“Nice place, but got ripped off.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Pirates Bay Guest Chambers & Marina

Save Saved
You added Pirates Bay Guest Chambers & Marina to your Saves list
Pirates Bay Guest Chambers & Marina
214 Miracle Strip Pkwy SW, Okaloosa Island, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548 (Formerly Pirates Bay Condo Hotel)   |
Knob Noster, Missouri
“Nice place, but got ripped off.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed here for a month and a half. I had to switch rooms because there was no AC, but they gave me no issue and moved my room assignment promptly. The only issue I had with the place is that one of the folk who cleaned my room stole an iPod from me.. When I asked management they told me that sucked and they wouldn't do anything about it. I would stay here again if I didn't have anything that cost over 20 bucks.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Athens, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

My wife booked a trip to ft. walton for us a week prior to our checkin, when we arrived to the property staff was so nice and helpful, the lady said the room was her top 5 favorite. we get into the room expecting a 1 b.r. suite, and what we got was a shock, a motel room with a bed and couch with a tv all stuffed in one area, when we complained they denied us a refund said they have a 60 day cancel policy, informed the lady we made reservations with JOHN the owner, and he never said anything of the sort, and he promised us a 1 br condo but we received an effeciency studio. Regina was the rudest person after we had an issue, she said smart alleck comments until I blew up and left the property..This place is a 4 story ex motel converted into a "resort" of some sort, after calling john a dozen times and him ignoring our call Regina the front desk lady patched us to him and got an instant answer. Long story short he denied a refund, took 260 dollars of my money for an hour stay at his crummy motel. I left immediately to head to panama city..This place is a scam and should be shut down! BEWARE!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, the entire place is a dump
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Stayed here with a group of folks while attending classes at the nearby Air Base. I had a studio with a kitchenette. Plenty of room, great view but I had a unit at the interior of the arc not the end. The hotel/condo building is shaped like a gentle curve. Target just down the road in one direction and a Gold's Gym with friendly staff a short quick drive the other way. No pn-site workout room which I thought odd bit no biggie. Well-maintained rooms and grounds, clean and staff very helpful. I stayed in the B building which seemed to be much quieter with less traffic. I liked this place very much - there is a little center of town that has a couple of good restaurants, franchise-type places are not far away either. This is not a fancy place but is uncrowded and restful. I recommend it.

• Stayed April 2011
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

We stayed in Unit 211A - all units are different, some better than others, and you can request specific units - and were extremely pleased with our stay. There is an 'A building' and 'B building' which are a distance apart seperated by an Olive Garden, and we liked the A building because it had the main office located within it.

The unit had everything we needed - full sized refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, small stove and sink, and sleeper sofa - and free internet. My husband especially liked the large flat screen tv with HBO. The balcony overlooked a large pool and the intercoastal waterway. Overall the unit had a nice homey, beachy feel.

The hotel also had docks for rent (we paid $25/night) which was on site and had water and electric to use when we came in at the end of the day, which was nice. We did wish there was more of a beach onsite, as we ended up driving about 5 minutes away to go to a public beach.

Overall, it was a great value considering everything that was available within the unit and on the property for the money. We've vacationed in Ft Walton Beach multiple times, and will definitely stay in this unit again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

We stayed in unit A401--it's on the end so very large balcony! One bedroom with a sofabed and 2 bathrooms, a small kitchen area--just right! It was a great size for us and our small children. The view was great!-- right over the sound--beautiful sunsets!! The pool was wonderful!-clean and great for the kids! We loved it here, the price was right and we will definitely stay again!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

It was an unexpected to surprise to find a place as nice as Pirates Bay online for the price we paid having been the July 4th weekend but we did. The personnel was courteous and the room very clean and well appointed. We chose a studio with kitchenette. The grounds were very well kept and the pool excellent. If we had a brought a boat the Condo offered a free boat slip in their Marina. Location was excellent; next door was an Olive Garden and an IHOP within a very short walking. Destin was only 5 minutes away. My gran-daughters and I will cherish the three days spent at Pirates Bay and we look forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Pirates Bay Guest Chambers & Marina? Share your experiences!