“quiet peaceful spot” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pirates Bay Guest Chambers & Marina

You added Pirates Bay Guest Chambers & Marina to your Saves list
Pirates Bay Guest Chambers & Marina
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   214 Miracle Strip Pkwy SW, Okaloosa Island, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548 (Formerly Pirates Bay Condo Hotel)   |
huntsville
“quiet peaceful spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is our second stay at Pirates Bay. We will come again in the future. Pool and landscaping are immaculate and beautiful. Ther is no sand beach, just a view of the pier where a few boats are docked. The ground maintenance person was there all day and kept the pool and grounds spotless and beautiful. The condo's are mostly privately owned and leased through a mangement company. They are mostly suites and adequate for a short three or four day stay. The unit we stay in was nicely furnished but the bed was in bad shape. Very bad shape. Queen size bed had next to no support on the foundation and you felt like you would trip over or fall through it. I will stay again because the grounds are so beautiful and well maintained, but I will definately not stay in the unit that we got this last time. I gues it's a trial and error situation, and I am very glad it was just a three day stay because of that. If there was a good be in the unit I would have rated this as one of my favorite vacation places to stay.

Room Tip: It is not a hotel, it's a condo rental so housekeeping is more limite than in a hotel. If you ar...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My family and I stayed at Pirates Bay 301A for a week. When we arrived at the condo, I was so surprised how much better the condo looks in person than in pictures! The pictures really do not do this condo justice. If you are unsure about this unit, let me insure you that it wonderful place to stay. The property was extremely clean. I am picky and notice minute details, and I was super impressed with this unit. Linens, towels, soaps, paper towel, and toilet paper are all included. We loved the h/e washer and dryer that is inside the unit! Another one of best thing about this unit is the amount of deck space. The expansive deck overlooks the pool and sound. We loved sitting outside and eating our meals. Our children (ages 2 and 6) were so happy to use the pool each day. The pool is never crowded and is very large. I loved sitting on the chaise lounge chairs by the pool. The ground were beautifully landscaped and superbly maintained. Pirates Bay is close to so many restaurant and attractions. It is a short drive to Hurlburt Field. Pirates Bay is an excellent place to stay. It wasn't noisy at all and it seemed really safe. I was unsure about it at first because of the mixed reviews on many of the top travel sites. Based on my experience, I highly recommend this rental. Harmony Beach Vacations provided excellent customer service. I called and reported a few minor problems (loose screws on one of drawers and an off-track sliding door), and they were very responsive. Maintenance came by later that afternoon and fixed these issues. Thanks for making our trip to Fort Walton Beach so comfortable and enjoyable. P.S. @Thomas...Do you seriously need more than 2 rolls of toilet paper per week?

Room Tip: End Units Rock!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

First time i stayed in Pirates Bay. We stayed in 312B Studio condo. It was really nice, clean and relaxing especially the bay and pool view from the balcony. Although, we didnt have time to get in the pool but it was big, very clean, clear water, beautifull landscape and i like the mickey mouse shape of it. The room was fully furnished, tv, microwave, fridge, coffee pot, etc. plus extra linens and towels. It has a kitchenette but very small. Its functional but i dont recommend cooking big meals. We only stayed 2 nights so we didnt do hardly any cooking. I like how big was the bathroom and it was neat and clean. But, i particularly did not like the double bed but it was indeed very comfortable. I believe each condo are individually owned and I am sure some with a bigger bed in the unit. I also noticed the elevator was not well kept and needed an updating. Overall, my stay was very pleasant, relaxing and comfortable. The place is safe and close to restuarants, stores, and a really nice park on the water within walking distance. Okaloosa island and Destin is only 5 to 10 min away. The reservationist was very nice and helpfull. I highly recommended this place. I would love to stay there again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

These are individually owned condos. Most are studios and all have a balcony with a view. We stayed in B205 it was decorated beautifully and offered all we needed for a week stay. We did not cook full meals but it did have a two burner cooktop, a microwave, coffee pot and a toaster oven. They provided clean towels and made the bed daily.
The grounds, pool area and boat docks are all very well maintained. If you want to discover The Emerald Coast by boat this is a great location. The fulltime residents were very friendly. I don't think all the units are furnished as nicely as B205 but the complex is very clean and safe.

• Stayed September 2011
Warner Robins, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Upon arriving at the Condo we were giving instructions of the hotel and told us if you runout of toilet tissue you must purchase your own (you get two rolls, count your sheets) also the beautiful pool was closed for three days without notice from the desk.
Don't forget the Charmin!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Corinth, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

very relaxing, beautiful landscape, huge pool,
not crowded, great for fishing or boating

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Knob Noster, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed here for a month and a half. I had to switch rooms because there was no AC, but they gave me no issue and moved my room assignment promptly. The only issue I had with the place is that one of the folk who cleaned my room stole an iPod from me.. When I asked management they told me that sucked and they wouldn't do anything about it. I would stay here again if I didn't have anything that cost over 20 bucks.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to Pirates Bay Guest Chambers & Marina? Share your experiences!