My boyfriend and I chose this hotel because of the good reviews. It didn't disappoint.
The people at the front desk were very nice and attentive. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. The rooms were nice, and I liked that the sink was in the bathroom.
The beds were fairly comfortable. I generally prefer a softer mattress, so they were a bit too firm for me. The pillows were very soft and there were plenty on each bed. The coverings and sheets on the bed were fresh and clean. Although pets were allowed and we were placed on one of the pet friendly floors, we had no issues. The room was a bit stale smelling when we first entered but turning on the A/C took care of that.
The free breakfast was quite good with a fairly large selection. Biscuits, gravy, sausage patties, eggs, hash Browns, cereal, yogurt, bagels and breads, juice, coffee and waffle makers. Everything that I had was tasty.
On to the negatives. The location is a little sketchy. It's not in the best area and if you end up on the sides that face the road, it's really noisy. However, it was a five minute drive from public beaches with plenty of parking and not far from some shopping areas. Wifi signal was also very poor and disconnected frequently. The only other issue that I had was with smokers. If you ever walked out the side door (right by the pool) , you had to make your way through a cloud of stink. Designated smoking areas should be away from exits.
It was a pleasant enough stay. If I'm ever back in the area, I would stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Fort Walton Beach
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites, Fort Walton Beach awarded 2010 Inn Of The Year and recently named a 2011 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence award winner, is located less than one mile away from beautiful white sandy beaches.The La Quinta Inn & Suites is near plenty of fun activities nearby including water sports, boating, waterparks, fishing excursions shopping outlets and golfing.All of our comfortable rooma are Non-smoking and come with amenities like free wi-fi internet access, olush pillow top mattresses, microwave, refrigerator, 32" flat screen TV's. There are rooms available with a partial view of the Bay.Wake up to a free newspaper and Free Bright Side Breakfast in a large breakfast area, each morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.