“Excellent staff and very quiet.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 30 hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Sanford, North Carolina
“Excellent staff and very quiet.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here over the Columbus Day Weekend for a military unit reunion event. We got a group rate which is always good. The hotel is right on Hwy 98 which is the main drag in Ft Walton Beach. Although the hotel was fully booked we never experienced any real noise and we were only 2 doors down from the elevator. We must have picked the right times to hit breakfast because we never had a problem getting a table or had any issues with the quality of the food, it's not gourmet but more than sufficient. The staff was really the shining star of this relatively new property, everyone from the front desk to the housekeeping staff was just great, very friendly and very helpful. We needed some extra time on Sunday when checking out and asked for a late check out, no problems at all. We really enjoyed our stay and will likely stay here again when we hold our reunion next year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you so very much for your time to let us know about your recent stay. We are delighted to hear we not only met, but exceeded your travel expectations. We hope when your travels bring you back to Ft Walton, we will be your only choice!
Thank you so much for your business!

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is OK. But during summer can be very crowded. During this time having breakfast is terrible. I do not recommend using the pool, the water has some strange bubbles. Out of this period the hotel is more relaxing.

• Stayed July 2013
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thanks for taking to review the property. We appreciate you and your business. We hope you will be back during our non-peak season and enjoy the hotel.
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is Tourist hotel. NOT business friendly, especially if you are using a Corporate Lodging Card. This hotel only gets about half of it's regular rate when CLC members stay here and they don't like it. And will give you their worse rooms. I called this hotel at 10:00 pm on 08/14/13, to Check In the next day. I asked if I could get an early check in because I was working at 10 pm, 08/15/13 and needed to sleep during that day. The clerk said, they will not be full that night and would be able to check in at 1 pm. I arrived at 1 pm, and was promptly told, They do not check in anyone until 3 pm. But I could possibly check in at 2 pm. And at 2 pm, I was checked in by the General Manager, Michelle G. herself. I told her, I needed to sleep for work that night. She gives me what turns out to be worse and noisiest room in the hotel. Room 213 is next to the elevator, with Head of the bed against the wall of the elevator. After 3 hours, and been woke up a 3rd time by the elevator. I asked for another room. I was given room 216 across from the elevator hall, so still a noisy room but I was able to sleep a little. Michele G. Checked me out the next day, and knew I had "Reviewed" her hotel on Yahoo by then. Her exact words were " Sorry you couldn't sleep Mr Johnson", Out of 11 people on my travel team, I was the only one to stay here. The rest of my team stayed at the Quality Inn down the street, I will not be staying here again for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Any room away from Elevator, if they put you in the room, directly behind elevator, expect to hear t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. We do our very best for each guest to get you in a clean vacant room at your request time, however during our peak month, it does becomes a challenge.
I am sorry you were not able to get quality sleep and really want you to return and allow us to find the perfect room for you?
Thank you so much for your business, we appreciate you and hope to see you again soon!
North Port, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel (3 nights) as it was closest to the wedding activities. The exterior and interior were clean and the front desk folks were very welcoming and helpful. When getting to our room, I realized that it was not what I had reserved, which was a King room. The front desk quickly found a room for us. The room was very roomy. I think another chair or loveseat could have fit too! We also had a refrigerator, microwave, and coffeemaker in the room. I like having a refrigerator to keep water bottles cold for future use. We did not have time to use the indoor pool but it was always being used and it looked well kept. The bed was comfortable and the pillows, although small, were comfortable too. The TV worked fine but the control was a bit awkward to use at first. The only complaint I have is that the towels were too thin. They get soaked in no time after drying off from the shower. On our 2nd day, they forgot to replenish the bath towels and we ended up with pool towels, which were a bit bigger and thicker. These worked great!

The breakfast area was always clean and well attended. Loved all the hot/cold items and no one seemed to have any issues. Would recommend this hotel for the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking time to let us and others know about your recent stay. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we met your expectations! We hope you will make our hotel your hotel every time your ravels bring you back to the Ft Walton area! Thank you so much for your business!
Minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Upon drive up, the exterior and public areas looked fine. Our check-in process was efficient and smooth. We were surprised at the wide hallways and the generous size of our room. Upon arrival, we noticed that our room was stuffy and warm. Thinking that this is not unusual on a hot Florida July afternoon, we turned down the A/C and went out for the evening.

We returned to our room at 10PM and the room was 79 degrees, despite the A/C being on. We called the front desk and a maintenance person arrived quickly. He worked on the A/C and found a wiring problem. He also tried to fix the volume on our TV; it would not go high enough to hear. He said he would look for an A/C unit and TV for us. After 30 minutes, I called the front desk: "The maintenance person was looking for the A/C unit and TV for us." After another 30 minutes, I called the front desk again. The lady said the maintenance person went home for the night. I asked about changing rooms; we could not as the hotel was full. After some prompting on my part, the night desk manager offered a deeply discounted rate for our inconvenience if we would stay the night. We agreed.

Upon checkout the next morning, the day manager had notes about our experiences. However, she said we were only offered a $40 discount, not the rate promised the night before. After considerable debate at the counter, I asked for the General Manager. The desk person tried calling the GM at home (it was Sunday) but could not reach her.

I made calls to the GM, Michelle Garcia, for two days after our checkout. She was gracious and ultimately gave me the discount rate promised. However, I had to spend a considerable amount of energy to resolve this issue; I only wanted what was promised me to get me to stay the night in a tough situation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to let us know about your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear you had a few issues in your guest room, but am happy to hear the end result was what the night auditor offered. During busy summer months when all of our rooms are full, its hard to move a guest when we do not have availability. I sure wish we did have a room to move you to, so you would have a prefect stay. We would love the opportunity to host you again and show you the hotel is a great place to stay. We want every guest to leave happy and want to return. Thank you for your business. We appreciate you.
tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here 2nd year in a Row great customer service, rooms are always clean, good size bathrooms, good coffee, feels like home, great breakfast!! Will return a great place for a family!!staff are awesome will alway do what they can to help in any way!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We love to hear you are a return guest and plan to make our hotel your home away from home when your travels bring you back to Ft Walton. We are thrilled we met your expectations! Thank you for your business!!
DeRidder, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We arrived and checked in, got to our room and the air didn't work. My husband went down to tell the staff and was advised to just "unplug and reset it". We tried that but it still blew hot. This went on for an hour. He went down to tell them again and the lady acted like there was nothing she could do about it at first. Finally after getting the run around she moved us to another room but said "the tv was acting up in this room so just flip it off and on if it doesn't work". Wow amazing. Our room smelled so horrible with paint fumes that my kids woke up sick from the smell. Breakfast area was very small and the tables wobbled tons. There was one bottle of syrup out for the waffles for everyone to share which I thought was very unsanitary and not to mention not enough to go around. There were some sort of small bugs crawling on the pastries as well. This was the second time we have had an awful stay at a comfort Inn. The last was in houston Texas. The staff was very unfriendly as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your time to let us know about your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. We will be sure to note your issues and ensure our staff address`s each concern. We do want every guest to have an exceptional stay, so we would like to invite you back in the near future to have a much better stay in Ft Walton. We appreciate you and your business.

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!