but the noodles had been microwaved to death and had tuned to total mush. I picked at it but didn't eat much. The server asked if I wanted it boxed up, I explained it was porridge, she disappeared and brought the bill and said the item had been removed from the bill - an appropriate gesture and we tipped on the generous side to show our appreciation that the restaurant had done the right thing in a bad situation.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Really good!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Wanna try really good pasta? That's the place. The chicken sambucca sandwich is a lighter choice.

Get some Garlic Rolls, they are a must have!

Destin, Florida
“Italian brunch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

A lot of the menu is "Mama's" Italian grandmother's recipes. You won't find them anywhere else. I have tried most everything in the menu and it is all delicious. She also has specials every Saturday and Sunday (which is the only time they serve brunch)
A must!!

Visited March 2014
Mauston, Wisconsin
“Mama's European Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

A charming, fairly new restaurant which is a spin-off of Clemenza's located in Miramar Beach. We were greeted by a friendly hostess who immediately seated us. Our waiter gave us menus and took our drink orders. The menu is a unique assortment of European and domestic items. In a short time we placed our order and were pleasantly surprised by the quick turn-around. All of our party really enjoyed their meal and were happy with the service. A nice touch is that Mama Clemenza circulates among the tables in this restaurant and ensures all customers are satisfied. We found Mama's to be excellent due to their ambience, menu and service. We will definitely go there again. Great job Mama!!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Niceville, Florida
“Rude server for lunch party!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I felt like I was in an epidsode of Seinfeld dealing with the soup guy. One wrong request as simple as "Can I get my bill?" after the meal was over was met with attitude from the server. Someone in the party mentioned that he can't do well in tips because he was so rude...however as a party, we had no choice as gratuity was added to our bill.

Usually the work crowd I dine with requires 2 servers. Perhaps he was overwhelmed but that isn't our fault. Recently my work party went to Aegean Sea and had one server who seemed much more welcoming of our business. If given a choice, the server today would have received no tip.

I can't complain about my calzone. I hesitated to attend due to past experiences. After today, I doubt I'll be back again.

• Visited February 2014