“Great place.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 30 hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Stayed here once before. Room was very clean, bed was comfortable. Great staff. Everything worked in the fitness room and pool and hot tub were great. Highly recommended. Not a lot of frills, just a good clean quiet place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
HATTIESBURG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at this Comfort Inn. It was very roomy and very clean. Staff was friendly and made us feel welcome. I booked two rooms and noticed that the rooms facing Pizza Hut were bigger, so be sure to as for a room on that side if you want a larger suite. Next time I'm in the Ft. Walton/Destin area it will be my choice of stay!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

Comfort Inn and Suites is a very good hotel for leisure travel. It has a huge variety of food at the free breakfast (muffins, danish, waffle maker, whole counter full of coffee machines, different kinds of bread, yogurt, oatmeal, whole milk, 2% milk, orange and apple juice, good assortment of cream cheese, jams, jellies, butter,bagels...) The rooms were very well decorated with a modern style theme. The rooms were spacious and included a good quality flat screen T.V. that had a wide range of channels (news, cooking, etc) The room was clean and I did not have to ask for anything. The pool area was clean and had towels and a shower head and a bubbling spa. The pool was from 3 to 5 feet. The pool area had chairs and tables. The fitness area had a treadmill, a heart extercise machine thing and a bicycle and water fountain, and tv. The hotel's elevators were slow but VERY smooth and it even said phrases like "going up"or "third floor"or "going down". The hotel itself looks new and is located next to a Pizza Hut. The beaches were on Okaloosa Island which was about a 5 minute drive. Service was good. There was a meeting room and an office area with 2 computers and a free printer that was good quality. The hotel felt very safe and had 4 floors. There was no mold in the bathrooms and when we asked for an extra bed, they moved us to a room with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed without complaint even though they would have to clean for a second time. The pillows were soft and the blankets were smooth. The ice machine was working (there was an ice machine and vending machine on each floor) At 6 o'clock, there was some music going on in the next room but it stopped. The walls were thick and we couldn't hear the people in the neighboring room except for the loud music. The lobby area is very spacious and a person could live in there. There is a separate TV area. Overall, an EXCELLENT stay and I will never forget it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Central Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

Did not choose this place, choice was made by my employer. Room, amenities, and cleanliness was average, nothing to shout about. I don't think the room was vacuumed the entire time (24 days) I was there. I know the place was dusted one time, because I wrote my initials in the dust on the TV stand one day and they were gone the next day. Taking a shower was a gamble. The hot water was variable, as in none available to scalding. Notifed the front desk about this problem (day 2 of stay) and was told "we are aware and have been trying to fix the problem for a while". Problem was still happening the last morning I was there. All employees were friendly and pleasant. Over all place was adequate at best.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
U.S.A
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Decided to take a quick weekend trip for the heck of it, as I love the Destin area. I normally have a reservation somewhere, but since I left on a whim, I just hoped to find something decently priced and nice.

I am normally not a huge fan of certain chains of hotels, but I was tired of driving and decided to pull over for the night since this property looked fairly new on the outside. Well, I am happy I did. It was very busy, but I didnt wait long. The front desk rep was working all alone, and I am sure she had a long and tiresome day, but she gave those that were in front of me a quick and professional check in. She was very helpful, and courteous.

The hotel is very modern looking and sleek. I was given a nice king suite, as the hotel was booked to capacity. Comfy bed, nice bathroom and flat screen television, I couldnt really ask for more at the time, especially since I was truly looking for a safe and good night's sleep.

If you don't really care about having coast views and being beachfront, I highly recommend this property. It is not as costly as staying in other places at times I am sure, and definately serves its purpose if you are not looking for large hotel or resort type amenities and come to the area for the sand, sun, and shopping!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
ComfortFortwaltonBch, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2009
It was our pleasure having you stay with us. Please come back and stay with us next time you are in our area!
Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed in this hotel this summer & when we went in to get a room they put in room 406. We had driven 10 hours that day & were ready to lay down for a few minutes. When we opened the door, they had put us in a dirty room! So we called down and they said well we will put you in room 408 so we go out and the house keeping staff tried to open the door and it wouldn't open. The manager came up and said well we will put them in room 404, then the housekeeper informed them that it was dirty. SO they ended up making stay in room 409 for an hour while they cleaned room 408. They told us not to lay on the bed or anything. Let me remind you we had just driven 10 hours! So when the hour was up the lady knocked on our door and said give us just 15 more minutes to vaccum and dust, by this time I was irrate!! It was absolutely ridiculous!! Neeless to say even though we had to wait forever the rooms where very nice.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
ComfortFortwaltonBch, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2009
We are sorry for your less than pleasant stay, we hope in the future you will come back and give us a second chance. We are a brand new hotel and our staff is one of the best!
Sandusky, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

I am writing this review literally within an hour of checking in. From the moment I walked in, I was greeted by the wonderful desk clerk who had me checked-in 60 seconds later. As we walked into the room, we realized how wonderful our stay was going to be. The decor of the room is wonderful, not to mention the cleanliness. At this point, even if I do encounter a problem, I will look the other way because of my first impression. Convenient location, wonerful rooms, at a hotel ownwer, I give this place an A+.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!