“Cozy, charming lil Paradise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pirates Bay Guest Chambers & Marina

You added Pirates Bay Guest Chambers & Marina to your Saves list
Pirates Bay Guest Chambers & Marina
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   214 Miracle Strip Pkwy SW, Okaloosa Island, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548 (Formerly Pirates Bay Condo Hotel)   |
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“Cozy, charming lil Paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

First time i stayed in Pirates Bay. We stayed in 312B Studio condo. It was really nice, clean and relaxing especially the bay and pool view from the balcony. Although, we didnt have time to get in the pool but it was big, very clean, clear water, beautifull landscape and i like the mickey mouse shape of it. The room was fully furnished, tv, microwave, fridge, coffee pot, etc. plus extra linens and towels. It has a kitchenette but very small. Its functional but i dont recommend cooking big meals. We only stayed 2 nights so we didnt do hardly any cooking. I like how big was the bathroom and it was neat and clean. But, i particularly did not like the double bed but it was indeed very comfortable. I believe each condo are individually owned and I am sure some with a bigger bed in the unit. I also noticed the elevator was not well kept and needed an updating. Overall, my stay was very pleasant, relaxing and comfortable. The place is safe and close to restuarants, stores, and a really nice park on the water within walking distance. Okaloosa island and Destin is only 5 to 10 min away. The reservationist was very nice and helpfull. I highly recommended this place. I would love to stay there again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011 via mobile

These are individually owned condos. Most are studios and all have a balcony with a view. We stayed in B205 it was decorated beautifully and offered all we needed for a week stay. We did not cook full meals but it did have a two burner cooktop, a microwave, coffee pot and a toaster oven. They provided clean towels and made the bed daily.
The grounds, pool area and boat docks are all very well maintained. If you want to discover The Emerald Coast by boat this is a great location. The fulltime residents were very friendly. I don't think all the units are furnished as nicely as B205 but the complex is very clean and safe.

• Stayed September 2011
Warner Robins, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Upon arriving at the Condo we were giving instructions of the hotel and told us if you runout of toilet tissue you must purchase your own (you get two rolls, count your sheets) also the beautiful pool was closed for three days without notice from the desk.
Don't forget the Charmin!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Corinth, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

very relaxing, beautiful landscape, huge pool,
not crowded, great for fishing or boating

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Knob Noster, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed here for a month and a half. I had to switch rooms because there was no AC, but they gave me no issue and moved my room assignment promptly. The only issue I had with the place is that one of the folk who cleaned my room stole an iPod from me.. When I asked management they told me that sucked and they wouldn't do anything about it. I would stay here again if I didn't have anything that cost over 20 bucks.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Athens, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

My wife booked a trip to ft. walton for us a week prior to our checkin, when we arrived to the property staff was so nice and helpful, the lady said the room was her top 5 favorite. we get into the room expecting a 1 b.r. suite, and what we got was a shock, a motel room with a bed and couch with a tv all stuffed in one area, when we complained they denied us a refund said they have a 60 day cancel policy, informed the lady we made reservations with JOHN the owner, and he never said anything of the sort, and he promised us a 1 br condo but we received an effeciency studio. Regina was the rudest person after we had an issue, she said smart alleck comments until I blew up and left the property..This place is a 4 story ex motel converted into a "resort" of some sort, after calling john a dozen times and him ignoring our call Regina the front desk lady patched us to him and got an instant answer. Long story short he denied a refund, took 260 dollars of my money for an hour stay at his crummy motel. I left immediately to head to panama city..This place is a scam and should be shut down! BEWARE!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, the entire place is a dump
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Stayed here with a group of folks while attending classes at the nearby Air Base. I had a studio with a kitchenette. Plenty of room, great view but I had a unit at the interior of the arc not the end. The hotel/condo building is shaped like a gentle curve. Target just down the road in one direction and a Gold's Gym with friendly staff a short quick drive the other way. No pn-site workout room which I thought odd bit no biggie. Well-maintained rooms and grounds, clean and staff very helpful. I stayed in the B building which seemed to be much quieter with less traffic. I liked this place very much - there is a little center of town that has a couple of good restaurants, franchise-type places are not far away either. This is not a fancy place but is uncrowded and restful. I recommend it.

• Stayed April 2011

Been to Pirates Bay Guest Chambers & Marina? Share your experiences!