“Hard to judge what you can't eat” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
mary esther
“Hard to judge what you can't eat”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

After coming through the front door of bay cafe and being greeted by one server and another who I think was the manager we were told to seat ourselves. After that my fiance and I sat for roughly 5-10 min and then I actually looked at my watch and waited another 10 minutes without being asked what we wanted to drink. So although the above reviews are great that doesn't leave out the people that don't get served and don't take the time to leave a review. I do believe in second chances and that I caught them on a bad day so I will try again but they are far from being at the top for having such poor service, bad day or not.

88% Recommend
fort walton, florida
“Absolutely Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

Bay Cafe has got to be the greatest place!! My family and I went there for the first time during the summer of 09'. They have so many delicious items on the menu. For an appetizer, we had crabcakes, escarot, and french onion soup. They have a variety of dinner entrees that consist of foods such as: Grouper Wellington, Chicken Florentine, Crispy Duck, Veal Chop and many more. Not only is the food exceptional, but the wine that compliments the food is great too. The bread at Bay Cafe is so good (it melts in your mouth). The outdoor deck is the place to sit. They are opened for lunch and dinner. They have a very friendly waitstaff and French Chef. If you are visiting the Destin/Fort walton area, I highly recommend that you visit the Bay Cafe. It is a little hard to find, calling ahead for directions would be suggested. Great place. WE WILL RETURN!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“The most romantic restaurant in the panhandle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

One of the most cozy places in northwest Florida. An excellent menu and a professional staff. The seafood was fresh and delicious. The dessert was even better.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“Wonderful Lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

This is an excellent place to dine in the Fort Walton Beach area. We have been coming to the beach for years and just discovered this place via Tripadvisor! We enjoyed a delicious lunch in October 2009. The French bread was welcomed and enjoyed by all of us while we dined on the artichoke heart appetizer. Our group enjoyed the blackened grouper and chicken picatta. All was declared to be very very good.

The service, location and atmosphere were worthy of a special lunch. I highly recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Unexpected gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

In an area replete with fried everything, this was a welcome surprise. The previous Tripadvisor reviews were accurate. It's not fancy; be sure to get a table outside where you will have a view of the bay. But the food was wonderful - well-prepared, fresh and delicious. I had the special: steamed grouper with artichokes in a white wine sauce, very fresh green beans, and a yummy, delicately seasoned potatoe pancake. The salad before dinner was superb. Their wine list is great, too. They had a super selection of chardonnay by the glass, which is usually a pet peeve of mine: La Crema, etc. vs. usual Kendall Jackson at other restaurants. The service was prompt and professional.