“Nice hotel & very accommodating” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Southwest Miracle Strip Pkwy, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Worth, Texas
“Nice hotel & very accommodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We drove 12 hours to spend spring break in the fort Walton/destin area with our twin 6year olds and our yellow lab. Yes this hotel is dog friendly (no fee) which is why we chose it in the first place and the price was right for the length of the stay. We are still here as I type this review.

The room: nice and clean, moderate decor, and the beds are comfy. I have always like la Quinta hotels for the quality of the room and stay and this was no different. Three pillows on each bed, nice fluffy pillow top bed. Our room came with a fridge and microwave and two queen beds. We were originally supposed to be on the first floor but I called back three times and just said I don't care where they put us as long as we could check in early and that we had two beds, and they really did accommodate us and made it possible. After driving for 12 hours straight I did not want to have to drive around town for another 4-5 hours to wait and check in so I really do appreciate that they did that for me and got us checked in , in less that 10 minutes. And honestly I am glad I didn't end up on the first floor because it was very busy, especially in the early A.M. During breakfast. The lobby was full and the lunch area was filled with other guests and people talking in the halls and walking back and forth.

The hotel: like I said, faily new. Right off the highway so you can't miss it. Though the road is kind of busy. Decor is nice and updated. Breakfast was pretty good for the price. Quite. Bit of variety. Today was eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy with a variety of cereals, bagels, boiled eggs, yogurt and waffles you can make yourself with juice, coffee or tea, or all three if you please. But with it being spring break and all, it was definitely early bird catches the worm. I didn't not arrive until around 9;30 but there was still enough of everything for us to have some or everything ;)

The area: .....this is the nitty gritty. The hotel is very close to beach access and close to the harbor boardwalk. And I don't feel like I missed out on anything by not having a beach front hotel, it saved me about $300 for my 6 days stay, if you don't mind a few red lights then it might be for you.
The hotel itself is fairly new and is really nice, but it is on the main highway to destin and emerald parkway so after about noon the roads got very busy and traffic started to back up, and there are some not so great drivers here in Florida. It is in what looks like the "down town" area of fort Walton, there are a lot of little unique shops and diners which is cool and there are students I am guessing, jogging in groups or walking to near by stores or eateries which is something I don't really see back at home so I am assuming the area is not too bad. About 6 minutes west there is a mall, and about 15-25 minutes east there is Henderson state park and the silver sands outlet and destin commons. There are ALOT of grocery stores. I swear probably a publix, target or Walmart every 2-5 miles if even that. So it is convenient if you need to run out and grab something really fast.

The one thing that I did not notice until my husband pointed it out...the hotel is literally, right in front of, like the pool is across the street from a homeless shelter so there were quite a few homeless citizens walking along the streets, sitting around hanging out, and sleeping outside of the homeless shelter. I honestly had no idea until we went out of the parking lot the back way to catch the red light and we saw them all. I didn't feel that I was in any immediate danger, they do have a few cameras outside of the hotel, but if you had to walk your dog in the walking area at night, it's basically an empty field with a make shift fence. I think they are in the process of turning it in to another parking lot. It's just something to think about. Besides that I can't really complain. The hotel is clean which is what matters and we aren't here most of the day anyway only to come rest before our next adventure.

All that said, would I return? Yes I would. They are very good to their guests and try their best to make them comfortable.

Room Tip: Get a room by the stairway exit, much faster than using the elevators!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
South Dayton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband & I stayed in this hotel for the first time and we will definetly come back!! The staff was very friendly & helpful. Everything was clean and very comfortable. We were in Fl. for our granddaughter's 1st birthday, we had planned her party outside but it was very windy and cold. The manager allowed us to have her party there at the hotel! He never blinked an eye when we asked to use the meeting room on sush short notice. There were 7 of my family members staying here and we wanted to be able to sit together in the evening, they were very gracious in allowing us to use the cafeteria to sit and play cards and just hang out. This is the only hotel we will stay at when we visit again. Thank you all!

Room Tip: Very clean and a very friendly staff!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Shipshewana, Indiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is probably one of the Best Hotels that we have ever stayed in. It was Top Quality in Every Way. We choose La Quinta because they are dog friendly. We were traveling with our large lab. They received us with open arms and even had a dog run area for the pups.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was very surprise with the great customer service at this hotel. I had been looking for a hotel in Destin area. When booking my vacation, the first thing I do is to taken care of my hotel. I had reviewed a lot of the reviews and travelers pictures of TA. The hotels in the Destin area were a little pricey than I wanted to pay.
I spoke to receptionist name Kiran. He was very nice and polite. He was very educationed with the area. Since this is my first time in this area for my vacation, I wanted to make sure I was close to the beach, to Destin and other areas. He took out his time to explain and answer those questions that I had. I know that he may have been busy but I didn't feel rushed. I also wanted to know the size of each room. Which he happily went over. With his great attitude and patience I decided to book my reservation at this hotel. I know this may seem like a commerical but it pretty much rare to find a represenative at a hotel that would be this friendly. Dont get me wrong, I have stayed a plenty 3 star hotels. However, based on the reviews I have so much expectation for my stay in June of 2013. Let's see how LQ stands up to the others. I will repost about my visit.

One other thing!!!!To be honest I am not too excited about hotels that allow pets. Not that I am against pets because I have two wonderful outstanding dogs that I love very much. However, everyone is not a clean and considerate of others with their animals as I would love them to be. I was assured the presence of an animal would not be known when I stay there!!!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice stay. Hotel was nice, clean, and quiet with friendly staff all around. Common areas appeared neat and clean, room was clean, bath clean, bed was good, dog stayed free, nice location, good breakfast choices, would definitely stay again. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!