“GREAT STAY!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Southwest Miracle Strip Pkwy, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tallahassee, Florida
“GREAT STAY!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

We love this La Quinta. This is our second time returning and we will be back soon. The rooms are super clean. The staff was very friendly. Rooms are very quite. We travel always with our small dog, so we are so happy. This super nice hotel is pet friendly. I have to congratulate the manager for the excellent hotel. The free breakfast was very good. We always travelled from Tallahassee with our quiet little dog. We are going to be back for our third time very soon.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Jack
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

This is actually the best LaQuinta that we have had the pleasure to stay in.This one has the extra little thigs to make it feel like home.

The only sugesstion that I do have is that housekeeping stock at least 2 packages
of condiments because you have a lot of couples traveling and they like their coffee the same way.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

Coming from a different, also rather new, La Quinta this property was kind of a disappointment for me. From an objective stand point I can only agree with the other reviews posted here:
- the location is OK, souvenir shops close by, beaches in 5-10 minute driving distance.
- the property is new, furniture and technology is up to date, the lobby is large, nicely lit, some chairs, and looks very inviting.
- contrary to others, I did not have trouble with Wifi or cellphone reception.
- the hotel is quiet (although I did find the aircondition a bit noisy), both inside and outside, although located on US-98 (which is not that big in Fort Walton Beach itself).
- parking should be sufficient even when fully booked, there is truck parking on the backside.
Based on the above it's a no-brainer: go and stay here! On a sidenote, I noticed that they turn down the lighting in the hallways at night, which is a bonus given that as in most hotels the doors don't close that tight and light keeps coming in.
However, personally I was not too happy with pricing and staff behavior during checkin. I wanted to stay for a single night only. Looking at the available rooms most of them where pretty expensive, more than 100$ (I don't get LQ's recent hike in prices although their new hotels are nicer than the old ones). I decided to go with the Returns program and spend one of my free nights here. Apparently this property had some sort of price policy in place that required me to pay a couple of dollars on top of points. Given this setup I was set to stay in an executive mini-suite. Well, turns out that at the time of checkin they apparently had a different idea. The front desk staff seemed busy but friendly. But, charging the originally agreed price, they put me into a simple 2 Double bedroom, effectively downgrading me without a reduction in price. It appears they were booked so that's where I stayed. I will assume that this was an isolated incident, but it left a bad impression.
Personally I would stay again based on location and property, but depending on price. Otherwise there may be better resorts in Fort Walton Beach or Destin, possibly closer to the beaches.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
The Woodlands, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

This hotel represents that they are pet friendly. We made a reservation for a suite because we travel with our 3 pound Yorkie. When we arrived we were told that the ONLY pet friendly suite was occupied. They offered a regular room but only in the first floor as all others were NOT pet friendly. The owner/manager refused to accommodate us despite many suites being available. Because we needed a suite we left and drove to Mobile and stayed at the Drury Inn a truly per friendly hotel. This La Quinta misrepresents to the public that they are pet friendly which they are NOT. We were very irritated since we had a confirmed reservation that was NOT honored. Avoid at all cost if traveling qwith a pet.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

This Hotel Went out of their way to accomodate our needs in every aspect of our stay. We stay in many Motels all over the US, I have to say this is the cleanest ever, at last a Motel that takes Pride in providing five star service, from check in to check out,If you are ever in Fort Walton stay here, You will not be disappointed , I give 10/10 to this establishment and it's very Professional Staff. Thank You we will be back.
The Business Side was very successful also, the view over the Water is fantastic, it is 100 yards from the water, what more could you ask for.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Mobile, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

My wife and I recently (Sept, 2010) stayed at the La Quinta Inn in Fort Walton Beach, FL. We stayed there because they allow pets. We arrived late on the first night of our stay and checked in. I took our two small dogs for a constitutional and then walked them right through the front lobby to the elevator. We had been assigned a room on the third floor. Everything about the stay was uneventful. Each day I would take the dogs out through the lobby and back in through the lobby. Several desk employees (including I believe the owner) saw us with the dogs. Our room was cleaned on the second day of our visit (with the dog bowls in the bathroom). We received our receipt on the last day of our stay and it showed all charges paid. NOTHING about a cleaning fee for the dogs.
After returning home, I saw a charge for $50 for cleaning fee on my bank account. I called the hotel and they said I had two LARGE dogs in the room (one of which was an 17-pound Jack Russell Terrier, the other a 30-pound mutt). They said pets are only allowed on the first and second floor and they had to pay for deep cleaning on the room. They said we had not declared our pets on our reservation. Pets are allowed at La Quinta, I did not realize we had to declare them. OK. Small mistake on my part.
But after we arrived why didn't the hotel simply move us to another room? Why did they feel it necessary to "GOTCHA" charge us?
At the night clerk's suggestion, I called the motel the next day. I had to call twice because the manager did not arrive until after noon local time. I spoke with an agent who told me that it was our fault for not notifying them that we had dogs. (Apparently, since we walked the dogs through the lobby, this was not notification). Secondly, how are we supposed to know the third floor is off limits to pets? There is no signage or other notification that the third floor rooms are not for people who have pets.
We would have gladly moved to another room. All they had to do was ask. They didn't.
So after getting no traction from the agent I spoke to the manager. Who preceded to say in a very irritated and loud fashion, "Why don't you get it? ... You're wasting my employee's time ... You're wasting my time."
All these folks want is your money and out the door. Apparently, they don't care if you ever come back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010 via mobile

we loved the hotel very nicely decorated and the staff were very helpful in recommendation and kind enough to print directions. My laptop is pretty old and I could not connect to the wireless because I forgot my wireless card/adapter :-( but the young man at the desk was kind enough to bring an eithernet cable up to my room so i could access internet :-) Breakfast was awesome a variety of foods. And the beaches are so close by!!!!

• Stayed August 2010

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!