“Ultimate Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Southwest Miracle Strip Pkwy, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Idaho Falls, ID
“Ultimate Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

There were not a lot of choices in hotels along Hwy 98 until see saw the La Quinta. Walking in we saw the "No Vacancy" sign on the counter. There was large group of U.S. Army staying at the hotel. The day manager pointed out his recent #1 award display on the wall. He then offered my wife and I the manager's 3 bedroom suite for the same rate as a basic standard room. The night manager, Kate, made certain our overnight stay was a pleasant experience. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

We live just up Hwy 98 in Pensacola but wanted to get away for a quick trip with our 2 dogs. Looked on the net for hotels that were pet friendly and this La Quinta was at the top of some peoples list.

We found out why.

This hotel is obviously no 5 star resort but the room we had was very spacious, nicely decorated and was very comfortable. We had a very comfy king size bed, leather couch, working desk and chair as well as an LCD TV hanging on the wall.

The room and bathroom were very clean upon our check in. Which they let us check in 2 hours early which was very nice. It is also pert friendly as well.

I read a few other posts about certain rooms being pet friendly....Not sure what happened there. We saw at least 15 other people with dogs and I can assure you they were not all staying in the same room as us.

They have a simple grassy area out behind the hotel for the pets to do their "business" and have plastic baggies for you to keep the grass clean as well.

They even have doggie treats in the lobby for your 4-leggers as well. The pool area is smaller but nice as well. There is a nice covered patio/deck area and a hot tub.

This hotel fit our exact needs for a quick get-a-way to the Ft. Walton beach area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

Ericka Rodriquez is a huge asset to La Quinta Inns. She was professional, courteous and extremely helpful when we had to cnacel our hotel reservations due to a sudden death and funeral. Afterwards, she wras able to get everything back exactly as it was so we could continue the business trip.

Due to our emotional stress, it was such a relief to have Ericka there to provide a smooth transition.

Ericka ROCKS!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Köln
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

This Motel is located on US 98 and offers spacious and clean rooms. I've been welcomed very friendly and offered a AAA discount. Still, I believe it was very expensive (124$ incl. tax).

What bothered me very much: They'd put signs on your bed saying to protect the environment by not getting changed linen and towels every day. This is bigotry. Why? Because they would throw tons of plastic cups and lates and cutlery and... away after breakfast just because there is no proper service to wash proper dishes. With this kind of attitude our planet will go down the drains.

Please, you people at the La Quinta management: Change your policy here, your guests will reward you for that!

• Stayed March 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

We love this La Quinta. This is our second time returning and we will be back soon. The rooms are super clean. The staff was very friendly. Rooms are very quite. We travel always with our small dog, so we are so happy. This super nice hotel is pet friendly. I have to congratulate the manager for the excellent hotel. The free breakfast was very good. We always travelled from Tallahassee with our quiet little dog. We are going to be back for our third time very soon.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Jack
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

This is actually the best LaQuinta that we have had the pleasure to stay in.This one has the extra little thigs to make it feel like home.

The only sugesstion that I do have is that housekeeping stock at least 2 packages
of condiments because you have a lot of couples traveling and they like their coffee the same way.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

Coming from a different, also rather new, La Quinta this property was kind of a disappointment for me. From an objective stand point I can only agree with the other reviews posted here:
- the location is OK, souvenir shops close by, beaches in 5-10 minute driving distance.
- the property is new, furniture and technology is up to date, the lobby is large, nicely lit, some chairs, and looks very inviting.
- contrary to others, I did not have trouble with Wifi or cellphone reception.
- the hotel is quiet (although I did find the aircondition a bit noisy), both inside and outside, although located on US-98 (which is not that big in Fort Walton Beach itself).
- parking should be sufficient even when fully booked, there is truck parking on the backside.
Based on the above it's a no-brainer: go and stay here! On a sidenote, I noticed that they turn down the lighting in the hallways at night, which is a bonus given that as in most hotels the doors don't close that tight and light keeps coming in.
However, personally I was not too happy with pricing and staff behavior during checkin. I wanted to stay for a single night only. Looking at the available rooms most of them where pretty expensive, more than 100$ (I don't get LQ's recent hike in prices although their new hotels are nicer than the old ones). I decided to go with the Returns program and spend one of my free nights here. Apparently this property had some sort of price policy in place that required me to pay a couple of dollars on top of points. Given this setup I was set to stay in an executive mini-suite. Well, turns out that at the time of checkin they apparently had a different idea. The front desk staff seemed busy but friendly. But, charging the originally agreed price, they put me into a simple 2 Double bedroom, effectively downgrading me without a reduction in price. It appears they were booked so that's where I stayed. I will assume that this was an isolated incident, but it left a bad impression.
Personally I would stay again based on location and property, but depending on price. Otherwise there may be better resorts in Fort Walton Beach or Destin, possibly closer to the beaches.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!